Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
[Wind Archer] A Wind Breaker guide by SienZ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Wind Breaker guide by SienZ

Drake

At lvl 60 I carried on at Truckers for another lvl before I went to a map which is not available in GMS . So ....I'm a bit blurry in this area . You could try to get some senior Wind Archers for training suggestions ( and if you do please give me feedback to make this guide more multi-server friendly^^ ) .

BTW it took me slightly less than a week ( around 6 days i guess ? ) to hit lvl 120 . But ...do note that mapleSEA was having a massive lvling event at the time , we had an item called the welcome back ring , which is a cash item given to characters in accounts which havent been active since Jan 2009 , equiping the ring would give party members an extra 80% experience , so yea ....I kinda used that all the time from lvl 45 onwards .
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

For my wind archer, I jumped through training grounds rather quickly (and never getting less than 70% per hour)
    By 60, I had already moved to wind raiders, you can either go to lower ascent, or if that is filled, go to thunder corridor (or is it tornado? I could never get the name right). MSEA doesn't have crimsonwood, and these places are god send for training =)

I went arrow rain first, since it's a mob skill and EVEN if it's just as strong as storm break, it's range is larger and works wonders at typhons (which you can start going there at level 73~75, but will be burn thru pots) But if you did get the wind piercing instead, just add some puppet and after gathering them up, use puppet, and start firing away.

Of course you can try himes at those levels as well, since both typhons and himes give the same amount of xp, but himes do a lot more damage (1.6k roughly)
    Silly Jr. Master of Yellonde HiddenStreet

Goals:
    [x] Level 30 [x] Level 50 [x] Level 70 [x] Level 100
    [x] 1 mil [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [x] 50 mil [x] 100 mil
    [x] Zakum Helm (01/21/09) [x] Maple Soul Spear [x] 129 Accuracy

Drake

Well , I guess Arrow Rain might be better for GMS , but for MapleSEA Wind Pierce works very well on Malaysia maps , so yeah , do what you think is best for the maps available in your server.

I <3 Pooky !

Drake

Guide updated with Equipment section.

I <3 Pooky !

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    A Wind Breaker guide ~by KoClSienZ

Finally, luxury items . For people who have chosen to equip their Wind Archer nicely despite my previous advice that KOCs aren't worth investing in. Stuff like MoNs , Egged HT necks and Reverse Sets all under this category. For people who can't afford these things don't worry. I lvled my Wind Archer to lvl 120 in less than a week and my most expensive equipment at that time was my ZHelm, which is an underaverage one.
    wow, how did you manage that? o.o
    i mean, i have a 50 aran in about 2 months, but thats as fast as ive ever gone

I know. I spend 8 hrs for 2-3 levels at truckers and I have 2x exp. :(
    How do you level so fast?

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    I know. I spend 8 hrs for 2-3 levels at truckers and I have 2x exp. :(
    How do you level so fast?
    Here's some general tips that still apply :

Lower lvls aka below lvl 20 :
    Look up MapleStory quests on StrategyWiki or some other database that lists down how you complete the quest and the rewards. Look for quests that give a large chunk of EXP for a minimal amount of effort put in. Eg. Wedding photos in Boat Quay, NLC Welcome Quiz, Family NPC quests and most area boss quests like King Clang, Tae Roon, Faust, all give awesome EXP. For lvl 55~60, there is a string of quests in Nautilus, all involving clearing golems and skeletons which give good EXP as well.

Mindless grinding :
    I mean it. I admit that everytime I start grinding I can get pretty lifeless. If anyone ever paid attention to my lvling pattern in the General Discussions LVL up ranking thread. I'm always stuck at a certain lvl for like weeks or months, then all of a sudden I LVL up like 30~40 times when I become active again. The only reason why I still consider myself to have a moderate lifestyle despite playing 18+ hrs a day is that I only play like once every 2~3 weeks besides school holidays.

Other external factors which aided my Wind Breaker in LVLing which sadly cannot be used anymore.

1. I had a Welcome Back Ring Mule ( Due to an event , accounts which haven't been active since Jan 09 all received a Welcome Back Ring which gave an extra 80% EXP to party members )

2. At that time there was a bug where you could create many Windows user accounts and each could log in a different character. With 2 computers I could control all 4 members in my party ( Spammer + Leecher + Ring on one comp with HB mule on the other) .

But I believe the above 2 factors could be covered up by having many REP buffs. Family system was not out yet back then when I grinded my Wind Breaker =X

I <3 Pooky !

What is family NPC quests? Have to talk to which NPC in Lith Habour? >.<

Drake

Hmmm.....well from the left most of Lith Harbour ( on the ship ) , keep walking right til off the tip of the boat ( the long pole stick thingy) and you should see the NPC right in front of you.

Note : near the VIP cab.

I <3 Pooky !