Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capping DEX for a Bandit

Default Capping DEX for a Bandit

Currently I have 90 DEX with these DEX equips:
    Speig Necklace (+1 DEX)
    Zhelm (+15 DEX)
    Broken Glasses (+1 DEX)
    6atk Blue WG (+2 DEX)

Being the poor person I am after buying a Zhelm (30m left) I'm thinking of capping my DEX at 100 but I'm wondering what is the absolute most DEX I should cap at without my damage being extremely below average? Some advice on a final weapon and how I could improve my equips with the little money I have would help too D:

Thanks in advance~
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Now, this could be completely wrong and only so applicable to sins but I think the same basic ideas apply. I'm not sure how dex affects the dmg formula for dits but this:

Basically, 100 is the highest you should cap your dex and not have completely fail dmg. To decide what to cap at look at what you want your end-game wep to be. How much dex does it take to use? Now take how much dex you get from equips from that and you'll have your cap.

Also, get in the market to either a) make a good pair of dex boots or b) buy a good pair of dex boots. Of course dex BSS will run several tens of millions as soon as you get up to 5+ dex. A cheaper alternative is to look for regular thief boots that start with dex (most also have luk, which is a nice bonus) and start scrolling them.

Oh, and when you say cap are you talking about base or total? I'm talking about base dex when I say cap.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Considering you already have a decent set of dex equips at lvl 50, I would stick with a well-scrolled lvl 50 weapon (or maple weapon) until you finish out with more dex equips. This will save you any AP resets later on.

You could grab a dex overall, jump/dex snowshoes, a PaC scrolled with dex...etc.
    Remember, Maple Warrior is affected by your base stat, so the higher base luk you have at later lvls, the better. +10% of your base luk after 120 or so can add MASSIVE damage changes.

Spoiler!

So out of all those equips, can you list them from top priority to least?
    Also should I focus on getting Lv60 gear or a DEX overall?
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Banned

The amount of capping your dex depends on which weapon you're gonna use as a final weapon, and how funded you are.

If you're going, for example, to use a Dragon's tail and you have 90 base dex, you'll need 30 from equips to use it. 40 for a Varkit, 50 for blood dagger, and so on.

If you don't get enough dex from equips to use it, you'll need to add more to your base dex. But as that guy said a few posts above me - don't ever pass 100 dex if you want decent damage.

Lastly, using an overall would be less benefical than using a top and a bottom. It depends if you're going to take advantage of the dex bottoms give since you can't scroll them for luk anyway.

I was wondering about using a DEX overall until 80, then switching to a LUK top DEX bottom
    That would work out pretty well, if only I wouldn't burn all my money once I get my advancement
    D:
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    I was wondering about using a DEX overall until 80, then switching to a LUK top DEX bottom
    That would work out pretty well, if only I wouldn't burn all my money once I get my advancement
    D:
    I never did when I was around your level. I believe working on your gear is more important when you're at least 70+. Until like 80 my top and bottom were both clean. o-O

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Top/Bottom is very cheap in comparison to the overall, but harder to find. Grab a 10+dex low lvl bottom, and a 15+ luk higher lvl top. These will cost around 100m total, it isn't very expensive.
    MTS is a nice bet if you can't find one in the FM, although you shouldn't have any trouble in bera.

For order of importance:

Dex Pac: This adds direct damage to you, not just additional dex to use at later lvls. Try to grab a cheap 2 att and self scroll with 60%s. Getting a 6-10 dex pac with this method is simple. A 2 att 10 dex pac adds roughly the same as a 4 att pac, so it can be very helpful.

Dex Shoes: Try to get 1 30% to work, then finish with 60s. If you have the base dex to do so, use higher lvl shoes, otherwise, use a SnowShoe/FS of some kind.

Next, Dep Star: In the next section I'll explain why this otherwise not cost effective equip should be equipped first.

Top/Bottom: This needs to be last because you want them to be as high lvl equips as possible. If your cape/shoes add dex, you can get higher lvl top/bottoms. Try to equip a 25+ bottom and 80+ top. On my NL, I used a 22 luk 2 dex Red Pirate top for quite a long time, and it cost about 80m.
    Now, this might SEEM expensive, but it still let me wear a bottom. I used a 13 dex lvl 25 bottom at first, then my friend lent me a 17 dex lvl 30 bottom.
    This gave me +37-41 stats for 110m. If I tried to do 37 stats with an overall, it would easily cost 4x that much.

Finally, once you have everything you need, equip the weapon. (you need to start looking for it early on so you know what to cap at).

Spoiler!

Banned

Yes I agree about the *harder to find* thing. Took me so long to finally get a 10 dex bottom with 4 luk(which I had to scroll myself and look for weeks for 100% bottom dex scrolls cuz I didn't want to take a risk with dark scrolls and also cuz I couldn't find scrolled ones =/). The top was easier to get, but the one I bought had like 3 slots left so I had to finish it myself. =/

Yeah, Overall is easier to find but stat-wise, it's less efficient. Also, in my opinion, saunas look pretty... bad. =/ *my opinion* there is a lvl 100 thief overall though that looks cooler =)

You can keep your dex capped at 90, or raise to 100 max as everyone has already said. My dex is capped at 90, and I'm wearing a Blood Dagger (140 dex requirement) with dex equips. Oh and my zhelm is below avg (14 dex).

A Zhelm along with a dep star/MoN, dex earrings, dex shoes, dex cape. My bottom isnt even scrolled. Getting dex seems difficult on paper, but once you get a few good equips its not all that bad. I would suggest getting dex bottoms though because I'm wearing a 14 dex icarus, preventing me from getting a PAC with some attack boost. It also helps a lot because it allows you to get a luk boosting top, even if you just wear a clean one for a while. Dark Pirate tops give like +5 luk clean.

And @ Zodiax - Yea theres that level 100 thief overall, but you're gonna need a ton of dex equips just to wear that. If you've got enough dex to get a level 100 equip on without your overall, then you probably dont need a dex overall.. unless you're trying to wear the lvl 110 or Timeless or Reverse weapons.
    Bera
    CloseCombatX - level 140 Shadower [dead]