Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Low-Dex Sin Guide

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Icon4 Low-Dex Sin Guide

Tesiqurasa's

Author's Note
    I've been on these and many other forums for a while now, and am suprised by the lack of attention or knowledge on the subject of complicated stat upgrades. Generally people will give a set build to follow, when in all reality, each build should be custom to the person using it. I hope this build on Low-Dex Sins helps answer some questions about the very popular class of Sin.
    Table of Contents
    1. What is the difference between a Low-Dex, Dexless, or Reg Dex Assassin?
    2. Reasoning behind the Low-Dex Assassin.
    3. The three "versions" of the Low-Dex Assassin.
    3a. 25-40 Base dex.
    3b. 40-60 Base dex.
    3c. 60-80 Base dex.
    4. Basic Assassin Skills and Tactics
    5. Training Spots and Strategies
    6. Bossing
    7. Equips
    8. Credits and Thanks

1. What is the Difference...
    ..between a Low-Dex, Dexless, or Regular Dex Assassin?

This may be the hardest question to answer, but also the most important. In all reality it is quite simple. A dexless sin upgrades luk, and scrolls for nothing but Luk, Attack, INT (for the Extra MP/HP washing), or HP. A low-dex sin keeps his or her base dex as low as possible while still equipping claws that require dex. A regular dex sin upgrades his or her base dex to within 10 points of the claw dex requirement.

2. Reasoning Behind the Low-Dex Assassin

A low-dex Assassin tries to take advantage of the Luky7 formula as much as possible.
    Spoiler!

You might notice that the formula does not include Dex, Str, or Mastery. This is because Luky 7 and Triple Throw are based only on Luk and Weapon Attack. Therefore, upgrading dex has no direct positive impact on damage. Dex should only be added or scrolled in order to equip higher attack claws.

Also consider that after lvl 100 5 luk is roughly equal to 1 weapon attack. This means that the luk a sin sacrifices needs to be made up in the higher lvl claw. Generally Low-Dex Night Lords will equip the Red Craven (Required dex of 140). Here's what you sacrifice when equipping this:
    Spoiler!

There is much debate about what sin is better end-game. Ideally the 25 base Sin is still better, but requires an ungodly amount of Chaos Scrolling and Mesos. Raven Claws are hard to come by, and scrolling FaceStompers for Attack can easily run you more than 2.147bil. I'm writing this guide for the realistic, yet determined low-dex sin, not the insanely funded dexless. One recent addition of the Agent Earrings allows the average mapler to Chaos earrings for Luk and Dex. I've seen several sets with 5+ luk and dex, and one with 12 dex 7 luk. Anyone can scroll these and obtain the equip, and it gives a massive boost to the low-dex sin. (they use both stats equally).

3. The Three "Versions' of the Low-Dex Assassin
    Different people will build their characters differently. Not everyone has the mesos to keep their base dex below 40 yet still equip a Craven or Sleve. I've broken the Dex build up into 3 sections. Each section has its positives and negatives, but each is somewhat 'custom' to the person using it. Pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

25-40 Base Dex
    Spoiler!

40-60 Base dex

Spoiler!

60-80 Base Dex

Spoiler!

4. Basic Assassin Skills and Tactics
    This build is designed for quick training and meant for someone who already has a decent supply of meso. If you have at least 500k, this build is fine for you.

Dex: Stay dexless until you obtain a claw 60 att or more. A dexless sin upgrades only Luk. This early build allows you to be more versatile in choosing your base dex later on.

Pre-Assassin Build
    Spoiler!

Assassin Build

Spoiler!

Hermit Build

Spoiler!

Night Lord Build
    Spoiler!

5. Training Spots and Strategies

These are my personal opinions on training. It is a very brief guide to give ideas on where to train. Feel free to explore other options and let me know about them.
    Training
    Spoiler!

6. Bossing

This section will describe the way a Hermit or NightLord could approach bossing. Bosses are some of the most challenging things in Maple to bring down, so attempt any of these at your own risk.
    Headless Horseman
    Spoiler!

7. Equips

Spoiler!

8. Credits and Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to consider using this guide. If anyone has comments to add or questions to ask, feel free to do so. I will be updating this as time goes, so go ahead and throw some more ideas my way.

Special thanks to:
    Spoiler!

All information in this guide is an original source from me, Tesiqurasa (unless stated otherwise in the guide), and is free to be shared as wanted.

Spoiler!

Drake

This is gonna be really useful for my Low Dex Nightwalker I'm gonna make.

Thanks!
    Spoiler!

Someone sticky this. Please. D:

Very good information. I'm glad there's an official place to discuss it now.
    Depressio - 8x Chief Bandit - Bera
    xTengoku - 3x Cleric - Bera
    KingofCute - 3x DEXless Assassin - Khaini
    YoumuBlade - 1x Page-to-be - Khaini

nice guide, but does this mean i should train all of my luk equips for dex??

You fail!
    Look at your banner!
    You suck as a sin! You can see your stars midair! That means you're too slow!
    Faster you noob!

Lol.
    Failjokes.

More pics less exposition.
    P.S.
    Shouldnt you also say minimum in funding needed?
    And more variety in training choice?
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Yay Tesi!!! It is here, hahaha.

Nice guide dude. It shall help immensely

anyone gonna answer my question??

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post

More pics less exposition.
    P.S.
    Shouldnt you also say minimum in funding needed?
    And more variety in training choice?
    I was having trouble with Photobucket crashing Firefox while I was writing, I'll go in and put more pics throughout the guide later once I can either make them or take the right SS. I try to use my own pics either from in-game or banned story, so it might take a while.

I do mention having at least 500k is almost a must when starting a dexless/low-dex sin, but I will go back in and mention it in the beginning, ty.

Yes, plz post more ideas or suggestions for training choices. I just gave the list that I trained (with some add-ins).

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteluks View Post
    nice guide, but does this mean i should train all of my luk equips for dex??
    No. When I define a 'pure dexless' I am talking about the dexless sin in it's most literal form. Not only does it not upgrade dex, it also doesn't scroll for it.
    Does this mean you HAVE to give away all dex equips? No. Do what will help your character with the meso you have. Having a 10 dex sauna is better than having a 0 stat sauna, even if you are going for dexlses.

Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Good job Tesi! We didn't have a guide for either thief before this. Awesome job. =D
    Not back. Front.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    im leyze
    Took you long enough, didn't it.

Maybe put more different builds into it?

bolt202/veil225/feint200