Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Are unfunded DEXless sins worth it?

Thread: Are unfunded DEXless sins worth it?

Default Are unfunded DEXless sins worth it?

After much convincing from my friend, I started a DEXless sin in Khaini. However, since my other characters are on Bera, I'm pretty much without funds. I'm at level 27 now with some funding from my friend. I was able to snag an average, clean Maple Claw and Skanda, as well as a decent Maple Hat. Other than that, I only have about 400k.

Basically, since I have very few funds and am poor at merchanting (my main accounts aren't exactly godly, but I do manage to get some good equips), will this character turn out okay? I know I'll start having some quests that churn great rewards, but I'm still unsure.

I'll have to find damage totals later, but I'm consistently 2HKOing Wild Boars (the last thing I remember killing) with a slightly-above-average, clean Garnier and Subis.

-

ALSO, since I didn't want to start another topic, I'm slightly concerned about my bandit's DEX cap. I stopped adding it in after 100. Is this too much?
    Depressio - 8x Chief Bandit - Bera
    xTengoku - 3x Cleric - Bera
    KingofCute - 3x DEXless Assassin - Khaini
    YoumuBlade - 1x Page-to-be - Khaini

Normaly no funding is enough for a dexless sin. But you seem to be on a good track, there are TONS of quests that give you 60% glove att and a lvl 25 one that will give you a scroll. that should fund you, and then get some tobis and +7 your maple claw, that will do it untill you go for godly equips.

Also, a dexless sin is really ment to be a side char, for someone with high lvls that wants to have some fun and has tons of money, really id call it quits. If you wanted to start on a new server you shoulda made a simple normal side stat build char.

Also capping your dex is all about funding the poorer you are the higher your cap.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Lucky Seven is only based on Weapon attack and Luk. The mastery behind the skill is not based on dex, str, or mastery. Keep this in mind. All you care about damage wise (with L7) is W/att and Luk.

If you are debating between low/reg dex and dexless, then it is an easy choice. Dexless is cheaper for the damage produced, but technically (especially now with badges coming out), low-dex will be able to hit higher after 130. If you decide to go this route later on, no problem, just scroll for dex instead of luk. Dexless is very flexible.

If you are debating between a Dexless Sin and some other class, then you may want to rethink your choice.
    Sins are expensive, no doubt about it. Cheap Icy, plentiful glove att scroll quests, and maple weapons have made it easier to be an unfunded sin, but other classes obviously have it easier. You will rarely make money just from training a sin. If your only source of income are monster drops, you will just barely be scraping by. Long term, Bishops are the only ones that make serious money easily. If you plan on HP washing (Mandatory for -15x HornTail, Pink Bean, and 12x Skelegon) you need to have a bishop. If you really want to be well equipped, start a cleric and rush it to bishop. Sell leech, or just train with a NL (for Meso Up) and you will be pulling in huge amounts of mesos.
    Realisticlly, few people do this, but it does work. I personally did it in Kradia, but it takes a whole lot of patience and work.

If you don't plan on going to this extreme, just stick with your sin. After lvl 30, there are tons of quests you can do to earn meso. Know the server's market and sell items for a fair price. By lvl 50 you need a store as a sin. There is no way around this, you NEED the money. Spamming S>@@@@ won't sell quickly and won't sell at market value. A store will. Sell something in MTS or go out and buy 10k Nx. You NEED a store.

Also, even if merchanting isn't your thing, do it anyway. Merching in Maple is easy because 70% of people online are complete idiots. Kinda harsh, but true. Set up a schedule for yourself. For example, set aside 5 days just for training/lvling/PQing/Questing. 1 day can be a 'break' day. 1 Day can be your merchanting day. You sacrifice training, but earn plenty of meso. If you start out merching with about 5m, after 1 day it can easily turn into 10m. After that, it can become 15-20m, then 20-30, and so on. This will help keep your funds up, and allow you to purchase good equips (which will speed up training). Eventually, you will have no choice but to merchant or buy Nx weekly. When I trained my NL, it took roughly 10mil of pots to get me 100% on 1x exp. I only looted about 7mil in that time. Doesn't add up does it?

Spoiler!

In my opinion il say it totally isn't. The point of a dexless is that u dmg high. But without funds the dmg u do would be, frankly, hopeless. I had a dexless w/o funds and at lvl 60 where u shld dmg 3-4k for norm dexless, I dmg max 2k. My new dexless funded can dmg 2.5-3k at lvl 30. With funds of about 1b

Drake

Based on your funding , I would strongly recommend you to play a Cleric or a Reg DEX warrior . Honestly you will find it tough to play a Thief class without a decent amount of funds of at least a few million mesos .
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by Depressio View Post
    ALSO, since I didn't want to start another topic, I'm slightly concerned about my bandit's DEX cap. I stopped adding it in after 100. Is this too much?
    You're fine with your DEX cap, it more depends on how much added DEX you have. I didn't cap until 140 DEX, so I've got a lot of resetting to do once I start getting some good equips. But I'm also reg DEX, so I'll end up wearing most of the Reverse equips. So since it seems like you're probably going low DEX, then that should be fine, you might just end up resetting a few points later on.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiphone32 View Post
    In my opinion il say it totally isn't. The point of a dexless is that u dmg high. But without funds the dmg u do would be, frankly, hopeless. I had a dexless w/o funds and at lvl 60 where u shld dmg 3-4k for norm dexless, I dmg max 2k. My new dexless funded can dmg 2.5-3k at lvl 30. With funds of about 1b
    Kinda Necro'd there, BUT...

The point of a dexless sin isn't to just 'do high damage'. Dexless sins take advantage of the Luky7 formula as much as possible.
    The funds you have for a dexless are the same you would have for a reg-dex. The point is that dexless almost ALWAYS does more damage. You could use clean claws and no other gear, but you would out-damage a reg-dex with a semi-scrolled claw and regular gear.

Just because OTHER people might be doing high damage doesnt mean you need to be as well.

If someone is very set on becoming a sin, dexless is the cheapest for the damage produced. Here's an example of equips for a starting sin:
    Icy (bout 25k each in the FM)
    5 att wgs (5-6mil at most)
    3 Luk bamboo hat (free from quest)
    100%ed Garnier (490k for scrolls)
    Squishy Shoes (free from KPQ)

Now, these equips suck for now, but about 2-3 years ago, having stuff like this would make you be considered 'funded'.

tl;dr: Don't jump on the dexless bandwagon. Know what you are doing.

Spoiler!

Goin from my old knowledge of MS ... i quit for a year or 2 btw ... dexless is not recommended unlesss .... UNLESS you have funding ... which is almost a req. for a dexless sin
    Save your own ass before you save someone elses because your no help to anyone else dead.
    -Ronald's one and only quote. If yall didnt ask me ... yall cant use it.

GoldShifter -Dual Blade- 3x Bera

Goals: Start Maple Again [x] Make a Person [x] 2nd Job [] 3rd Job [] 4th Job [] Level 200 [] Go Bossing [] Kill Zak and HT [] I start out small and work my way up

my sin is unfunded and i have all high scrolled equips and 13 sets of stars, sooo i think its pretty worth it