Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleStory Must Die

Banned

Makes me wonder if he's actually gotten passed level 12. I have to agree with clockwork. Mages, Pages, Hermits, and various other classes have ways of getting through mobs without taking lots of damage and getting around faster.

"HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING HE THINKS IS STUPID! We should all be ashamed for playing a "broken" game."

Who cares what the graphics look like? I personally like them, and he didn't even say anything about the really good music. And I enjoy the combat system, I really don't know why this guy has a knot in his panties. I sorta agree with his player base opinion, but even then I meet plenty of decent players.

Pretty biased review to be honest. The games not perfect but people wouldn't play it if it was as horrible as he says it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I wonder what other MMO he's comparing this to. Last I checked this is true for almost all MMOs. And some are worse than Maplestory. Anyway, after having actually read the article I have to laugh because this guy is very ignorant.

HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING HE THINKS IS STUPID! We should all be ashamed for playing a "broken" game. :rolleyes:

-Sigh- Most MMOs have bad communities, but none as bad as Maple, and the communities from the different games are VERY different. This is coming from someone who has played just about every MMO out right now to a decent level. MapleStory tends to be filled with 13yo *******s who KS for fun and have no skill in the game but like to be flamboyant for no reason.
    Ragnarok on the other hand doesn't have *******s but is polluted by BRs. WoW is full of addict-***gots who only actually gain e-peen by grinding hardar to get moar equips and when they do they get uber teh happy.

Every game has a different 'type' of community, most of them are bad, very few are good, but they are all different, and MapleStory has been called the worst for a LONG time because while you can find some people who are actually worth something, the whole point of the game is that there isn't enough content and too many players, and even when they try and remedy it they up the new content thus having the same problem so it's always 'fight to survive, don't make friends, you don't have time to waste sharing this map', so people fight instead, KS, do what it takes to get what THEY want and don't give two ****s about others, even though they're probably decent people, they're 13 and don't understand the concept of properly sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by XeKia View Post
    Makes me wonder if he's actually gotten passed level 12. I have to agree with clockwork. Mages, Pages, Hermits, and various other classes have ways of getting through mobs without taking lots of damage and getting around faster.

"HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING HE THINKS IS STUPID! We should all be ashamed for playing a "broken" game."

Who cares what the graphics look like? I personally like them, and he didn't even say anything about the really good music. And I enjoy the combat system, I really don't know why this guy has a knot in his panties. I sorta agree with his player base opinion, but even then I meet plenty of decent players.

Pretty biased review to be honest. The games not perfect but people wouldn't play it if it was as horrible as he says it is.
    Makes me wonder if YOU'VE gotten past level 20.

The fact that it took you a while to find DECENT people is a problem. When I played back in 2005 this wasn't a big problem, I started ASAP when it came out, I made 4 friends before getting to level 3, we played together for almost a year, and we still talk (most of us) all the time. It was easy for me to make friends, no problem. Right around the time guilds came around, 3rd job and all that ****, the drama started kicking up HARD. The market was all of a sudden 'unreachable' as you couldn't simply GRIND to get a 26million for that 'godly' weapon, now it was '300mil' for a godly level 60 weapon which is an unheard of amount of money at that level (or was at the time), training areas become scarce due to booms in population and new jobs meaning people restarting characters and attempting to grind fast, buying off training areas (the proper and polite way to do it) and KSing if people aren't selling (the rude little 13yo ****hat way to do it). Around this time (4~6 months into the game) it started straining a bit. After about a year MapleStory just flipped, all the good people left, all the ****s stayed, hacking was worse than before still not punished unless you did something truly outrageous, and everyone was just stupid.

In fact, if you still want proof of how stupid Maplers are just go to Sleepywood. This fact has never changed, going there for about 5 minutes you will realize how most Maplers are 13yo azn kids who think they're awesome because "ASIAN IS COOL ON INTERNET!!!", and have their little grungy themes, dressed up character full of their parents money because they can't get a job, and pix of them being in Cali bcuz evry1cool lives in cali.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    What's that supposed to mean.

His signature says he's level 48.

In Bellocan.

lolocan.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

What's that supposed to mean.
    It means that your assessment of this game is from the standpoint of either a 13yo that fits the description set forth previously, or someone who hasn't played long enough to run into the stupidity of the community (someone clearly at a ridiculously low level).
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post
    His signature says he's level 48.

In Bellocan.

lolocan.
    He must have been very lucky then, because MapleStory is full of loltrolls, then again it's lolocan...

--
    Read my previous post, I updated it, maybe now you'll understand XeKia.
    Gone with the wind

Banned

I've had many characters, I started my page 2 weeks ago.
    Learn to read, I've met plenty of stupid people. Not everyone is a moron.

-sigh-. Yeah, you're right. I can't deny that, but I have made friends. Who fights over a training spot, well apparently half the game. I've always tried to make the most out of the game and be mature, and it can happen if you make friends with the right people. It just takes a while.

I've stated this, perhaps you should learn to read.

Then again, if you could read, or properly understand how bad the community is, you would have quit already.

And don't try none of that "It got better" bull****, I log on every month so that I'm SURE it's that bad. I go to the first map I find that's trainable on at my level, and within 10 minutes I'm just about always KSed or told to "cc"
    Gone with the wind

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

-Sigh- Most MMOs have bad communities ... [truth here] ... they're 13 and don't understand the concept of properly sharing.
    I agree with you, actually. Now that I consider it more I would have to say comparing one game's community to another's is kinda ... dumb. They're different, like you said. I think the fact of Maple's bad community is that it has the general badness associated with online games plus the majority of players are little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr
    do what it takes to get what THEY want and don't give two ****s about others, even though they're probably decent people,
    Unfortunately, this is human nature and thus could be applied to almost anything. Age doesn't matter, almost everyone is out for themselves in some way and don't care too much about others. Especially when it comes to some sort of competition, which is all Maplestory is, really. :/

Banned

I've stated this, perhaps you should learn to read.

Then again, if you could read, or properly understand how bad the community is, you would have quit already.

And don't try none of that "It got better" bull****, I log on every month so that I'm SURE it's that bad. I go to the first map I find that's trainable on at my level, and within 10 minutes I'm just about always KSed or told to "cc"
    I didn't say it's gotten better. I suppose you play in Scania right? I find plenty of open FoG maps and on my crusader in Bello I never really had a hard time getting a party of friends to go try a Papulatus run. And yea I have met a lot of jackass KSers like that in places like himes and skeles. I'm just saying not EVERYONE is like that, I don't see why you have to approach this with such hate. It's just a game. I've had plenty of fun times with the friends I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I agree with you, actually. Now that I consider it more I would have to say comparing one game's community to another's is kinda ... dumb. They're different, like you said. I think the fact of Maple's bad community is that it has the general badness associated with online games plus the majority of players are little kids.

Unfortunately, this is human nature and thus could be applied to almost anything. Age doesn't matter, almost everyone is out for themselves in some way and don't care too much about others. Especially when it comes to some sort of competition, which is all Maplestory is, really. :/

That's not always true, it's easy to believe it's human nature but it's more like brainwashing due to the the way the world currently works. Helping each other not only makes things easier but is actually the way most 'decent' humans think.
    I didn't say it's gotten better. I suppose you play in Scania right? I find plenty of open FoG maps and on my crusader in Bello I never really had a hard time getting a party of friends to go try a Papulatus run. And yea I have met a lot of jackass KSers like that in places like himes and skeles. I'm just saying not EVERYONE is like that, I don't see why you have to approach this with such hate. It's just a game. I've had plenty of fun times with the friends I've made.
    I never said EVERYONE is, however the MAJORITY of the COMMUNITY, IS LIKE THAT.

Yes I approach it with such hate, because people just dont understand, it might be 'just a game' but this game is fully of violent retarded 13yo racist hatefilled bigots who will grow up and end up being the next kid shooting a school or killing his friend because "It was his spot, and he saw it first".
    Gone with the wind