Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Got hacked. Need advice/help/miracle?

Phantom Watch

My condolences to you. But hey, at least you're tech-savvy. If this were me, I probably wouldn't even realize it for a good week or so.

Oh I forgot to mention, since I keep on top of the hacking scene. There has been a birthday brute forcer out for quite some time, and it still works.

So if you're stuck on the birthday thing, don't be, any script kiddie could grab that from about 20 different sites.
    Gone with the wind

Aha yeah I thought as much, thanks...

Just got another reply from Nexon, ignoring the 95% of the ticket dealing with their security holes etc, and only answering the tiny single sentence where I asked them to unban my account, basically saying they won't.

Written them another huge ticket in reply.

Has anyone had any experience with chargebacks via PayPal? If they don't sort out my accounts and I end up quitting, I am going to do chargebacks for as much NX as I can.

I'm also looking for an e-mail address to contact Nexon on if anyone has one. Anyone at Nexon will do. Their e-mail domains were quite easy to find (even the login page for their newsletter software was easy to find lol), but I'm having trouble finding any employee names so that I can test e-mail addresses.

Well, after a few more e-mails to them, they are still refusing to admit that they did anything wrong. They've now told me that they will not answer any more e-mails on the subject, and that new tickets will just be closed.

But...

Despite them not having done anything wrong (yeah right), and their website having no security holes whatsoever (yeah right), they have refunded me a total of $625 of NX spent on the account that was stripped and banned. I thought they didn't refund NX? If that's not an admittance of guilt then I don't know what is.

I'm still gonna press for answers though. I lost a few high level characters on that accout. The refunds might "pay back" some of the mesos lost, but I still want to be compensated for my time lost, or at least have the account unbanned since it was their fault that anything happened in the first place!

i know i am not the best with computing and tech wizadry, but i'm pretty sure they can refund NX, which is why you can't by megaphones or Welcome Gift Boxes. People were buying them and then using them, making them dissappear in the megaphones case or become differant items in the Gift Box case, and then requesting refunds to get money back with no items being taken, as the system thinks the items aren't there.

Of course, please quote me saying 'You're wrong, the reason is...' because this knowledge is just what i've been told, and i am not being backed by any sources, which is always a bad thing

Either way, that guy sounds like a right wanker, but it seems they also know their stuff if they managed to get through all of that with no keyloggers, and not some 10 year old pubescent kiddliewink
    HI THERE.
    i'm tom. this is my signature. u lyk?

i'm gonna join in with the target thingz
    Get level 20
    [ ] Job Advance [ ] Get 1 Mil [ ] Buy something from
    the Cash Shop
    [x]

o yes, 1/4 of the way there

Not sure what you mean, but I'd always heard if you charged back NX, they would ban your account. Plus the PayPal system won't let you do a charge back on anything over I think 45 days old or something. The NX I was refunded was going back to 2008. Very weird, since I've never heard on forums of Nexon refunding anyone, and they didn't mention it in their replies. Perhaps the same idiot who replied to my e-mails also pressed the wrong button by mistake? Wouldn't surprise me.

I'm gonna keep on at them, but at least the refunds go a small way to compensating me. I would still like the account unbanned though, since it was banned for bogus reasons. Actual real hackers get temp bans, and I get a perm ban for "illicit advertising"? Ridiculous.

Here's some info:
    (smega)

I thought it was wierd for someone like you to be smega'ing something like that. GL finding the culprit/
    Chat Box

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    Aha yeah I thought as much, thanks...

Just got another reply from Nexon, ignoring the 95% of the ticket dealing with their security holes etc, and only answering the tiny single sentence where I asked them to unban my account, basically saying they won't.

Written them another huge ticket in reply.

Has anyone had any experience with chargebacks via PayPal? If they don't sort out my accounts and I end up quitting, I am going to do chargebacks for as much NX as I can.

I'm also looking for an e-mail address to contact Nexon on if anyone has one. Anyone at Nexon will do. Their e-mail domains were quite easy to find (even the login page for their newsletter software was easy to find lol), but I'm having trouble finding any employee names so that I can test e-mail addresses.
    Chargebacks via PayPal is not only a HUGE ****ing pain, but depending on how spaced out it is, will probably not work. Generally the way it works is that if you bought something from the person you're charge-backing from before, it becomes a Merchant Dispute and you have to work it out with Nexon. I find Paypal to be nothing less than insufferable when working with chargebacks or having money stolen from you, I once had someone somehow charge 100 bucks to my Paypal, messaged Paypal telling them it's bull****, and Paypal didn't care. Went to my bank, but because I bought stuff off of paypal before, I couldn't just tell my bank it was bull****, and it was now a merchant dispute with Paypal, who didn't care.

I'm hoping it goes better for you though because you wasted a crapton of money man...
    Gone with the wind

Lemons thanks for that, now I know why the hell the account was banned... ****ing hacker man... I know they also smega'd on my Arch Mage selling NX or something, but luckily that account wasn't banned!

Pyrofyr I sorta meant chargebacks specifically to Nexon. Wondered how it worked, since I always heard they banned you if you tried it. Although that's not a problem since the account is already banned lol... but weirdly, like I said in another post, they refunded me $625 so far...

I have another character now but I'm still pissed that my main account was banned. At least my Arch Mage is still alive so I can leech my new char to Corsair. I would have just quit but I refuse to let a hacker dictate what I should be doing.

I just find it ridiculous that Nexon will ban an account that's been in good standing for years, with 3 chars in 4th job, just because of one stupid ****ing smega that was OBVIOUSLY done by a hacker on the account (they can easily check logs etc), yet people get TEMP banned for hacking.