Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranger Skill Build

Icon11 Ranger Skill Build

This is not about strless bowmen, this is just asking for builds, I looked up guides, but they were years and years old, I want suggestions from people playing now, in today's training enviroment. I know this is double posting, but no one wants to look at my strless thread anymore, so I'll post it here since it has nothing to do w/ strless.

I planed out part ranger and a little bit of BM, and I'd like suggestions on how to finish and improve it:

Ranger:
    Max Strafe
    5 Mortal Blow
    Max Arrow rain
    Max Mortal Blow

*from here IDK what to do, it's puppet, hawk, and inferno left, idk what order to max them in*

BM (note, I'm ignoreing the skill book thing, if I get to the limit of a skill, say 10 hurr and I want 11, I'll save the sp for it, move on, and put it to where I want when I get a skill book to pass):

11 Hurricane
    6 Bow Expert
    20 Sharp Eyes
    21 Hurricane
    Max Sharp Eyes
    Max Bow Expert
    Max Hurricane

*from here IDK what to do, it's Dragons Breath, Phonenix, Concentrate, Hamstring, and Maple Warrior left and idk what order to max them in*

help on both builds plz T_T

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    This is not about strless bowmen, this is just asking for builds, I looked up guides, but they were years and years old, I want suggestions from people playing now, in today's training enviroment. I know this is double posting, but no one wants to look at my strless thread anymore, so I'll post it here since it has nothing to do w/ strless.

I planed out part ranger and a little bit of BM, and I'd like suggestions on how to finish and improve it:

Ranger:
    Max Strafe
    5 Mortal Blow
    Max Arrow rain
    Max Mortal Blow

*from here IDK what to do, it's puppet, hawk, and inferno left, idk what order to max them in*

Mortal Blow is not a necessity and doesn't have to be maxed out so soon. Just get to five to unlock AR. Between getting MB and AR you may want to put some points into Puppet or hawk depending where you are going to train. 21 hawk is pretty useful for Newties. My personal build (really general)
    Max Strafe
    5 MB
    6 Puppet
    21 AR
    21 Hawk
    Max AR
    MAx Puppet
    Max Hawk
    Max MB
    then 21 points to split between Inferno and Thrust depending on how useful Inerno is at time temple.

BM (note, I'm ignoreing the skill book thing, if I get to the limit of a skill, say 10 hurr and I want 11, I'll save the sp for it, move on, and put it to where I want when I get a skill book to pass):

11 Hurricane
    6 Bow Expert
    20 Sharp Eyes
    21 Hurricane
    Max Sharp Eyes
    Max Bow Expert
    Max Hurricane

*from here IDK what to do, it's Dragons Breath, Phonenix, Concentrate, Hamstring, and Maple Warrior left and idk what order to max them in*

One Hurricane lasts a long time, SE would be better to get first than Hurricane. Here's your build slightly rearranged

1 Hurricane
    20 Sharp Eyes
    6 Bow Expert
    11 Huricane
    Max Sharp Eyes
    Max Bow Expert
    Max Hurricane

From then on its your choice between Concentrate or MW and then between the final three. You may want to get a least one point in both Phoenix and Hamstring between 120-125 just to help training.

help on both builds plz T_T
    Comments are in bold.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

Icon11

Thanks and a couple questions:

When I read the skill description for ham-string it sounded pretty useless. Whenever I see bm's training, they're just going at it with hurricane and arrow rain, I've never actually seen the hamstring attack used, why do you reccomend that I put a point in it early? Wouldn't DB be better as an attack to slow down an aproaching mob if that's what I need?

I notice that you switched 20 SE and 6 BE. In my origional build, I had BE being maxed after SE was maxed, but my guildmate (who is a bm) told me that SE unstabalizes my damage even more than crit does, so it'd be better to put some BE and increase my mastery before going after SE. Do you agree with that statement?

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    Thanks and a couple questions:

When I read the skill description for ham-string it sounded pretty useless. Whenever I see bm's training, they're just going at it with hurricane and arrow rain, I've never actually seen the hamstring attack used, why do you reccomend that I put a point in it early? Wouldn't DB be better as an attack to slow down an aproaching mob if that's what I need?

sorry about that I actually meant to write DB not hamstring. Hamstring's not that useful.

I notice that you switched 20 SE and 6 BE. In my origional build, I had BE being maxed after SE was maxed, but my guildmate (who is a bm) told me that SE unstabalizes my damage even more than crit does, so it'd be better to put some BE and increase my mastery before going after SE. Do you agree with that statement?

SE will unstabilise your damage a lot but make it MUCH higher, even 1 point makes a lot of difference. I suppose you could get some BE before working on SE but you should get at least 6 SE before getting BE so you can help other people too.
    Comments in bold.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

Icon11

TYVM ^o^ no further questions. I can change my siggy now ;o

Is it necessery tat a ranger must master mortal blow?

If you intend to KB at close range, yes.
    I'm Retired.

Imagine yourself spamming hurricane somewhere.

Then suddenly, a monster spawns in front of you.

You stop shooting your super gatling bazooka gun and whack it

Mortal Blow will most of the time continue firing instead of whacking it in this case.
    by Cryopon

Mortal Blow is for those brief moments that stuff spawns in front of you, but if you will only boss forever you shouldn't need it... Unless you really suck.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

but now inferno gt constant duration burn damage... my friend say tat i should add inferno.. wad should i add?