Thread: Paladins or Hero

Default Paladins or Hero

I want to know whick job is funner..what i know.. is crusader looks cooler with the combo and the panic skill is godly..while what i heard is paladins is strong based on element..while i think brandish looks cooler than blast..and..paladins have the skills where it atks once while the paladin have some sort of golden wing when they atk.what skill is that??

last question..what should my dex be?? 2x my lvl for my unfunded character..or like leave it at 80 dex?and if i pick fighter,should i use 1h or 2h and axe or sword?

if i remember correctly paladins end up being stronger than crusaders, but i prefer crusaders (idk why i just do).

your dex is really high for your lvl. if you intend on being red dex then just use the buttom that set your ap automatically.

using 1h or 2h swords depends on your funding i guess. see if you get 1h then in later lvls you would need a shield with some Att (not very cheap), but on the up side the scroll for the sword cost less. is you go 2h then you wont need a shield, but the scrolls and the weapons cost more, but i dont think that they cost so much that it would be more expensive than getting a shield.

(anyone, correct me if im wrong havent payed attention to my fighter in a while.)

Paladins are stronger than Heroes when they have elemental weakness on their side (like at Skeles, or some of the CWKPQ bosses who are weak to lightning). Heroes are stronger at standard bossing where the bosses are elemental neutral or even elemental resist.

Heroes have Brandish, which is split into 2 hits, unlike Blast. This helps them to not hit the damage cap. Also, Heroes are more affected by apples because of their lower % multipliers. (In fact, Pallies are the class least affected by apples, besides mages.)

And actually, Panic isn't that great because you can't use it all the time. Brandish is far better because it's spammable. Heroes don't really use the finishers (Panic/Coma) except when their Advanced Combo is running out. Otherwise, the multipliers from a full Advanced Combo are better than constantly charging. So, Panic/Coma are much more important for Crusaders than for Heroes.

One nice thing about Paladins is that Advanced Charge Blow is only 10 SP, and it becomes a very powerful mob attack, so that after getting 1 Rush and maxed ACB, a Pally can train better than most classes that level at Skelegons. Holy/Divine Charge is a bonus after that. For instance, Heroes need 21 Brandish for it to even beat Slash Blast, and then there's Advanced Combo to work on after that. Of course, the Heaven's Hammer Paladin build needs more SP to get HH up to a level that's effective for 2-hitting Time Temple monsters: using HH, and then Rushing around finishing them off. Even though it needs more SP, it's faster training, especially solo, than Skeles.

Heroes are the best class to solo Bigfoot because they can easily keep it pinned. Paladins can solo Pianus well because it's fire-weak.

Don't forget about 3rd job: Crusaders can party at Himes with a priest, making things slightly faster. WKs train at more out-of-the-way places where the monsters are elementally weak, like Kents and Wyverns, and they are the always-solo class, if there is one.

EDIT: Also, these days, even if you're really poor, I woudn't recommend getting more than 60-70 DEX. The balance can be easily made up by cheap equips (some which you can earn for free once you get to 100+, like a Zakum helm and a Mark of Naricain). A good average DEX to cap it is 20-40 base. DEXless is very possible, but will need to get accuracy equips earlier than low-DEX, and also, you'll need to still be able to afford good attack equips, or there's no real point.

A warrior only needs DEX to hit what he or she wants to train on. So only raise your DEX if you're having trouble hitting the monsters where you want to train, after you've got the best accuracy equips you can reasonably afford. The minimum acc needed to hit everything reasonable to train/boss on when you're at the same level as it is 139 (maybe 14x for Time Temple?). Except for trying to train on Windraiders at 50, or hit Alishar 100% at level 35, or other rather pointless endeavors (basically, trying to do things at way too low a level, or fighting ridiculous bosses like some of the Showa ones with massive avoid), you won't need more than 15x, even if you train on monsters before you're the same level as them. So don't raise your DEX if you already have 14x accuracy or so.
    Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Get back to the Magician section. You're making me feel useless. =(

Panic is the e-penor move for Crusaders/Heroes; I don't know anyone else who could hit 70k at 129 short of max-ult-Mages and CBs with ME. Blast is the e-penor move for Paladins; being able to spam the damage cap is sexy to say the least. Of course this no longer happens because the damage cap was raised, but whatever.

And you do need more than 149 accuracy for the higher level ToT mobs. I'm not sure if any calculators have them programmed yet, but I know that everything up until Qualm Trainees can be hit 100% with 139 acc + Sniper Pill. I didn't try Qualm Guards/Chiefs, and I haven't got past that, so I can't say. I'll get back to you on that.

Finally, if you're not planning to get to 4th job, or go far past it, then White Knight is by far a better choice than Crusader. Saderdom is hell at best... you're still using Power Strike and Slash Blast to train with NO upgrades at ALL to them, because a good Crusader even in 3rd job will rarely use his/her combo orbs except to Coma a large mob, and by large I mean MORE than 6. At Windraiders in my 7x and 8x I rarely ever used Coma; after I mastered how to control the map I often found my combo orbs expiring on me. So yeah, trust me when I say that 110 levels of Power Strike and Slash Blast ain't fun. Especially when all the other warriors get something to rub in your face. (then you use Panic to shut them up for a bit, even though you both know that they train faster)
    Not back. Front.

If you like to train, go with pally
    If you like to boss, go with hero

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darkkillerEx View Post
    If you like to train, go with pally
    If you like to boss, go with hero
    Paladins can boss too.