Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes of Newerth

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    I have 3 beta keys to give away if anyone is interested in any.
    I would be interested in one for a friend of mine that's a Dota addict. I played a bit earlier and got my ass handed to me.

@pyrofyr

i would like one as well thanks

Could some send me one please? :)
    Hewwo People

Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Straight as a Daos

That's how I had got mine, easy to get one that way.

I sent to everyone who asked though. Still haven't played this game even though it's installed. I'm scared to jump in a game and be called a newb because I never played DotA so I don't know the first thing about the genre.
    Gone with the wind

There are Noob Only servers all over the place where you can get over the learning curb. If you can find anybody that's willing to teach you the basics, all the better.

As a warning, a lot of noob-only game have uber players some times. They like to get their rating up but stomping noobs.

Also, to get a game for yourself alone, go to Create Game, and check Private Game at the bottom. You can also add options like All Heroes and Easy Mode [like I recommend] which will allow you to select from both factions and will earn you money quicker to experiment with items.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

~bump
    i just got a beta key and im going to try out this style of gameplay. I played dota a few times but never actually "played" it, mostly fooled around. I think im gonna give this game a good go since I need something new, anyone play this?

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

I do not approve of this game anymore. They charge to play.
    Also there's no point in trying to win games anymore, since there's no sort of point system and leavers can join games whenever they want.

League of Legends is better, they start you off with a couple basic heroes, then they let you buy more with the online point system.
    Winning gets you more points than losing, and the longer the game, the more points you get.
    Also leavers get a permanent LEAVER tag and get their points and exp decreased significantly.
    Also when you level up you can get a little boost with mastery and runes.
    The only thing I don't like is that seasoned pros who buy expensive and overpowered heroes can get matched with newbies with starter heroes.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Somehow, I do find HoN really fun and addictive, and I don't quite care about their Public Score Rating (PSR) system.

Anybody who played the game can add me: JonLoh, and probably we can start a HS clan in it? haha :D
    What to put here geh~

Immortal with devo.

BTW I play this game alot. I am the prosauce
    Mudkip 66 Lann