Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aran questions thread

Default Aran disussion thread

I started up an Aran character recently, and hit 2nd job so far;
    Spoiler!

Currently level 32.

Anyway, it only got released two weeks ago or so, but gMS is probably gonna get it by next year, latest.

Here are some things for you to chew on;

Comparison to warriors;
    Similarities
    Spoiler!

Differences
    Spoiler!

Among others, but I don't remember/know them.

So what's the big deal with Aran anyway?
    Quite a bit. It's a radically different playing style than the other characters are, so might take some time getting used to. I took unusually long to get to 2nd job because I didn't have any funding, and I didn't PQ at all. The +5 Def/10 combo count is very nice, especially because I used my +2 Def top/bottom until level 25. ;o Waste of pots, in hind sight.

They're much faster than warriors are, and getting high combo counts is actually really easy.
    However, if you DO want to get the event medal that +3's your stats and +50's your HP, you need a 500 combo; the easiest way to do this is to pump your DEX for a few levels, head off to somewhere difficult (like Wild Boars) with tons of HP pots, and spam Double Swing.

Another thing is that their skills are all really different from the main classes; their booster starts to add +3 to your attack speed at 13 (I think), which pretty much makes all your polearms a Fast attack speed.

I got the PG on them for the lulz, and it's pretty epic; after you hit them with the PG, they get a spikey ball above their head, and they can't do touch damage to you until it wears out. Awesome against mobs.

The skill quests are a bit of a pain, especially when you have to go to Lith Harbour and you're in Ariant. ;[ And have a level 10 polearm equipped. D:

Anyway...
    Questions, comments, etc, welcome!
    Last edited by emailbox; 10th December 2009 at 11:13 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

what do you mean by Aran?

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by wingusdingus View Post
    what do you mean by Aran?
    new class that wields polearm with ice elements and also controls animals that live in cold areas like polarbears and wolves.
    Spoiler!

oh, so its like an I/L wizard mixed with a Spearman?

Drake

Not really. They actually are based on a combo system, where if you use certain key assortments, you can use different moves.

This is a new class, bent on new techniques with a new damage formula. Just uses Warrior equipment and Polearms.
    Spoiler!

interesting, are there other new classes like this?

Drake

No, unless you count the Knights of Cygnus, which are just puffed up "upgraded" versions of certain classes.

Soul Master:Fighter
    Flame Wizard:F/P Wizard
    Striker:Brawler
    Windbreaker:Hunter
    NightWalker:Assassin
    Spoiler!

Sorry, I kinda failed my own thread by not actually answering, but yeah;
    the Aran are completely different from the KoC in that it's not an 'upgrade' of a warrior, it's a completely new class like the Pirate class.
    They do have an interlinking storyline concerning the Dark Magician, though.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    new class that wields polearm with ice elements and also controls animals that live in cold areas like polarbears and wolves.
    So this was the class with the polar bear attack.

Is there any requirements to get this class? like how you need a level 20+ for Cygnus Knights?
    by Cryopon

Nope. In kMS, they removed the req for KoC as well; when you start a new character, you get to choose if you want the normal classes, the KoC classes, or the Aran class.

2000 combo.

bolt202/veil225/feint200