Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Respect

DivinePingas

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    Simple, wearing something you wear everyday to a wedding is just like saying "Hey I don't care this is an important day for you, because it isn't for me, so I'll just come on over on whatever I was already wearing at the moment."
    ...So?

Respeckt is srs bizness

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DivinePingas View Post
    ...So?

Respeckt is srs bizness
    Actually, it is. How old are you anyway? 12?

That or he doesn't have friends ):

I think he's 12 because at that age you don't have any respect for anything.

But yes. IN GROWN UP WORLD, sometimes you have to do things you don't like out of courtesy and if you're going to be THAT up your own arse about it, then I suggest you go lock yourself in a cave where nobody can ask you to do anything you don't want to.

Enjoy your friendless existence.

And yes, I'm still mad at them. If I get married I'm stipulating a dress code and anyone that doesn't stick to it will be turned away at the door. No lie.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

where are the pics

DivinePingas

Oh? Does being old mean you have to follow ****ty rules that make absolutely no sense except take your comfort away? People follow crap just because others do it too. And they call that "respect". Idiotic. I have respect for things that make sense. I always did.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Hi, my name is DivinePingas, and all I care about is what benefits me. I don't care for etiquette or respect, even in adulthood. I know full-well that this severely limits my job and career options, since most workplaces demand a businessman attitude, namely respect and etiquette around the office or clients. Perhaps this attitude towards etiquette and respect are drawn from some television program, where the main character can be as rude and unabashful as they wish.

In any case, I certainly don't wish anyone to show me respect or politeness since those things are trivial and I like to go around being an asshat to everyone I meet, since that's clearly the most comfortable thing to do.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Sadly there are a lot of people like him and the numbers are growing. Soon common sense will be a thing of the past.

A Muslim friend was offended by a cross-wearing person at his wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by DivinePingas View Post
    Oh? Does being old mean you have to follow ****ty rules that make absolutely no sense except take your comfort away? People follow crap just because others do it too. And they call that "respect". Idiotic. I have respect for things that make sense. I always did.
    You're 14, you have no idea how the world works, unfortunately, although you may think you do because I know I thought I knew everything at your age then hey, guess what, REAL LIFE came along and I found it was rather different than I thought.

Your attitude is not going to get you anywhere, unfortunately. As you get older you realise that you can't have the OH HAY FACK YOU WORLD attitude that you have now. If you, for example, turn up for a job interview in combat shorts and a Lolcat t-shirt, you're not going to get the job simply because the way you're dressed projects a hell of a lot about you. Which is, sad to say, that you don't CARE.

There's a difference between doing things out of your comfort zone that make no sense and making a little bit of effort for something special.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.