Thread: The World Within

Default The World Within

Hello, dear Hidden-Street fiction community =) I am not a MapleStory player, but one of your comrades got me here, saying there's quite a few nice fictions not related to any games around, and I have to say I was amazed. I wanted to start my own one, too =) It's a bit based off a game and people who played it surely will notice. But do not spoil it to the others! Also it's a bit different and you will see that =)

Prologue

The sun was setting at Okina City's horizon and a nice smell came from the dinner that was being warmed on a pan right now. A fly came flying around the room and decided the best place to sit on would be the TV where a little news program ran, a news program that was being followed by the teenager sitting on the couch in front of it. The atmosphere made fairly obvious that he was in some way related to what was on the screen.

"23-year old Nika Konishi is still considered missing and even after a week the police apparently has not found a single clue on her whereabouts. Could she be declared dead already? We're at the crime scene and investigating by ourselves!"

"Don't listen to the reporters. They never say good things about the police. And where the hell would the crime scene be anyway?! There's no knowing where she disappeared!" the caretaker spoke, angrily. She was a female, about thirty years old, long brown hair, and she had been assigned to take care of Nika Konishi's adopted child until she came back or until a week had passed. She looked at him, then turned towards the pan again and put the meat and potatoes on two plates, putting it on a table near her.

The teenager pressed the power button on the TV remote. He didn't want to listen to stupid lies about his mother.
    "Oh, good that you turned it off. Dinner's ready, Leon."
    Leon had short black hair. At least the city people would have said it's short, but actually it was long enough to cover up his ears. His eyes were light blue, almost with a shade of grey in them, and he was relatively tall.

"Listen, Leon. We have something to talk about. I'm just your caretaker and I was only going to take care of you for a week, but now that your mother is-"
    "Stepmother."
    "Yes, now that your stepmother is gone for a week, I'm going to have to take you to another place. Don't worry, you'll like it. I'm taking you to your mother's br-"
    "Stepmother."
    "Yes, yes, it's okay. I'm going to take you to your stepmother's brother. He's living in a little town you can reach by an hour of trainride from here. You're going to have to pack your things - he said he had a room and these kinds of things for you, so only take your clothes and your most precious belonging, okay?"
    "It's alright." Leon muttered, standing up and leaving the hot steak on his plate, untouched, slowly walking towards his room. The caretaker just stared at him. This wasn't the first time she had to handle those situations, but every time when she saw a mere kid getting separated from his parents her heart broke. She sighed and looked at her own plate, taking a bite from her steak.

It was disgusting.

She poured both her own and his plate into the garbage can and took out her cellphone, dialing the number for the pizza service.
    She never had been good at cooking when her heart was broken.

Leon's room was practically empty except for a little TV on a little shelf and his bed. He had packed his bag already, but before he closed it, he took something out of his pocket. He looked at it thoroughly. It was a blue card, like they were used for card games as poker, with a beautifully decorated background, but nothing was on it. He slipped it into his bag, then closed it.

Chapter 1

The conductor's voice sounded boring and lifeless as he blurted into his microphone. "Final Destination, Inaba. Please leave the train now. The train won't stop at any other location."

Leon sighed. He was the only one on this train, the rest had left already at other stations. What kind of town was this? He got up, carrying his black Nike bag on his shoulder. It was rather heavy, but the weight didn't disturb Leon anymore, he had another weight on him, a way heavier one, the one about his stepmother.
    He took a look out of the train before he took his first step on Inaba's streets. A horizon far away, only covered by one mountain, showed an orange sun that didn't blind his eyes. The sky was cloudless and red, a beautiful sundown indeed, Leon thought, as he walked through the train station's gate. It was just a huge stone gate and the train station was nothing else than one pair of trainrails and three capsule vending machines.

"Hey! You!" someone yelled and Leon turned to the right, seeing a cheerful man with literally shirt black hair waving his arm at him. He was wearing a red tie on a black top which made him look very young combined with his light blue jeans. He had brown eyes and Leon estimated his age at around thirty-two. "Are you Leon?" he asked.
    "Yes, that's me. And you are?"
    "I'm Jin Konishi. Your mom's older brother. C'mon, it's getting late. You're going to have to get used to me as your guardian now."

He reached out his hand and Leon took it, shaking it.

"... she's my stepmother, by the way."

(Incomplete! I shall work on this tomorrow. I'm sorry.)

Hmmm this kinda reminds me of the begining of Persona 4

what kon thinks when looking at RE
    Kon. says:
    there is leon shaving uuuh saving her
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/
    please help me grow
    http://timbucktoe.myminicity.com/ind

Spoiler!