Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
My Fail-ish guide to a blaze wizard. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fail-ish guide to a blaze wizard.

About your first job build.

Unless you want to KPQ, you don't need Magic Guard that early. You'll be fine just maxing Claw, then Flame, then MG, as I am.

The only thing I even get 2hko'd by is the mirror ghost at Psycho Jacks. Which, by the way, are great exp levels 20-25. You won't be able to hit them 100% in the early 20s, but they're still great.

Except for PQing/bossing, I didn't use MG consistently until 4th job on my bishop... On a mage, I'd use it a bit earlier, like (obviously) at Kents, but you certainly don't need it when you're getting hit for 100 or less damage at any training spot, even with crap defense.

Anyway, doesn't matter much in the long run. You'd do fine with max Claw then MG then Flame, and you could still KPQ by like, 23?

Also... The BW Job Instructor, Oz, is a guy. o_O

EDIT: I like your AP builds, lol. I wonder if I should give away the joke to the noobs, but they probably wouldn't read this far down, anyway.
    Spoiler!

DivinePingas

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Also... The BW Job Instructor, Oz, is a guy. o_O
    ...I'm sorry, what the ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    About your first job build.

Unless you want to KPQ, you don't need Magic Guard that early. You'll be fine just maxing Claw, then Flame, then MG, as I am.

The only thing I even get 2hko'd by is the mirror ghost at Psycho Jacks. Which, by the way, are great exp levels 20-25. You won't be able to hit them 100% in the early 20s, but they're still great.

Except for PQing/bossing, I didn't use MG consistently until 4th job on my bishop... On a mage, I'd use it a bit earlier, like (obviously) at Kents, but you certainly don't need it when you're getting hit for 100 or less damage at any training spot, even with crap defense.
    Regarding the magic guard... As a cleric, you're probobally spamming heal, a lot, so you're of course not going to care as much about taking HP damage. But, as a wizard/mage, you get a lot more MP regen/hour than you ever will HP regen... At the very least, you're saving money. At 58 fire/poison wizard I regen 95/tick MP, which is is at least 20k MP an hour, whereas, even using the beginner recovery ability, if I'm hunting constantly for that hour, I won't recover more than a thousand HP. Where I hunt, I get hit for just over a hundred damage a hit, and usually get hit once every seven seconds, which is about 515 times an hour (60 minutes * 60 seconds all divided by seven)... Should I spend the money on the 51,500 HP in potions, or divide it up with 10,300 damage in HP potions, 41,200 in MP damage, that odds are good was covered somewhat by that 95 MP I'm getting every ten seconds?

Abbotsford and Surrey, BC, in Canada, in an Igloo

[QUOTE=iDoomWhite;685286]Note: This is my first guide, if it sucks no harsh comments plz.

OMG TOOK 2 DAYS I AM NOOB. Hi, I am making a guide for blaze wizard if you hadn't noticed already(R34d 71713 p10x). Since the AP build is pretty easy, I'll get it out right now.

Lukless: Self-Explanatory, 4 str 2 dex DUH

Low Luk: Keep your Luk between 5-2 below your level.

Regular Luk: Click Auto-Assign.

Since that's thats out of the way, here is the table of contents:

1. How to be teh "OMG i r so pro signis niyte!"
    2. Training Grounds
    3. First Job Info, Skill build
    4. Second Job Info, Skill build
    5. 3rd Job Info, Skill build
    6. Bibliography.

So, Becoming a Cygnus Knight!

Spoiler!

Training Grounds

Spoiler!

Gratz your at level 30!

Spoiler!

OMG no life! lol JK gratz on 70!

Spoiler!
    QUOTE]

I dont like how you suggest going to Ariant to fight sand moles, which give 55 xp, when you could kill ligators for cheaper and more XP(60)

Quote Originally Posted by maplemanluvr View Post

I dont like how you suggest going to Ariant to fight sand moles, which give 55 xp, when you could kill ligators for cheaper and more XP(60)
    Sand mole = Better mob. Also, your fire thingy is pretty good dmg at that level.

They see me trollin'

They hatin

They knowin that they just gon' be cryin' mercy.

There's a concept called experience per hour, which is a tad bit more important than experience per kill. I recently visited Ariant for the first time, and I wish I could have trained on sand moles, because the experience per hour would have nearly doubled that of Ligators. The reason? Even though they're less experience per kill, you spend less time not killing. There's a map with nothing but sand moles, and you don't have to go climbing and jumping all over the map to kill them. Just back and forth, over and over. You remove about twenty minutes of travel time per hour if you're not teleporting, and ten if you are, in which case you're wasting a ton of money on MP potions you could easily save on sand moles.

Though, I don't know how heavily contested sand moles are. I visited them looking to pick up some ores for the alchemy cape, and was suprised how fast-paced the kills were, so I'm willing to bet a good deal of people would train on them during normal hours.

[EDIT]:I mean sand rats.

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarino View Post
    Though, I don't know how heavily contested sand moles are. I visited them looking to pick up some ores for the alchemy cape, and was suprised how fast-paced the kills were, so I'm willing to bet a good deal of people would train on them during normal hours.
    There's a mini-dungeon with Sand Rats (I assume that's what you mean by Sand Moles) so there should be no contestation for them. You're right though, Sand Rats have excellent mobs and are easier to kill. For instance, all the maps with Ligators have Jr. Neckis on them. At some point you'll have to kill Jr. Neckis because of spawn rates. They'll be difficult-ish to hit at the level you'd be hunting this.

I got 85% in a 2 person party in 30 mins in the Sand Rat MD on my warrior at level 26. Sand Rats are better than Ligators.

Abbotsford and Surrey, BC, in Canada, in an Igloo

Great XP from the Cold Eyes. I've leveled up every hour, and on the 2X Xp events on Fiday and Saturday I leveled up twice in half an hour and made 800k in mesos and drops(Red Distinction X2, Pink Conehat X5, Dark Advrice X2 lolz!) Sold both of the claws after I made the 800k for 1 mil each to level 79 Hermit and a 65 assassin. Yehas!

Great XP from the Cold Eyes. I've leveled up every hour, and on the 2X Xp events on Fiday and Saturday I leveled up twice in half an hour and made 800k in mesos and drops(Red Distinction X2, Pink Conehat X5, Dark Advrice X2 lolz!) Sold both of the claws after I made the 800k for 1 mil each to level 79 Hermit and a 65 assassin. Yehas!
    I need some serious work on my guide, since i havent been on in a long time.
    Cold eyes are great for blaze wizard, magic claw is fire-based.

They see me trollin'

They hatin

Any one have more tips? I need more because im lazy, so i can do it in bulk.

They see me trollin'

They hatin