Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unrealistic Expectations of Guys

Default Unrealistic Expectations of Guys

Note: Just letting off some steam.

So, my girlfriend dumped me without warning. IMO, I'd done nothing wrong, did everything I could to make her happy. So I confronted her the other day and asked "Can you explain why you broke up with me?" She replied and I quote "I started liking this other guy because he's so hot and he's such a good singer! You're nothing like him! He's so much better than you! I really want to go out with him". I asked her "Who is he?" Her answer : "AJ Rafael". (For those of you who don't know, he is famous on Youtube for writing and singing his own songs, he has quite a fanbase).

Earlier this year, I asked out a girl I really liked and I got turned down. Her response was and again I quote: "I really like this guy he's so hot and dreamy I love him." So I asked who. Her response : "Taylor Lautner. Can you hook me up with him?"

Why do most girls have unrealistic expectations of men? Are normal, average males, really that bad? Do we really need hot, muscular bodies and a sexy face to get a girl?

My good friend's parents divorced. Why? Because his mother thought that her husband wasn't hot enough. His father had been faithful and worked his tail off to send my friend to a private school (which we both go to) for 14 years, while his mother didn't do SQUAT. My friend got into an accident with his father (Some dude got drunk and hit them). Fortunately, he only received a concussion, and while his father called his mother to come and help them her response was "You're always telling me to do this and do that! Go call for someone else, I'm with my friends." Her own son got into an accident. WTF is dis shiot.

The Media has created the "perfect guy" image, so many girls fantasize about them and leave the average guys behind in the dust. If you're not hot, you're not going to get a girl. I know a bunch of guys, who would treat a girl 1000% better than guys who would "Ima g0 out wit her 4 da sex ima **** her all nite bby!"

/endfailrant.
    Spoiler!

If you were going out with a girl stupid enough to break up with you because she liked some ass on YouTube, you didn't lose anything. Any girl who's that stupid shouldn't deserve to have a boyfriend in the first place.

Girls like that shouldn't be made a big deal of. If they can't set realistic limits in their lives, they'll forever be living as a fangirl squealing for an actor or something. Set your sights on a girl whose head isn't in the clouds, that's all I can say.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

What's strange is that there are a lot of these kinds of girls. You'd think they'd have all died out by now.

Unfortunately my high school is filled with the opposite. They think hanging out with the special ed kids (ignoring them and chatting with other friends who 'hang out' with the special ed kids as well) gives them the right to act haughty and superior to everyone else (much like hipsters buying houses in rural Mexican neighborhoods).
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

DivinePingas

Quote Originally Posted by azn4anime View Post
    If you were going out with a girl stupid enough to break up with you because she liked some ass on YouTube, you didn't lose anything. Any girl who's that stupid shouldn't deserve to have a boyfriend in the first place.

Girls like that shouldn't be made a big deal of. If they can't set realistic limits in their lives, they'll forever be living as a fangirl squealing for an actor or something. Set your sights on a girl whose head isn't in the clouds, that's all I can say.
    I completely aggree.

I know a bunch of guys, who would treat a girl 1000% better than guys who would "Ima g0 out wit her 4 da sex ima **** her all nite bby!"
    That counts for you too if you take girls like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DivinePingas View Post
    I completely aggree.

That counts for you too if you take girls like that.
    I don't think of girls to "lets have sex bby!" I ACTUALLY treat them with respect!

Inorite, a guy treating girls with respect.
    Spoiler!

DivinePingas

Quote Originally Posted by CorbsterZX View Post
    I don't think of girls to "lets have sex bby!" I ACTUALLY treat them with respect!

Inorite, a guy treating girls with respect.
    Apart from treating them well(which is pointless), they are useless for everything.

stop trying

I could replace everything with the opposite gender and it would still hold true. There's many guys who have unrealistic expectations of girls.

That aside, would you honestly want to be with any girl who would dump a caring boyfriend for a singer/obsession they will never meet/get over in a week?

Green Fairy

Sorry champ, all girls are whores or sluts. They will stay with you for a little bit so they can get free meals, but after a while, if a guy more attractive or wealthier than you comes along and says he wants to be with her, she will dump your sorry ass. Rules of life.

DivinePingas

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTime View Post
    Sorry champ, all girls are whores or sluts. They will stay with you for a little bit so they can get free meals, but after a while, if a guy more attractive or wealthier than you comes along and says he wants to be with her, she will dump your sorry ass. Rules of life.
    Not all. Lrn2Fact

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTime View Post

This. Happened with a good friend of mine.

She made ****ty excuses, but once we broke up, who did she go to?