Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 136

Thread: Low-Dex Sin Guide

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    5. Training Spots and Strategies

    These are my personal opinions on training. It is a very brief guide to give ideas on where to train. Feel free to explore other options and let me know about them.
    Training
    10-20: Caution Falling Down, Pig Beach
    20-30: Sand Rats, Scorpions, Iron Mutaes, Ant Tunnel, Evil Eyes
    30-40: Iron Mutaes, Roid Mini-Dungeon, CPQ
    40-45: CPQ, Roid Mini-Dungeon, MP3 Sniping
    45-50: CPQ, MP3 Sniping, Hoodoo/Voodoo
    50-70: Windraider, LMPQ
    70-80: Windraider, MPQ (never actually done this, but I hear it is okay exp for the lvl. At the very least, it will break up grinding)
    80-90: Newtie Sniping, begin Kent Mobbing
    90-100: Kent and Hime mobbing, Newt sniping to save money
    100-120: Hime mobbing, Newt attacking, Mob Peak with DK
    120-200: Time Temple mobbing, Skele Mini-Dungeon Parties, Newties
    Quoted to add a spot. At this point, I'd assume one would be doing around 3k per L7, so you could go to truckers(3k hp, 160 exp) for the time, probably til 50 as MP3 sniping would probably be more spaced out for sniping points; where as here you could just tear up the map as they spawn.

    They hit pretty hard, but with all your avoid you should be fine, not to mention you'd be killing them fast.

    another e: I noticed you didn't have any dex equips from earrings in your lists. ???

  2. #12
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Took you long enough, didn't it.

    Maybe put more different builds into it?
    Lol yea, I was finally bored enough to start writing one up xP.
    Yes, I'll be adding more builds, and a 120-150 skill guide list eventually. Probably after 2nite's 2x card or 2morrow afternoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    Quoted to add a spot. At this point, I'd assume one would be doing around 3k per L7, so you could go to truckers(3k hp, 160 exp) for the time, probably til 50 as MP3 sniping would probably be more spaced out for sniping points; where as here you could just tear up the map as they spawn.

    They hit pretty hard, but with all your avoid you should be fine, not to mention you'd be killing them fast.

    another e: I noticed you didn't have any dex equips from earrings in your lists. ???
    Added truckers.
    And I just noticed that, editing it now. I was wondering why my Dex numbers kept coming up short.
    I added the Agent Earrings and their Chaos scrolls. Cheap way to get GODLY earrings.


    Spoiler!



  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    A dexless sin upgrades luk, and scrolls for nothing but Luk,
    That's not completely true. Some dexless sins also scroll for Dex to increase their minimum damage.
    ZOMG IT'S ZAKUM

  4. #14
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zexalin View Post
    That's not completely true. Some dexless sins also scroll for Dex to increase their minimum damage.
    Dex does not affect the damage of Luky 7, check the formula I have in there. It's min and max is based only off W/att and Luk. The dexless sin tries to take advantage of the formula by not bothering with dex.

    Dex is however, cheaper to scroll for, and many equips cannot be scrolled for luk (Helmet, shoes, etc), so some dexless will scroll those equips for dex (although most will just do INT or HP).


    Spoiler!



  5. #15

    Default

    I stand corrected. I feel dumb now, because i read that part too, but i never actually thought about it while i was posting. Lol
    ZOMG IT'S ZAKUM

  6. #16

    Default

    wow man you must have been godly at 80. i went to kents and no KB so the just rape me for 1.2k and then i try newts and they pwn for 2099 and i miss on them a lot

  7. #17
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteluks View Post
    wow man you must have been godly at 80. i went to kents and no KB so the just rape me for 1.2k and then i try newts and they pwn for 2099 and i miss on them a lot
    I wouldn't try Newt Sniping until later on in 8x, maybe stick with Windraider until your SP is maxed.
    I think the first lvl I Newt Sniped was 81, and I just barely had enough HP.
    There's a specific way to do sniping there without ever being touched.
    In the middle of the map there are 3 small platforms just to the left of the larger middle one. Stand back on the farther platform and snipe at the newtie that spawns on the far left of the middle platform. You will only use MP pots if you do this correctly. Just Dark Site your way up there and get in place (go to the mini-dungeon if you are worried about people coming in and spawning the Nest Gollum) At low lvls, the exp was amazing. I got about .1% per Newt kill on 1x (with the OLD exp curve).

    You said you are having problems with accuracy? Since you are dexless, try buying some Accuracy Pills from Ludi (+10 Acc) and use those. Remember, these training spots are specific to Low-Dex sins, so generally a dexless will need a bit more accuracy to hit well.


    As for kents, this is what I did in early 8xs. Find a map of kents with a low-concentrated spawn. The mini-dungeon we now have would work for this. Find a group of 3-4 and lure them with avenger. Then, pick them off from a distance with L7+SP. After your Avenger is past lvl 11, you can begin to mob them in the real sense.


    Edit: If you are suprised at the damage given by higher lvl monsters, it's something you live with until 200. Unless you HP wash heavily, training after lvl 95 always means 2 hit kills. You need a pet with Auto-HP to effectively train a sin at places like Kents, Newties (not sniping), Skeles, Himes, etc. Everything that is decent exp will 2 hit kill you until very high lvls.


    Spoiler!



  8. #18
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Yes yes, Double post, but....

    Edited the 1st and 2nd job builds to include an alternative path.
    Gave an explaination of each build
    Gave an explaination of Newtie Sniping.


    Spoiler!



  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteluks View Post
    wow man you must have been godly at 80. i went to kents and no KB so the just rape me for 1.2k and then i try newts and they pwn for 2099 and i miss on them a lot
    I'm pretty sure Tesi HP washed a few times before 80; either way though, they're going to 2 hit you, so you may as well pick up an auto HP for your pet if you can.

    Personally, I stayed at WR until level 91, because I'm a cheap jerk and didn't want to buy more NX for the Auto HP function.

    Also, if you're going to [insert monster name here], make sure you're using pots that heal more than they hit; for instance, you don't want to be using Unagis at Kents, or they'll eventually rape you.

    bolt202/veil225/feint200

  10. #20
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tesi HP washed a few times before 80; either way though, they're going to 2 hit you, so you may as well pick up an auto HP for your pet if you can.

    Personally, I stayed at WR until level 91, because I'm a cheap jerk and didn't want to buy more NX for the Auto HP function.

    Also, if you're going to [insert monster name here], make sure you're using pots that heal more than they hit; for instance, you don't want to be using Unagis at Kents, or they'll eventually rape you.
    I didn't actually start resetting MP until 100, but instead scrolled a zhelm for 100 hp while I was still dexless.


    Spoiler!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •