Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Lord -vs- Corsair

Default Night Lord -vs- Corsair

I'm just curious, which do you think is better? If you are going to post "brawlers are better than both. i dont care" Then get out. They both attack from a Range, they both also use a "Use" item to Attack.
    So,

Night Lord, or Corsair?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Alone, the Corsair has the highest DPS.
    In the standard Bossing party, NLs have the highest DPS.

NL's TT is more heavily affected by both Apples and SE, giving them a greater boost in attack. A dexless NL will also have a much higher base luk (the only stat TT is based off of), so maxed MW will also give a slightly higher boost.

However, with solo bossing, Corsairs will have the highest DPS as long the ship isn't broken.

One thing that really doesn't change the absolute ideal of the class, but will still affect the average person is time. People have had several years to scroll Sin equips and learn the formulas, where as pirates haven't even been out for a year. They obviously have a lower selection of equips atm, which means NLs are slightly easier to equip right now.

When you say 'better', NLs are definately better for party boss running. This does NOT mean corsairs are bad, they are still one of the best classes for bossing. NLs are just able to take more advantage of party buff skills.

If you mean 'better' by solo, then Corsairs will overpower NLs.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Alone, the Corsair has the highest DPS.
    In the standard Bossing party, NLs have the highest DPS.

NL's TT is more heavily affected by both Apples and SE, giving them a greater boost in attack. A dexless NL will also have a much higher base luk (the only stat TT is based off of), so maxed MW will also give a slightly higher boost.

However, with solo bossing, Corsairs will have the highest DPS as long the ship isn't broken.

One thing that really doesn't change the absolute ideal of the class, but will still affect the average person is time. People have had several years to scroll Sin equips and learn the formulas, where as pirates haven't even been out for a year. They obviously have a lower selection of equips atm, which means NLs are slightly easier to equip right now.

When you say 'better', NLs are definately better for party boss running. This does NOT mean corsairs are bad, they are still one of the best classes for bossing. NLs are just able to take more advantage of party buff skills.

If you mean 'better' by solo, then Corsairs will overpower NLs.
    This has been/still is debated endlessly.

What Tesi just said is true.

/thread
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Well this depends on are u rich or not~~~~ and how long u well play

Rich no time to train-make a dexless sin with gold item.

Rich have time to train-gunner could be good.but weapon need self scroll, like me i scroll every sigle weapon my self but i'm a bucc tho.

Poor no time to train-make a normal sin and have fun with it.

poor have time train-make a gunner and play it make it 3rd job and have fun with it. gunners skills are new so u should try it and they pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by MaolinChu View Post

Rich have time to train-gunner could be good.but weapon need self scroll, like me i scroll every sigle weapon my self but i'm a bucc tho.

poor have time train-make a gunner and play it make it 3rd job and have fun with it. gunners skills are new so u should try it and they pretty cool
    Dude!

/thread= KILL THREAD.

kill. thread.

edit: Wow dude, I just read what you posted and it makes absolutely no sense. Way to (sort of) necro a pointless topic with an even more pointless post.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by MaolinChu View Post

Marlin: It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it.
    [to Squirt]
    Marlin: Look, you're really cute, but I can't understand what you're saying. Say the first thing again.
    - Finding nemo

Spoiler!

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Mushmom

NL's aren't that great without SE. Even appled they can be beaten out if they don't have SE. That's the main buff they take advantage of, I mean everything else is just a tiny boost to them (excluding MW). CS's however, don't need that extra boost seeing as it really doesn't help them much. They have no beginning critical that would get a nice boost from SE, so their damage is never going to get severely increased by any class buff, even SI wouldn't increase their damage input too much.

Also, 3 days isn't a ****ing necropost. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by LT gamer View Post
    NL's aren't that great without SE. Even appled they can be beaten out if they don't have SE. That's the main buff they take advantage of, I mean everything else is just a tiny boost to them (excluding MW). CS's however, don't need that extra boost seeing as it really doesn't help them much. They have no beginning critical that would get a nice boost from SE, so their damage is never going to get severely increased by any class buff, even SI wouldn't increase their damage input too much.

Also, 3 days isn't a ****ing necropost. Get over yourself.
    6, but while it (technically) wasn't a necropost, I specified so by saying that he "sort of" necroposted (that was a joke, mostly). I also meant that:

as he had nothing worthwhile to contribute, his post was completely useless and only served to bump a thread that should've died because Tesiqurasa just summed up what all the NL-Corsair arguments center on. All he was doing was saying... well... actually, I can't even decipher what he's saying. gg.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by FyrFrost View Post
    6, but while it (technically) wasn't a necropost, I specified so by saying that he "sort of" necroposted (that was a joke, mostly). I also meant that:

as he had nothing worthwhile to contribute, his post was completely useless and only served to bump a thread that should've died because Tesiqurasa just summed up what all the NL-Corsair arguments center on. All he was doing was saying... well... actually, I can't even decipher what he's saying. gg.
    Then it's spam...? And I know I can count, so how the hell is it 6 days? Also, how was it a joke? Kind of lost on that part. O_o

Summing up on a post isn't enough, and no matter how stupid an opinion is, it should be shared so it can at least be corrected. Also, I feel that saying a thread is over is just as stupid as pointing out a stupid post. VERY redundant, if you're going to post contribute to the damn discussion by providing insight, anecdotes, etc. Don't say that something has been debated endlessly (when it really hasn't, it's a generally known fact that CS's do better than NL's unbuffed). But enough of this derailing, get back to the topic.

CS's>NL's. None of that specific bull**** I always hear, which really just seems like it's a cover for the advantages that CS's have.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Uh...Fyr's kinda right about this topic. Corsairs have higher DPS solo, NightLords with the standard boss run Buffs. And then Mages/AMs have the highest DPS map mobbing, heros have it highest flat mobbing. (unless buc.s beat them now?) This kind of thing has formulas, especially since CS and NLs just stand there and spam attack.
    Really is end of thread:
    NL>CS standard party
    CS>NL solo

There isn't a whole lot to debate...

Edit: "Specific bull****"?

90% of all bossing runs will include an SEer and apples. Bossing is NLs time to shine, because they kinda suck at solo grinding. Classes rely on each other to promote diversity, but maple doesn't take it as far as games like WoW or Lineage. You need to include these factors, because that is what really matters. Look at it this way, neither NLs or Corsairs can really train effectively solo (not counting bossing). They rely on groups, or mages to help them lvl. These groups and mages rely on bossers to be able to actually finish a boss run. This is a MMO, looking ONLY at solo aspects is pointless. If this were the case, then Arch Mages and Bishops would come out on top all the time.
    Buffs play a HUGE role in maple. People greatly desire priests' holy symbol. No BM/MM/NL/CS (unwashed) would be able to horntail without Hyper body. SE gives crit to those without, and greatly increases those that do. Apples are relatively cheap for the massive boost they give, especially to classes like NLs that rely heavily on weapon attack. Maple Warrior increases everyone's stats, and many classes have to get this well into their 4th job, so they rely on others (mages) for the buff. Haste allows AMs/Bishops to traverse maps much more quickly, especially the new skele mini-dungeon. Later lvls in maple are all about teamwork, very few people solo train until 200. It isn't "bull****" it is just how maple works.

Spoiler!