Thread: Strength Bandit Guide

Default Strength Bandit Guide

What I like about Str Bandits over Luk bandits is that a lot of new possibilities are opened. Before, Luk was flat out better than Str, but ever since the Khanjar shield was introduced, which gave +7 attack, and the Dragon Khanjar, which gave +15 attack (and both could be scrolled for more), Str has been making a revival.
    Str Bandits basically have higher minimum damage and lower maximum damage than Luk Bandits, and have slightly better and cheaper weapons. One thing I noticed was that a funded Str Bandit could max out Savage Blow before Mastery, and do more damage (though not much, and you have to spend quite a bit of money), so for you impatient people like me, Str could be the way to go.

The AP Build for a Str Bandit is simply this: get enough Str and Dex to wear your next equip, and dump the rest into Luk. Capping Str and Dex is a good idea, since your equips can give a lot of Dex, and some Str, though I would suggest getting enough Str (base+equips) to carry the level 110/120 weapon, or the best one. A cheater way to do it once you hit 4th job is to equip an item after using Maple Hero, just a note.

The SP build is the same for Str Bandit as it is for Luk Bandit; there are a few things though for both. I would suggest maxing Dark Sight > Disorder, simply because Disorder is later on used simply for de-aggroing monsters, while max Dark Sight can be used with Haste. To get max Dark Sight first job, you have to also take 2 out of Nimble Body; however, both Dark Sight and Nimble Body can be maxed if you're willing to give up 2 points in the (almost) useless Steal and Endure in 2nd job. There's a "Power Build" for 2nd job that maxes Savage Blow first, then 10 Haste, then 19 Mastery, and then 6 Booster/max Haste. In my opinion, this costs a lot and works much better with Str Bandits than Luk Bandits, since Str Bandits at this time have a lot higher minimum damage and don't need Mastery nearly as much, though I suggest the normal build (19 Mastery followed by 6 Booster/max Savage Blow, and then Haste) or the semi-normal build (21 Savage Blow followed by 19 Mastery, or vice versa, before anything else) for people who aren't funded. 3rd job builds depend on where you're training, but is the same for both classes.

Now, Luk Bandits do in fact become much better at levels 70+, even having higher minimum and maximum damage; this leaves Str Bandits unwilling to restat with Meso Explosion, which costs a lot to train with. But recently, the Khanjar was introduced and it required Str, not Luk. The Khanjar gives +7 Atk and +1 Luk, which is a pretty amazing shield, and it looks cool since this is Maplestory's version of dual-wielding, I think. And with the release of Shield Atk Scrolls, it could give even more Atk and some Str. The Dragon Khanjar is an upgrade at level 120, and it costs the same amount of Str as the level 110 weapons; it gives +15 Atk and +2 Luk. This makes the Str Bandit have a higher amount of Atk, which matters more than Luk later on.

So that's what I have to say about the special needs of Str Bandits, and some for all Bandits. PM me if I made a mistake, though I don't think I did.

Thats a quite awsome guide. Tho, u dint really camee up with details/builds/etc. Thumbs up ;)
    "Everybody is the judge of their own destiny."

There are builds inside, and enough detail if you already posses adequate knowledge about bandits. It's just not laid out in a newbie-friendly manner. The layout could use some work, but it is refreshing to see a STR Bandit guide. You could also include picture comparisons to help drive your point, like how STR bandits have more stable damage and so on.
    SEA's only inactive Transexual Archer