Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
OrangeGuy's (FAIL) Guide to the Perfect Dawn Warrior/Soul Master
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OrangeGuy's (FAIL) Guide to the Perfect Dawn Warrior/Soul Master

Drake

Default OrangeGuy's (FAIL) Guide to the Perfect Dawn Warrior/Soul Master

When Soul Masters first were released in KMS, along with all the other Knights of Cygnus, I decided to pick being a Soul Master because at the time, I already had an Assassin, I/L Wizard, Brawler, and a (noob) Hunter. Why not trying a new job thats overpowered? Moar plz.

Table of Contents

How to become a Soul Master/Dawn Warrior
    First Job Skill Builds
    Second Job Skill Builds
    Third Job Skill Builds
    DEX Capping
    Training Spots

How to become a Soul Master

The Noblesse part of being a Cygnus is quite boring and easy. Just attack the tiny monsters, and bring back spoils to the quest people. Once you level up to 10, go to Nineheart.

Once you talk to him, you will realize that there are five new quests available for you, each from Irina, Ikarut, Mihile, Oz, and Hawkeye. If you want to be a Soul Master, talk to Mihile. If not, GTFO from this guide.

Anyways, keep talking to Mihile and then, you will advance.

Soul Master 1st Job Skill Builds

Build for People that level at a Normal, Moderate Rate

Spoiler!

RESULT: MAX Improving Max HP Increase, MAX Slash Blast, MAX Power Strike, 11 Soul

This build is for the people like me, that don't level up extremely quick, and enjoy leveling at a slower pace. Soul isn't really important to master, as its damage sucks a lot. I'm not even kidding. Its addition to DPS is extremely minimal. For an easier time to level 100, where you get your end-game 1 v 1 move, Power Strike is better to master. Of course in this build, you can add more Soul in the beginning to get a feel of a summon, like I did.

Build for Extremely Fast Levels that Want Supreme Maximum DPS

Spoiler!

RESULT: MAX Improving Max HP Increase, MAX Slash Blast, 11 Power Strike, MAX Soul

Same as the first build, only you max Soul and not Power Strike. 20 Soul still doesn't do that high damage, but its better than the damage at 11 Soul. You can switch around Power Strike with Slash Blast if you want. You should only really pick this build if you can level 1-120 at a super speed, which usually means leech.

Orange's Personal Notes on First Job:
    Early Soul is actually kind of useful. Instead of the builds above, I add 11 Soul right after Slash Blast. At earlier levels Soul is a life saver, and is great for eliminating tiny enemies that aren't worth wasting your MP. Personally, I think that the first build is more useful than in the second build because as I already stated, Max Soul isn't as useful as Max Power Strike. Soul becomes obsolete at 2nd Job.

Soul Master 2nd Job Skill Builds

Normal, Mastery First, Max Final Attack

Spoiler!

RESULT: MAX Mastery, MAX Final Attack, MAX Soul Blade, MAX Soul Rush, MAX Rage, 11 Booster

This build is iffy, as you get only half the duration of the Booster than a normal Fighter would get at the end of 2nd Job. However, there are lots of good things too. First of all, an early maxed Rush gives you a nice boost, and with a Jump added to it, you'll be traveling quicker than the average Warrior. Also, since you Max Soul Blade before Final Attack, you don't have to worry about the Slash Blast nerf with Final Attack, as Soul Blade doesn't get affected by Final Attack. Final Attack is there to boost Power Strike's efficiency. A better idea would be to max Final Attack a little earlier, as FA is only then used for 30 levels. *NOTE* Final Attack works with Brandish. According to calculations, it RAISES DPS but its very minimal.

Extreme Grinding Build: Fast Levelers, Max Booster *NOTE* Only do this build if you didn't Max Soul at First Job. Even if you didn't, you can take the first build.

Spoiler!

This is, once again, for those that want to maintain perfect DPS. As Final Attack actually lowers Brandishes full potential by a tiny bit, this is for those elite, quick leveling builds, hoping for an even higher DPS with maxed Booster, and maxed Soul for extra damage. Personally, this isn't really worth it, and Final Attack with Brandish makes a Soul Master unique.

Orange's Personal Notes on Second Job:
    There are 3 major differences from Fighters and 2nd Job Soul Masters. The first, and most important, is the fact that we get a ranged mob move, Soul Blade. Not only does this open up more easier maps to train at, but it gives you a more powerful alternative compared to Slash Blast. This is necessary in order to cancel the major damage nerf on Slash Blast from Final Attack. Another important change is the fact that Final Attack is now an Active Buff, meaning you can control when to activate it. This is good for leaving it off at times using Slash Blast, and good for leaving it active for bosses and after you have Max Soul Blade. The final difference is the fact that we get Soul Rush, a great way to travel, making Soul Master one of the most powerful 2nd Jobs there is.

Please note, Soul is never mandatory. You don't really ever use it now.

Soul Master 3rd Job Skill Build

*Note: You get Brandish at the level 100 and Advanced Combo at level 110 by defeating fake bosses. You also get only 5 AP from now on.

Standard Build

Spoiler!

RESULT: MAX Soul Driver, MAX Combo Attack, MAX Soul Charge, MAX Brandish, MAX Coma, MAX Advanced Combo Attack, 11 Panic

Early Hime Build

Spoiler!

If you made it all the way to the big 120, I salute you sir. The reason I go for Max Soul Driver is because of its HUGE range and because it attacks up to 8 monsters. 300% damage on 8 monsters with an AoE attack? Yes please. Also, Soul Charge has been PROVEN by KMS Soul Masters to have a Holy Element, proving it to be extremely useful at monsters like Skelegons. At the end, I end up maxing Coma instead of Panic because it's a mob move, but of course, its all up to you.

Orange's Personal Notes on 3rd Job:
    3rd Job is still overpowered as hell. Soul Driver? It's range is nearly on par as the 4th Job Mage Ultimates. The only thing that would make Soul Masters have lower efficiency compared to their counterparts is the fact that they lack Rush and Stance. Otherwise, they have their combo moves, and a Holy Element to boost. Unnerfed Brandish also says hi. Also, the second build is essentially the same thing, but as Soul Charge has been PROVEN to be partially holy element, it is also a good idea to master it before finishing Soul Driver to have full potential at Himes and other Holy Weak monsters.

You can of course switch around the order of Charge, Driver, and Combo, but the builds I posted seems to be the most efficient for leveling.

Soul Master Dex?

As nearly all the Warrior guides say, Lexy's Guide to Capping Dex is where I would point you to. However, Soul Master's have it easier, as they can get up to 20 Acc just from Blessing of the Sprite. Don't forget to use Sniper Pills, and scroll your Zak Helm as well. A Soul Master with moderate scrolled equipment can easily cap their DEX at 4 and hit everything they need to hit.

Of course, if you want to scroll PACs and Face Stompers for Attack, you can always raise your base DEX. The highest amount of DEX a Soul Master should have is 30. Anything above that will hinder your damage, and will be useless for further on.

Unfunded people can do this easily as well. Once you have enough money, using Lexy's Guide for Making Money, you can scroll Overalls with 100%s for an easy 8 Acc, and also use Acc gloves instead of Attack gloves.

Training Spots

I was going to assume that Merciless was eventually gonna update his post, but I was wrong. So, without further ado, training spots!

1-10: Do all the freaking Quests. Free levels right there.
    11-13: Do all the freaking Quests. Free levels right there.

From here, it becomes a clear divide from FUNDED+HIGH BLESSING to UNFUNDED+LOW BLESSING. I'll post both.

FUNDED+HIGH BLESSING
    14-20: Zombie Mushroom Mini Dungeon
    21-24: Sand Rats
    25-31: Scorpions
    32-40: CPQ or Magatia Sniping Spots
    41-55: C-1/C-2, Roid Mini Dungeon *Also, FoG Party Training isn't that bad.
    56-70: Windraiders? I'm not sure, I don't play GMS. Need more help around here.
    71-85: Gobies and Bonefish are free butt secks
    86-90: This is more of a KMS thing, but Kents are good exp.

UNFUNDED+LOW BLESSING
    14-18: Do the quests, plus Pig Mini Dungeon
    19-24: Zombie Mushroom Mini Dungeon
    25-35: Sand Rats/Scorpions
    36-50: CPQ
    51-65: C-1/C-2, Roid MiniDungeon
    66-80: Windraiders
    81-90: Gobies and Bonefish

Help needed for 90+.

Critics are welcome!
    Spoiler!

Drake

No comments. :'(
    Spoiler!

Can has skill descript and piccys to maek it look goodsies

What do you mean 5 AP from now on?
    Wasnt it ALWAYS 5AP per level? =_=
    Skill points typo?
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    Can has skill descript and piccys to maek it look goodsies

What do you mean 5 AP from now on? 70+ you only get 5 AP
    Wasnt it ALWAYS 5AP per level? =_= Cygnuses get 6 AP
    Skill points typo?Where?
    Piccys and skill descriptions on the way.
    Spoiler!

Drake

Before lvl 70 KoCs get 6 AP per lvl .

One query :
    IMO you get Soul Blade a bit late . Most Soul Masters I've met have been dominating CPQ as early as lvl 35 as they went Soul Blade 1st , thoughts ?

And I'm curious how maxed Soul Sprite gives you max DPS . I'm pretty sure the damage it gives is insignificant .

EDIT : LOL we posted at the same time .
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Before lvl 70 KoCs get 6 AP per lvl .

One query :
    IMO you get Soul Blade a bit late . Most Soul Masters I've met have been dominating CPQ as early as lvl 35 as they went Soul Blade 1st , thoughts ?

And I'm curious how maxed Soul Sprite gives you max DPS . I'm pretty sure the damage it gives is insignificant .

EDIT : LOL we posted at the same time .
    Although Soul Blade is nice in CPQ, if you are a person like Tesi, and go straight to grinding, Soul Rush is a great asset.

As I said in the guide, it isn't really done yet. I'm going to add more builds and some pics later on.
    Spoiler!

Use spoiler tags for the builds, it's a pain to scroll down. =]
    Otherwise, a useful guide.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

you forgot to mention that FA stacks with brandish now.
    option to turn it on/off makes it much more usable now:D
    any fornax players here?:confused:

It can be turned on or OFF?!
    How?!
    Only for Dawn Warriors or for all?!
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

http://www.maplewiki.net/index.php?t...or/Soul_Master

found this, not too sure if its 100% accurate (i have my doubts)