Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Michael Jackson, dead at 50. *RIP*

Someone here thinks he's/she's better than everyone else because he/she doesn't like what everyone else likes.

Michael Jackson was an icon of our generation, whether you like it or not, and as anyone in this world, deserves respect upon his/her passing. MJ isn't the only person to have a lost childhood due to stardom.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    No, it's not obvious that I seem to think of myself as better. I've very clearly stated several times now that I don't think of myself as better. Stop equating better with different. They are not the same thing. Go back a bit and read where I stated that I don't really care too much about his death. I'm not making a big deal about it. That's what I meant when I said I'm different from most and excluded myself from the masses as used in this context. Never once did I say I was better.

I know that quote isn't what an iconoclast is. I never said it was the definition. It's what the guitarist said concerning their concept album. The relevance is because the concept for their album is why I choose this name. As far as the judging is concerned I simply misunderstood this:

Misunderstanding and miscommunication seem to be the cause for this discussion. So I apologize for my part in not reading what you've said more clearly, in addition to not making my points as clear as they should be.
    You can convince yourself that you think you're 'different', but the idea that you're spreading is very obvious, don't attempt to use words to change what your meanings convey, they are as transparent as glass. Terms such as 'the masses' infer derogatory notions and are only used by people with a 'better than thou' problem or more commonly a "God complex" such as you will probably eventually develop.

However, you're not the only one to do this most small groups do, go ask a 'rocker' and they'll tell you that everyone else is stupid and that they're right, go ask 'goths' they'll say the same thing. Go ask '****sexuals', you guessed it.

The problem is that 'the masses' are not the majority, 'the masses' are your perception of the majority, and the general perception of the majority. 'the masses' don't exist, in fact they've almost never existed, they're a manifestation of the mind that we create to annoy ourselves and make ourselves feel 'superior' to others, because 'it seems like that's what they're all thinking'.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    Someone here thinks he's/she's better than everyone else because he/she doesn't like what everyone else likes.

Michael Jackson was an icon of our generation, whether you like it or not, and as anyone in this world, deserves respect upon his/her passing. MJ isn't the only person to have a lost childhood due to stardom.

Spoiler!

Luis Miguel is also very weird though. >:| Not as weird as MJ, but weird.

I mean, statistically wise, look at all of the people who do. -Points at Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, losers from those High School Musical movies, Jonas Brothers (They'll probably fall into crack in a few years), Miley Cyrus (Already ****ing promisciously)-

:/
    Gone with the wind

Icon8

To win an internet fight, give up first. That's how I got out of that Cheez mess years ago.

lol@internet fights
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*