Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Pirate (becoming a Brawler) SP Build?

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnexUK View Post
    QFT for everyone except Bandits... no speed makes me sick on my Hero. -_-

About Dash, I have heard a lot of Buccaneers/Marauders say that Dash can be quite annoying and useless before. Stuff like it activating when you don't need it, etc.

And from playing low-level Pirates I know that it's an awful drain on your MP early on, like Teleport is.
    Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I've never had the problem of dash activating with Backspin, in fact, I don't think i've ever had it activate when I didn't want it to. Maybe it was changed in a previous patch?
    Same.
    Or give up BT and max it later instead of MP recovery.
    What's so bad about MP Recovery? The description sounds great, and really useful. Or is it like Chakra? Really slow and bad for training?

Searching for Clean FS might not be the best idea. You could grab some 1-3 slot ones, and scroll them for jump. This can easily halve the price.
    I'd still rather have permanent haste than 2 extra attack. Even if you're buying crappy FS, you can still up your weapon or WG by 2 attack, unless you're super godly.

Otherwise, scrolling YSS or VSS for jump/speed is pretty good, although in the end, it's better to have dex.
    I have VSS scrolled for jump and speed. The jump scrolls come with DEX. My old shoes were 6 DEX and about 14 speed 15 jump. Works out nice!

If you scroll for speed/jump, you sacrifice too much because during Transform, these stats go to waste completely. During the 120 seconds or so that Transform cannot be used (with maxed normal trans), You need a way to boost your speed while mobbing. Dash in combination with several speed equips (MoN) can get you up to 140% speed/120% jump, Equal to Transform.
    You don't lose attack if you scroll for speed and jump, as explained a few times. You only lose attack if you're super godly and can afford high attack FS, in which case you may as well spend some of those mesos in the MTS, get 3 pets with equips, and scroll those lol

I suggest maxing Dash by at least lvl 70. Drop MP Recovery for it if you need too.
    That was pretty much my plan, unless I found somewhere else to put the points. MP recovery is a waste on practically any character! I just didn't see any point in getting dash over other skills though.

I also had a pirate a while back (with better gear) that did the standard no-dash build. I had a ton of trouble grinding on Roids, which are easily the best training for the lvl range. My well equipped brawler ended up doing worse than my new maxed dash one.
    If you'd used speed equips then it wouldn't have been a problem, you would have hit harder, and you wouldn't have had to keep "casting" dash! ;)

I don't know how much I can emphasize the need for speed (lol) when mobbing places like Peak or Nesties. You need the speed boost to lure effectively in order to S.Kick and boost your charge meter. However, you also can't sacrifice normal equips for speed equips while training on these monsters.
    You need speed? Speed equips to the rescue. If you read my earlier post, you can practically get full haste from literally only scrolling shoes. You lose 2 attack from that if you wanted to use FS, but you gain hundreds of millions of mesos, which you can then use to upgrade your weapon by 2 attack.

The point is that nowadays you don't have to sacrifice much to get full haste from your equips.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neothisis View Post

What's so bad about MP Recovery? The description sounds great, and really useful. Or is it like Chakra? Really slow and bad for training?
    It's alot like Chakra. If you are at a place like MP3 where enemies take 5+ hits to do any serious damage, it can be somewhat useful.
    I'd say it takes at least 2-3 seconds to fully cast, and during that time, you can't move.
    Even at lvl 104, it takes a good chunk of HP to replenish not even a full bar of MP.

When training at monsters that 2-4 hit kill you, this move actually wastes pots (if you cannot find a safe spot).
    I still only go through 50-75 MP pots (1500) in 4 hours of training, compared to over 3k HP pots (Honsters). It's just a TON easier and more effecient to just press a Pot button for MP instead.

I guess if you are truely broke at higher lvls, this move is...okay...at best. You can't use it at himes, and at other maps you need to climb up to a safe spot first.

Dash is much more useful than MP Recovery.

Because Brawler's dex is .9 acc, I would go this build 1st job:
    Max S.Kick
    Max Dash
    10 Bullet Time
    Max FF
    Then take points from MP and put them into Bullet Time.

Or, if you really are only looking long-term go:
    Max S.Kick (used for charging)
    Max Dash (used for mobbing)
    Max BT (Acc/avoid)
    10 FF (then put 1 point in later in 2nd)

Either max MP recovery, or finish FF depending on your prefrence. Each are pretty useless after 90.

Spoiler!

Really, dash is kind of useless:o
    When training to lvl 70 you will sledom use dash exept for traveling purposes. For my own pirate I relied more on screw punch / backspin to reach the enemies. after kicking a mob to death, you immediately hold down the key to charge up screw punch and unleash it on the next unlucky monster.:D
    straight is still used very frequently for non-hardcore maplers. When fighting pq bosses and the like, we still need a single hit attack. Its spamibility makes it more practical than DU too. We also have nice accuracy and avoidiblity but the more the merrier (i guess).
    In maple sea (don't know about Global), mp recovery is a fun skill as a patch reduced the lag time to around 1 second
    Feel free to agree / disagree
    any fornax players here?:confused:

Drake

Or give up BT and max it later instead of MP recovery.
    No. Mp Recovery takes less than a second to activate, and even if you can't do anything for that less than a second, it's well worth it. In use with both Drain and Blast, no MP pots go nearly to 0.

With 1 Drain and Max MP Recovery, my MP Potion count has halved.

Quote Originally Posted by tofunator View Post
    Really, dash is kind of useless:o
    When training to lvl 70 you will sledom use dash exept for traveling purposes. For my own pirate I relied more on screw punch / backspin to reach the enemies. after kicking a mob to death, you immediately hold down the key to charge up screw punch and unleash it on the next unlucky monster.:D
    straight is still used very frequently for non-hardcore maplers. When fighting pq bosses and the like, we still need a single hit attack. Its spamibility makes it more practical than DU too. We also have nice accuracy and avoidiblity but the more the merrier (i guess).
    In maple sea (don't know about Global), mp recovery is a fun skill as a patch reduced the lag time to around 1 second
    Feel free to agree / disagree
    Dash ain't useless. Along with a couple of speed/jump equip, it's Haste right their, meaning you can do what Nightlords/Shadowers do, and more.

I said it more than once:

I have 196 Acc right now. 196. With Max Energy Charge, that goes immediately to 216. The average amount of Acc needed is 126. I mistakenly maxed BT. Ditch it, get Dash.

It's alot like Chakra. If you are at a place like MP3 where enemies take 5+ hits to do any serious damage, it can be somewhat useful.
    I'd say it takes at least 2-3 seconds to fully cast, and during that time, you can't move.
    Even at lvl 104, it takes a good chunk of HP to replenish not even a full bar of MP.

When training at monsters that 2-4 hit kill you, this move actually wastes pots (if you cannot find a safe spot).
    I still only go through 50-75 MP pots (1500) in 4 hours of training, compared to over 3k HP pots (Honsters). It's just a TON easier and more effecient to just press a Pot button for MP instead.

I guess if you are truely broke at higher lvls, this move is...okay...at best. You can't use it at himes, and at other maps you need to climb up to a safe spot first.

Dash is much more useful than MP Recovery.

Because Brawler's dex is .9 acc, I would go this build 1st job:
    Max S.Kick
    Max Dash
    10 Bullet Time
    Max FF
    Then take points from MP and put them into Bullet Time.

Or, if you really are only looking long-term go:
    Max S.Kick (used for charging)
    Max Dash (used for mobbing)
    Max BT (Acc/avoid)
    10 FF (then put 1 point in later in 2nd)

Either max MP recovery, or finish FF depending on your prefrence. Each are pretty useless after 90.
    Are you kidding? MP Recovery isn't supposed to be used on it's own. You're supposed to use it in conjunction with Drain. That's what makes it easy.
    Spoiler!

Idk if you're in another version, but in GMS at least, MP recovery takes well over 1 second to use. It just isn't effective to use at a map with a heavy spawn of higher lvl monsters.

Spoiler!

Drake

I think it's great to use right after using CSB, so you have some of the invincibility frames to keep you alive, then go straight to using HP Pots/Drain.

But then again, it's all up to the player. Some people go ahead and master Oak Barrel instead.
    Spoiler!

Seriously... Dash is useless and REALLY annoying if u accidentally activate in a jump quest. Better off wasting ur point of Double Shot...

Banned

Except that all skills that would "cheat" like teleport or flash jump, and for you dash, is disabled in JQs.

Quote Originally Posted by efansay0 View Post
    Seriously... Dash is useless and REALLY annoying if u accidentally activate in a jump quest. Better off wasting ur point of Double Shot...
    I've made it to 104 with maxed dash, and have never once had the problem of activating it when I didn't mean to. I haven't even TRIED to not use it, I just never have that problem.
    Not sure where everyone is coming from with that one?
    Maybe they just suck at using a keyboard...

Anyway, no jump quests (including the CWK Jump Maps) allow any speed/teleport effects. In the maps that take some skill to get around, yet DO allow those effects, the effects are very welcome.

Spoiler!