Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OrangeGuy's (FAIL) Guide to the Perfect Dawn Warrior/Soul Master

Drake

As far as I'm concerned, maxed Driver gives THE best DPS, so I have no idea where you're getting the math from.
    Spoiler!

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    As the title implies:

If you plan on not CPQing until level 50, I say the Extreme Grinding Build.

However, if you plan on CPQing, go the normal build.
    Since when is not cpqing extream grinding?!? I can level WAY faster (almost 2x as fast) at normal hunting grounds!

If you know all the great placed to train cpq and most party quests are a waste of time.:eek:

As for driver..
    It starts at 60% damage and ends at 75% damage, so each point gives about .5% damage increase.
    Soul charge starts at 100% damage and ends at 120% boost. (not added but total) each point gives about 1% damage increase.
    1 is more than .5 right?
    Ok but soul driver also hits 4 times with .5 so it equals 2 And 2 is more tham 1 so soul dtiver is better right? NO.
    It's in % so it doesn't matter how many times it hits. Any way the 1 would also be multiplyed by 4.

So why 21? At 21 souldriver hits 7 enemys this is almost the max number you'll be hitting execpt at himes, so if you want you could (I don't recomnd) bring it up to 26 to hit the max number of monsters.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by lionheart365 View Post
    Since when is not cpqing extream grinding?!? You can probably level up twice as fast because you were GRINDING.
    I can level WAY faster (almost 2x as fast) at normal hunting grounds!
    Which is called EXTREME GRINDING.
    If you know all the great placed to train cpq and most party quests are a waste of time.:eek:

As for driver..
    It starts at 60% damage and ends at 75% damage, so each point gives about .5% damage increase.
    Soul charge starts at 100% damage and ends at 120% boost. (not added but total) each point gives about 1% damage increase.
    1 is more than .5 right?
    Ok but soul driver also hits 4 times with .5 so it equals 2 And 2 is more tham 1 so soul dtiver is better right? NO.
    It's in % so it doesn't matter how many times it hits. Any way the 1 would also be multiplyed by 4.

So why 21? At 21 souldriver hits 7 enemys this is almost the max number you'll be hitting execpt at himes, so if you want you could (I don't recomnd) bring it up to 26 to hit the max number of monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by NegiWarrior
    Maxed driver does 75% damage.

That's not the same as level 21 driver (66% damage) with level 9 charge (109% damage), which comes out to be 71.94% damage (percents are multiplicative, not additive).
    Believe me, I know what I'm doing.
    Spoiler!

grinding is usually slow leveling... just misunderstood you.:p

also, most guides say leave driver at 21 until you have max soul charge.
    Remember, it also gives a 25% holy elemental bonus! very good at himes.

if your fighting undead/evil type you need to max soul charge before driver (get driver to 21 first). Undead/evil training spots include: black kents, elder wraith, himes.
    also, soul charge effects ALL your skills, not just driver.

doesn't really matter though, as long as the outcome is something like this:
    all 2nd job skills maxed (search "final attack with brandish" on youtube if your one of those people who don't like FA... don't know the web address but its the one with the guy bossing the Teddy bear)

max soul charge, max soul driver, max both combo attacks, max brandish, and the other points don't really matter. I recommend using them to finish mastering all the 2nd job stuff.

Drake

Oh. Crap. I completely forgot about Himes, because I played KMS. Sorry for doubting you. When I have time, I'll add the alternative build.
    Spoiler!

Icon4

Your right about it though. I'm gonna put 2 3rd job builds in now. Thy.

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Erm, I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't include that thing about 20 Blessing of the Sprite in your DEX Section... I know that the section is mainly just some small throw-around things because you linked to Negi's guide, but really... basically nobody has a level 200 mule to make a CK with, right, so you shouldn't be saying "oh yeah, and 20 Blessing gets you 20 attack" cause nobody will really have that! Heh.

Just my two cents on the matter though.
    Not back. Front.

Drake

Oh, I guess I didn't specify that that was a maximum. A lot to change.
    Spoiler!

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

I don't mean to offend OrangeGuy or Lionheart365, because both guides are pretty insightful, but are you absolutely certain about the training spots you mentioned? I kept a list of the ones for 40-50 that were listed in both guides and both either hit too hard or took too many hits to kill.

I ended up mass-CPQing (good side: turns out I'm a coin magnet when I average 3-5 coins a run)
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

@lionheart: your numbers is way of.. soul driver begins at 46% dmg which means you get ~0.966...% and not 0.5%.

@training grounds...

25-33: scorpions
    or begin CPQ at lvl 30
    30(33)-50: CPQ
    50-55: roids is very very good if you dont get a party for CPQ2
    50-64: CPQ2 (if you have a maple weapon at 64 you get loads of accuracy which mean you will get lvls extremly fast at wind raiders
    64-74: wind raiders
    74-8x(because im 76 so i dont know how long i will stay there): TWISTED JESTER! i get 60%/h there if im alone in the map (map through Haunted House Chimney)
    at 90 i would say himes, i will go there anyways