Thread: Allocation of 1st job points for a BW

Icon4 Allocation of 1st job points for a BW

Here is the first thing you need to know for a BW.... Do not ever max Magic Claw, Unless you arent planning on other job advancements, it is just never used, and fire arrow at level one is almost more powerful than magic claw, depending on how you set your SP. So you should place your AP like this:
    Increasing Max MP: 10<--Max this FIRST
    Magic Guard:10
    Magic Armor:10
    Flame: 20
    Magic Claw: 11

My reasoning behind this is that: you need as much MP as you can get if you are using maxed MG, which is recommended against higher lvl monsters, and Magic Claw, again, is not really used at higher lvls.

~~~FTW~~~

Beefspin

What is this I don't even...this is blasphemy! How will you hit fire-resistant enemies without magic claw or that element-removing spell?

Quote Originally Posted by ranja60 View Post
    Here is the first thing you need to know for a BW.... Do not ever max Magic Claw, Unless you arent planning on other job advancements, it is just never used, and fire arrow at level one is almost more powerful than magic claw, depending on how you set your SP. So you should place your AP like this:

My reasoning behind this is that: you need as much MP as you can get if you are using maxed MG, which is recommended against higher lvl monsters, and Magic Claw, again, is not really used at higher lvls.

~~~FTW~~~
    Lewl, you're joking right? I guess HS really is hosting "worst guides ever to defile the Internets" contest.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by ranja60 View Post

~~~FTW~~~
    No. Please, no. I already see something wrong with this build. Flame doesn't do much at higher lvls, and that's all you care about. Flame's damage compared to yours looks puny. You could make that DPS up by having maxed Magic Claw easily. Magic guard, much MUCH better at higher lvls. Magic Armor may be good at low lvls, but doesn't shield much HP. Maxed magic guard shields 60% HP and converts it to MP damage(correct me). I'm too lazy to look up the BW skills for an exact build. Something along these lines. This is the end results for the build everyone knows and loves. Improving Max MP Maxed, Magic Guard maxed, Magic claw maxed, and the rest into flame.
    Hello, I am Spelling, please stop killing me.
    My sister, Punctuation, wants you to stop killing her too.
    My cousin, Capitalization, wants you to stop killing him too.
    Put this in your signature if you support.:D

Have fun leveling to 30 without a real attack skill. o.O

Or you could be doing 300/300 with Magic Claw at level 25. Your choice.

Also, some people skip Fire Arrow, since Pillar is much better for leveling and they figure on getting to 3rd quickly, and want to get support skills like Slow.

If you're going to skip an attack skill, get something useful like Slow, that you can't get any other way. Magic Armor can be replaced with a pot (Grilled Cheese in NLC). Seriously.
    Spoiler!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beefspin View Post
    What is this I don't even...this is blasphemy! How will you hit fire-resistant enemies without magic claw or that element-removing spell?
    Blaze Wizard's claw is fire based. If you plan to max Fire Arrow, then I guess it is a do-able build, but I would rather have maxed Claw and Slow instead of Armor and Arrow.

Spoiler!