Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfft, nerd. Get off the computer.

O.o O.o O.o O.o O.o
    null set [ ]

r u syin tat i shud kwit maplstoy?
    Hello, I am Spelling, please stop killing me.
    My sister, Punctuation, wants you to stop killing her too.
    My cousin, Capitalization, wants you to stop killing him too.
    Put this in your signature if you support.:D

That has actually kind of happened to me but with WoW. Most kids that are probably your age will forget about it and the ones that don't you can just lie and say that you quit. Some people are so insecure they find anything out of the ordinary of someone and exploit it to make themselves feel good. I think Turles was right also don't just ignore it because people will talk behind your back and be lame faces. But fighting or getting all defensive about isnt a way of approaching it. I cant make a valid point ever.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct View Post
    I have a great social life at school. I have a bunch of friends, and I've been asked out a lot. I say I'm taken, and they ask to be friends, and I say sure. Sometimes on a party of mine, people arrive and they find me on my computer playing maplestory. Apparently, that makes them think that I'm a geek.

My girlfriend came, and dumped me, now my friends who went are avoiding me. Why does playing MapleStory, or any other mmorpg for that matter, automatically make you a no-lifing nerd who can't do sports. I CAN do sports, and I have a first place in sparring (tae kwon do). They all know that, and because one day they saw me on MapleStory, it undoes all of my social life. A lot of people seem to think that simply having fun playing a game that you enjoy is SO BAD!

Note: I don't need people saying "o u ned 2 kwit maplstry it maek mi lief muc beter i tink u shud 2.", or "just quit maplestory, it's not hard!"
    I agree, they are ****ing idiots. I don't play Maplestory anymore, but I'm still called a nerd due to my knowledge of the interwebs o_o. Also, probably since I'm smarter than most people in my class when I want to work.

On a mo serious note...playin any computer game carries uh...commitments (?). Which includes losing all respect and friends. Which is why..."Kwit Mapelstowry doood!"
    null set [ ]

How old are you? Nevertheless people my age still think that videogames are for kids, but that's the common mindset here in Mexico. I don't hide the fact that I play them all day long though.

Thread was over once Turles posted it. IT's a fact, you're taking **** from high school kids? Hahaaha, they might have been your friends, but you've now learned one important thing from them, they are NOT the kind of friends you want. They are 'fair weather friends', ones who stick around when it's good in your life, but leave when **** gets bad. They think that every little thing you do that they don't is horrible, all of that jazz.

I had a great high school social life, and I would openly tell anyone who asked that I played online games, I made more friends because of it, hahaha.

In any case, stand the hell up for yourself. Do you think so little of yourself that you think you can't stand up for yourself? You need to act like the awesome main character kind of guy who gets in their face and says "Hey, I heard you ***gots are talking **** about me. You saying I play little kid games? Yeah, I play some ****ing online game. You got ****ing beef with me? Bring that **** to my face" and see how quick they shut the **** up. If they still have beef, just punk those kids every time you get a chance. *****es too, don't be scared of a girl because she has a uterus, stand up that to her.

With that said, it's funny when you see people being nerds because it's so easy to be the 'cool kid' in ANY school, period. Hell, I was a fat overweight kid, but because I was 'black', decently tall, and people couldn't tell, I still had a great reputation, a ****ton of friends, and was never ****ed with. Someone cut me in line once, I told him to **** off, he did. That's all there is to it. They don't **** off? Keep pressing them, don't just stand back because they stood up.

With that said though, don't just go around bullying people, because then people just get annoyed by you, you know?
    Gone with the wind

DUDE!! TKD!!??? AWESOME!!!! I've been trying to learn but ....its hard. Anyways, if they don't like you because of your hobby, they're not really your friends. Dude, your friends are right here, on HS.:):)

Quote Originally Posted by rainyfriday View Post
    DUDE!! TKD!!??? AWESOME!!!! I've been trying to learn but ....its hard. Anyways, if they don't like you because of your hobby, they're not really your friends. Dude, your friends are right here, on HS.:):)
    eFriends are NO replacement for real friends. He's a social guy and needs real friends. I'd probably give my friends one chance to understand how stupid they are, and after that I'd just ditch them.
    Gone with the wind

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by rainyfriday View Post
    I don't find TKD difficult so much as I find it very physically strenuous. Being an out of shape, lazy nerd. ;)

Oh, also Pyro pretty much nuked the nail on the head and sent it so far into the ground that... my analogy is starting to go nowhere. You get what I mean though.