Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cygnus Summer Update

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    Failed Hammer Attempts? The hammer doesn't fail. Only the scroll you use to fill the slot can fail.

And some poster above inferred that this was a Gach item. The hammer is an NX item.

I honestly don't see this as a problem. If anything, it will stem the ridiculous inflation. What are you paying for an 8Attk WG right now? It will go down. The item is what you want, so who cares if the price lowers? If the bar gets raised for the max potential of an item, then existing top tier items will fall in price. This means you get more for your meso. The market shifts toward the buyer, which is something desperately needed in GMS right now.

If you play this game just to gain mesos, you've missed the point.
    CORRECTION: you missed the point. what makes you think that people wont just add slots to they 8 att and make it 13...

still there is some good and some bad sides to this, but just have to wait and watch it play out.

Failed Hammer Attempts? The hammer doesn't fail. Only the scroll you use to fill the slot can fail.

And some poster above inferred that this was a Gach item. The hammer is an NX item.

I honestly don't see this as a problem. If anything, it will stem the ridiculous inflation. What are you paying for an 8Attk WG right now? It will go down. The item is what you want, so who cares if the price lowers? If the bar gets raised for the max potential of an item, then existing top tier items will fall in price. This means you get more for your meso. The market shifts toward the buyer, which is something desperately needed in GMS right now.

If you play this game just to gain mesos, you've missed the point.

Oh, I see where I misunderstood. Thanks for correcting me.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteluks View Post
    CORRECTION: you missed the point. what makes you think that people wont just add slots to they 8 att and make it 13...
    And what's wrong with that? If they want to spend the real world $$$ to make it better, then what's the big deal?

My only concern is that you won;t be able to tell if an item has already been hammered when you buy it. Let's say i do buy that 8att WG, if there is no indication of the Hammer being used, I am going to want to try to add 2 slots. If I can;t find out until I buy it, then a real problem arises and a whole new scam starts. I am sure they have thought of this already, but you never know.

The other thing that just occurred to me is that I would hope they make the Hammer tracking on the item-level and not a character level. It would be ridiculous if I could use 2 hammers on it, sell it, then the next guy could use 2 more. But again, I am sure this isn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

The other thing that just occurred to me is that I would hope they make the Hammer tracking on the item-level and not a character level. It would be ridiculous if I could use 2 hammers on it, sell it, then the next guy could use 2 more. But again, I am sure this isn't the case.
    why even sell it... you could just pass it around to your other characters and hammer it again.

Quote Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
    why even sell it... you could just pass it around to your other characters and hammer it again.
    now that, we know they aren't stupid enough to do, or we would have unlimited att work gloves and all that fun stuff.
    Silly Jr. Master of Yellonde HiddenStreet

Goals:
    [x] Level 30 [x] Level 50 [x] Level 70 [x] Level 100
    [x] 1 mil [x] 5 mil [x] 10 mil [x] 50 mil [x] 100 mil
    [x] Zakum Helm (01/21/09) [x] Maple Soul Spear [x] 129 Accuracy