Thread: is a shadower usefull for hunting boss

Default is a shadower usefull for hunting boss

i have a 125shadower but,when our Guild zakum,all i can do is to smoke screen for bs to res another player,my equip is relly good,ihave a 116 dragon kanzir and 26 att dragonkanjar,15att SCG,but i cant spam as much as damage like a night Lord,corsair or bowmaster does, so should stop playing shadower and make a new char like Nightlord or bowmaster
    p/s: some friend advise me to use assassinate to hunt boss,is that right ?and how to spam assassinate effectively ?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

While shadowers obviously got the short end of the bossing stick, they are by no means useless.
    You can be very effective as Seduce at horntail, and Shadowers are decent at Bigfooting in later lvls.

I don't suggest quitting your character just so you can boss slightly better. Even though you might not be the main attacker, you serve several other purposes.

Spoiler!

125 isn't a real high lvl when it comes to attacking at zakum. You won't be able to break his dmg barrier efficiently compared to a 14x NL or BM, Shadowers are VERY usefull when it comes to bossing tho. The skill meso gaurd mixed with your 40% miss from shadow shifter and your god-mode stage with BS+your high aviod makes a shadower one of the most needed classes at a boss like HT or PB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Shadowers are great boss killers. If anything since you were a bandit, that's what your character was made for. :/
    Gone with the wind

Icon11

Shadowers are awesome, screw everyone else.
    If you want to spam Assassinate properly, put it in a macro. DS+Assassinate+Boomerang Step is a common macro for high leveled Shadowers that boss. You'll want a high level Assassinate for it to be useful though, somewhere around level 21 or higher.

You need to read a few shadower guides. They are useless if you don't know how to use them. I also suggest watching videos on youtube about shadowers.

I personally don't like the DS+Assassinate+BS macro.

Macro Assassinate+BS together.

Just a bit of lag can throw off your macro, so you'll have to cancel DS and redo it. Better to just alternate clicking between your DS button and the As'inate+BS macro.

Scania
    ~donnySAUR
    Myspace it, hoe.
    Or FB it.

Icon2

Well, instead of cancelling DS, you could use the lag to your advantage and just unleash another Assassinate, one that'll be stronger since it'll probably be charged for a second or two after you realize your macro failed lol

Assassinate is the most used skill for shadowers when bossing. However at level 125 you obviously dont have a very high level assassinate.

If you did a bstep first build like I did, a good bossing technique (not on zak though) can be spaming SB+Bstep back and fourth. It keeps you invisible for a while since you're using bstep a lot, and keeps dealing damage inbetween bstep delays with SB.

I solo HH's with it in less than 3 minutes and use like 4 barbarian elixers with that technique
    Bera
    CloseCombatX - level 140 Shadower [dead]