Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice or Lightning?

Default Ice or Lightning?

I am a Lv. 45 Ice/Lightning Wizard at the moment. I chose to max ice first because of the high damage. But my friends say that i should of maxed lightning first so i can mob room 3/4 in Monster Carnival PQ. Im confused??? What is the best choice for I/L wizards? Ice or Lightning?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You are goign to want Lightening first. It will lvl you faster, meaning you will have both maxed much more quickly. You have Magic Claw for the single damage for now, and it's perfectly fine at lower lvls.

Spoiler!

Well lightning is good for lvling but it has a very low basic attack. and besides i can get ksed at any moment. I still like ice better. Lightning is a good choice but since i maxed ice already i plan on getting meditation b4 lightning for extra damage.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

No don't get Meditation. DEFINTATELY go lightening next. Meditation is basically useless if you don't have good attacks. If you really want the 20 magic attack, just use Magic Pots from NLC.
    The whole reason mages are good is mobbing attacks. If you wanted heavy single attacks, you chose the wrong class. You just won't make it far enough without some kind of mobbing. Your ice just doesn't do enough damage. At 4x-5x, you want to train at Truckers or MP3, and NEED NEED NEED lightening.
    I don't know how much more I can say..but
    GET LIGHTENING!

If you already made up your mind, why make a thread?

Spoiler!

An I/L will always max both out. If they don't they fail, period.

I went Ice first and well, I have to say i do not regret it (mainly because i was unfamiliar with mobbing and was unfunded). I then went meditate, to where of which i might regret (might).

Lightning is for mobbing in 2nd advancement, but it's not very effective when cpqing (of course ice isn't either but that's not the point here)

Go lightning while you can. if you're a couple points from maxing meditate, then max it out, a between skill is not cool/useful.
    by Cryopon

Yeah sure ill max lightning b4 meditation. So now i have to choose what to max after lightning meditation? mp eater(i find really stupid and useless)? or Teleport?

dude, what the hell, is with the size of your text.

sure, go meditate then mp eater. mp eater will help when you're fighting at mp3. go teleport last.
    by Cryopon

KK thank you. Now i know how to build my wizard.

MP eater is NOT useless, it saves you millions (billions, at higher levels) of mesos of potion cost.

I heard Lightning was nerfed only in CPQ? o_O

Yeah, meditation will help you more than MP Eater at Truckers/MP3 imo since more damage=more kills and more kills=faster leveling and faster leveling=faster skill acquisition.

Yay =P
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

i feel lightening is more useful than ice, level up lightening first