Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got hacked. Need advice/help/miracle?

I know you've been a long time player and have spent quite about on NX toward their MapleStory "cause". Sorry to hear about this. :(

If they don't even attempt to help you get your account back after spending so much it's sad. When my email and first steam account got compromised there was only one game tied to the account, and steam tried to help but the moron already had me VAC banned. Hope it works out! :o

Banned

Hm, hunt the IP down. Sue him!

Hey bro, I was in Recondite for a little while so I didn't really get to know you that well, but knew you enough to know that whoever hacked you needs to get caught ASAP. That's really terrible, even if it's game, people still resort to stealing online. Man, I really wish I could help somehow, I know you've been a longtime player and HS user.

Also, good luck with nexon getting back to you, this is really a complicated situation, I wish for them to at least attempt to fix things, although it's rare that they do in an issue like this.

If it's a user from HS, you're totally dead. If SW, then I wouldn't be too surprised.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've now logged three tickets with Nexon. The first they replied to with the classic "don't give out your account info". Of course, I wrote them a lengthy reply. I then had something very weird happen. I received $290 worth of PayPal refunds dating back to the end of March. That was a total of over 20 refunds that arrived in my inbox within about 25 minutes of each other. They then replied to my ticket, said nothing about the refunds, but suggested that I had probably either been keylogged (despite me categorically stating that I had not), or had visited one of the LOLFREENX sites and had my information phished. Ridiculous. Of course I didn't do that.

Needless to say I just wrote them another HUGE ticket. This one is a veritable tome of text, so hopefully they will get it this time. I am hoping that by keeping at them, it will eventually get to someone that actually has the authority to help me. At the moment, I just want my account back and some information changed so the hacker can't brute force my info again.

Lastly, I managed to track down my items to the IGNs of "Hageo" and "OwnerHero" in Scania. Pretty sure they were mine, since the stats were EXACTLY the same, which is pretty hard with well scrolled items and hammers used on them. My friend bought my old cape back for me (7 ATK 8 STR with 2 hammers used, same def as mine too), and the guy also had my knuckle (15/97 White Fangz, 2 hammers used, exact same stats), along with some more of my items. We have screenshots of them all now, which I have informed Nexon of. I didn't confront the guy because there's no point. It's not as if he would give the items back, and it would only give him the satisfaction of being able to laugh at me.

I'm now waiting for a reply to my third ticket, and building back my mesos on another account while I wait for this to be sorted. Luckily the hacker "forgot" to take my 25 DEX Zhelm from my Buccaneer (it was scissored, but he probably didn't notice), so that's safe on someone else's account for now, and my cape is now safe, but of course that's only a small amount of the items I lost. If Nexon don't sort this out then I will probably be quitting, which would be a shame since I find this game to be quite fun, but in the meanwhile I will merchant, and if I quit the mesos will go to my friends in-game who have helped me deal with this and offered to give me billions of mesos etc lol...

Lol $290.00

There are many ways that this could've happened. Ads, although they appear harmless, can actually put trojan horses, spyware, etc. on your computer without you even knowing it. Some sites you visted could've been compromised, and something could've been planted on your computer then. Or, you could've visited a fake site. Real-time protection and ad blockers are crucial. It also doesn't help to run Peer Guardian 2 to block those unnecessary ports. That way, if you have keyloggers, etc., the information is less likely to get sent out since PG2 is blocking the port(s).

Use enhanced security when logging in to check your e-mail. I know for sure that Gmail and Hotmail has this feature. For Hotmail, it's below the password box. For Gmail, it's under the Settings section once you sign in.

Routinely flush your history, etc. I set Firefox to clear my Private Data each time I close it. That includes Temporary Internet files, History, Cache, etc. I also close my Firefox frequently and restart it just to clear all the files. So after I'm done with my e-mails, I will close it, thus flushing the data, then re-open it and move onto other sites like cnn.com, etc.

Install the real-time monitors like Ad-Aware, Spybot, Avast, etc. They can help. I've almost been to sites which I thought were okay, but Avast told me otherwise, and I ended up not going there. Also, use those free tools to scan your computer to see if you are really clean.

Don't forward e-mails. There's a reason why multiple accounts exist.

Think twice about checking your private stuff using unsecured networks like library WiFi, or using your friend's midnight-pr0n-time computer.

F50, thanks for the advice, but I did not have a Trojan, keylogger, nor a virus. I think I made that quite clear in the first post! :) I'm not new to computer security. All of this happened through Nexon.net exploits, brute force, and bad security on behalf of sites like Gmail. If I was keylogged, the hacker would simply have logged into my account rather than having to take the time to use exploits and break into my e-mails. They would also have known about other accounts I had, and not only the two on which I charged NX.

That sucks, I would have never expected that you would be hacked. Hope everything sorts out for you!

That really sucks. Um find out who the person was. Im sure nexon can ip track. Then start a lawsuit.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Wow...your whole situation just gives me a sense of frusteration. I can't imagine how frusterated you must be with Nexon or Gmail.

It sucks when a good mapler gets hacked by the greedy *******s.

Spoiler!