Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "No Life" LolWut...

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default "No Life" LolWut...

Everyone knows the expression in maple "if you are higher than the person, he is a noob, if you are lower, they have no life".
    Most people use this jokingly to mock the morons that actually live by this, but of course, some take it literally.

A few recent posts and replies have suggested that 100+s, 120+s, 150+s, w/e have no lives. A few people have even said 70+s have no lives.
    Could these morons be any more ignorant?

First of all, if you haven't played maple for the past 2-3 years, I can understand where you are coming from. Back then, lvl 100 was a pretty amazing achievement in GMS, and it took nothing but endless grinding. However, in the past few years new things have been implemented that make getting up to 120 or so much easier.

1. We have Mini-Dungeons from 10-200. You can literally train your whole maple life in a Mini-Dungeon, making it hard to be KSed in larger servers.

2. We have constant 4x. If you have some rep mules, you can have 4x whenever you want.

3. We have 4th job. This means mages can sell leech, making it even easier to lvl up.

4. We have new and better equips. You can now do more damage earlier and cheaper.

5. We've got tons of new quests and PQs, giving you even more of a boost.

Face it, lvling up now is pretty easy compared to 2-3 years ago. Getting lvl 100 then might be equal to hitting 150 or so now (unless you are a mage/bishop, lvling is insanely easy after 120). These people who say '100 lol no life' aren't stupid, they just haven't kept up with maple. You can't really blame or hate them for it.

Then there are the actual idiots who think that every 120+ has no life. They say 120 is hard to get and impossible to achieve. I have one phrase for you morons:
    STFU.

Why does a high lvl automatically deem you a 'no lifer'? Just because someone lvls up fast doesn't mean they are ignoring real life.
    Look at my brawler. I hit 99 in 1 month, brand new server, no leeching. I didn't play maple 24/7, in fact, I wasn't even on during the actual day. I only logged on at night to train. The only time during the day that my character was logged in was while in an AFK store. I trained an average of 4 hours a day, and only played for maybe 4.5 hours at most.
    Also note, I took a FULL week break to go to a lakehouse with my friends. No internet access, no maple. So in just over 3 weeks of playing time, i made 1-99.
    You know what else? I'm doing part time work at my Neighbor's garden and making some money. Maple is my hobby, not my life.

You know how I can lvl and still have a life? I was smart with my time. There is a reason only idiots say 'lol no life'. Only idiots have no clue how to play the game. THEY are the ones that don't know time management. THEY are the ones that can't save money well and merchant. THEY are the ones that are not able to just sit and train for a while. You morons spend over a year to hit 120, I do it in probably about 1.5 months. You are saying I have no life? You're the ones taking your years on one character.

There's nothing wrong with taking a long time to lvl up. I'm not bashing slow lvlers. I'm calling out the slow lvlers that use the excuse 'lol no life'. Take some time to actually THINK about it first. Oh wait, can people like this even think?

Edit: This is a later post in this thread, but some people really aren't seeing the point, so i'll put it in here:

I'll bet that 3 years down the road, Nexon will have implemented things like Stackable 2x cards, buying 50+ characters, making Anego Mini-Dungeons (drools), etc. Lvling will just keep getting easier and easier. I didn't even play in the early early stages of maple, yet it has changed insanely since I first started.

Also, my rant could be completely reversed to call out the higher lvls who put down 'noobs'. A higher lvl calling someone 'noob' is the same thing as a lower lvl calling someone a 'no lifer'. Lvl doesn't determine how good you are at maple, or even how much you play. Some of the people that just hang out around Henesys play just as long if not longer than many of the serious grinders (and spend just as much, if not MORE nx cash). There's nothing wrong with ANY lvl, it's how you play the game that matters. Some of the coolest people i've met are below lvl 30, and some of the biggest idiots are 180+.
    Meh, I guess the saying holds true for the ignorant.
    Lower lvl. Noob. Higher lvl. No life.

Spoiler!

Green Fairy

That's an awful lot of text. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? Think about it.

Phantom Watch

I have a lief

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTime View Post
    That's an awful lot of text. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself? Think about it.
    Looking at some of your recent posts regarding 'pron'...uh not even going to go there.

If you have never read any of my other posts, I ALWAYS type a ton, especially in rants. I'm trying to call out the idiots in this game.
    My CPQ rant would've been about 2-3 pages double spaced if it was an actual paper.

Spoiler!

120 in 1.5 months. Wow.

And I thought me getting 120 in 8 months was fast...
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

120 in 8 months for a 1st character is pretty fast. After you make a new character, it's pretty easy to lvl up. Once you match your old lvl, you seem to either
    a) Speed up
    b) hit a wall

My first *permanent* character took about 6 months for 100, then 4th job came out and I rushed to 120 in 2 weeks. I had several -70 characters before him, but I count him as my actual first character. The next 120+ character took about 4 months, then 2.5 months (not counting the period when I quit maple).

By now i've got it down to where I can lvl up almost any class to 120 in 2 months without leech. Getting good or fast at maple is just like any other game or activity. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

Spoiler!

Seeing as how, (Btw, nice rant) you got to level 99 in so little time, Where should I train my Brawler? After Xyphien quit the Forums, he gave me his Brawler.

Mob Roids in Magatia, then head over to MP3. It takes a little dedication, but if you buy just 1 2x card on a friday, you can make 10+ lvls easily (make sure it stacks with one of the 2x events). It might take a whole friday to train, but you can get a good 10-20 lvls with so many 2x events (if you stack cards). Then, you basically have the rest of your week free from extreme training to do whatever you want.

Spoiler!

What are Roids? Inside the place where you get the cape a level 35? The Jars with Plants in them?

Roids are on the right side of Magatia, inside the lab. Here's the path you take.
    2nd most right building in Magatia
    Go through the tube inside the building
    Head to the middle portal
    Take a left from there.

There is a mini-dungeon and regular map, the regular map is best for mobbers, the dungeon is best for snipers.

Spoiler!