Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 252

Thread: MapleStory Must Die

  1. #21
    Moe Moe Kyun~ ♥ CDFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XeKia View Post
    I didn't say it's gotten better. I suppose you play in Scania right? I find plenty of open FoG maps and on my crusader in Bello I never really had a hard time getting a party of friends to go try a Papulatus run. And yea I have met a lot of jackass KSers like that in places like himes and skeles. I'm just saying not EVERYONE is like that, I don't see why you have to approach this with such hate. It's just a game. I've had plenty of fun times with the friends I've made.
    You're in Lolocan, where nobody else is.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

    Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

    ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

  2. #22
    ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ不朽的神皇春卷 ClericLordLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post
    You're in Lolocan, where nobody else is.
    What is this

  3. #23
    "King of Quotes" pyrofyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    6,901

    Default

    It's truth, Lolocan is one of the few scarcely populated servers. Compare it to Scania and you'll see what I'm getting at.
    Gone with the wind

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    I never said EVERYONE is, however the MAJORITY of the COMMUNITY, IS LIKE THAT.

    Yes I approach it with such hate, because people just dont understand, it might be 'just a game' but this game is fully of violent retarded 13yo racist hatefilled bigots who will grow up and end up being the next kid shooting a school or killing his friend because "It was his spot, and he saw it first".
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    It's truth, Lolocan is one of the few scarcely populated servers. Compare it to Scania and you'll see what I'm getting at.

    True dat.
    But I like it how it is, plenty of people to keep me happy. I see a fairly decent amount of people. Tons in the FM during the day, good amount in henesys.

  5. #25
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    The rant makes some very nice points, but seems a bit out-dated.
    I feel he is describing early lvls perfectly, but the game changes once you actually meet the regular community of the server. The community matures greatly later on, as you do need patience to get past lower lvls. (although many of the new additions to MS have changed this a bit).

    Once I get past low-mid lvl areas, these situations become very infrequent. The grinding aspect is very present, but the community more than makes up for it. Often, people will jump at drama, but overall, the real community is better than what most people make it out to be.
    I've met some amazing people, but almost all of them were met much later into the game.

    Stereotyping this game the way some people do is just ignorant, but criticizing it isn't necessarily wrong. A negative person will have a negative experience, just as a positive person will have a positive experience.
    It's the player that makes the experience. You will run into idiots wherever you go; how you deal with them is what is important.

    Understand that idiots aren't really the ones that make a difference. If you cannot effectively see this, YOU failed along with them.


    Spoiler!



  6. #26
    "King of Quotes" pyrofyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    6,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XeKia View Post
    True dat.
    But I like it how it is, plenty of people to keep me happy. I see a fairly decent amount of people. Tons in the FM during the day, good amount in henesys.
    Indeed, however Lolocan is one of the rareties among all servers and versions of MS, they tend to be more like Scania/Bera where everyone is an *******, and that one person who even lets you share a map is a needle in a haystack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    The rant makes some very nice points, but seems a bit out-dated.
    I feel he is describing early lvls perfectly, but the game changes once you actually meet the regular community of the server. The community matures greatly later on, as you do need patience to get past lower lvls. (although many of the new additions to MS have changed this a bit).

    Once I get past low-mid lvl areas, these situations become very infrequent. The grinding aspect is very present, but the community more than makes up for it. Often, people will jump at drama, but overall, the real community is better than what most people make it out to be.
    I've met some amazing people, but almost all of them were met much later into the game.

    Stereotyping this game the way some people do is just ignorant, but criticizing it isn't necessarily wrong. A negative person will have a negative experience, just as a positive person will have a positive experience.
    It's the player that makes the experience. You will run into idiots wherever you go; how you deal with them is what is important.

    Understand that idiots aren't really the ones that make a difference. If you cannot effectively see this, YOU failed along with them.
    Say what you want but I've always found the exact opposite. You see, the fact of the matter is that while the higher leveled people aren't as jumpy with the KSing, they always want to KS just as bad, half of them run ****ty schemes (selling zhelms and attempting to make a 'chart' for it), they will KS you if you challenge their 'chart', the same goes with their attempts to make one for hime maps and a few others. The fact is, when it comes to late game, it's impossible to be a LONE player, you NEED a ****ing guild, not for leveling and parties which is the funny part, you just need them because you'll often be challenged, KSed, and have a ****load of problems UNLESS you're in a good guild that people know, or you're a popular person, and even then some people just don't give a ****. Back in the day, this was a BIG problem with the limit on guilds and all that jazz, these days I'd imagine it's not a big issue since guilds have so much space and alliances and all that ****.

    You can't put a flower in the middle of a turd and call it pretty Tesi, because that's what you're doing. Just because you can ignore these things later on doesn't mean that they aren't there and that they aren't a problem, they're a HUGE problem. Maybe half of you guys have no morals and don't care about what they decide to do later on in the game, but I couldn't stand for bull**** like that, and I couldn't stand for Nexon of America not standing up like Asiasoft did and forbidding it. The whole game is a ****fest, especially the market, all people do is get a lot of money, but better ****, get more money. The people who have half a brain do this and then just sell the mesos for REAL money, that's all that happens now, once you get to a high level you get a lot of friends, make runs frequently, get money and sell it, if you're really good you sell accounts too.

    The game went to the ****ter a LONG time ago, it's not going to come back, that's like saying Gaia is ever going to be good again, or Runescape will ever NOT be a game for newbs.
    Gone with the wind

  7. #27
    Kao~! Kao~! JeremiahLoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Penang, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    622

    Default

    I find it strange I found this while after stopping Maplestory for the day, though I plan on just quitting entirely. My Global Account was deemed unworthy now that I lived in a different Region. I had to start over again as a fundless Newbie... Everybody can't even speak proper english here... "Trade Hats La?" "Mesos La" "I like to hump Slimes La" .... :( Maplestory is pretty much dead for me now...

    Lolocan sounds vaguely familiar to Lollicon isn't it... :eek:
    http://haimerejloh.deviantart.com
    Visit my Deviant for my Artwork.

    TO DO LIST:
    [X] Get to First Job (Pirate)
    [X] Get to Second Job (Gunslinger)
    [X] Get to Third Job (Valkyrie)
    [ ] Get to Fourth Job (Corsair)
    [ ] Get Cygnus Character to Level 120 (Blaze Wizard)

  8. #28
    Lucida CountessZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    It's just a game. It's fun. People take things far too seriously. If you don't like the game, quit instead of whining about it.

    And if you've quit, don't whine about it to other people that might want to play it. I thought games were meant to be fun, not things to be over-analysed and torn to shreds just because one person doesn't like it.

    Maple has a lot of things wrong with it including the community. So just shrug it off and get on with playing the game YOUR way. Who needs friends? I'm enjoying Maple a lot more since I ditched most of my old 'friends', cleared out my BL and started a tiny-ass guild with 9 members, three of which are the same person. You don't HAVE to get involved with the retards to have fun.

    Owait. The average age of the average mapler is 13. And being popular and social is the most important thing in the world. Right. So to do this you have to join a community of retards. Of course, how stupid of me not to see that.

    Pff. Maple's still better than WoW or La Tale. It's mindless fun. People just can't see that because they have to make a HUGE ISSUE out of everything.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

  9. #29

    Default

    I disagree with this guy in many terms.



    Yet i still love it.


    Am i ghey? Naaaw.


    There IS truth in it.

    /end
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.


    Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

    A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

  10. #30
    Moe Moe Kyun~ ♥ CDFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    The game went to the ****ter a LONG time ago, it's not going to come back, that's like saying Gaia is ever going to be good again, or Runescape will ever NOT be a game for newbs.
    Wait.

    Stop everything.

    Gaia was good at one point in time?
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

    Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

    ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •