Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LF up to date lvling guide

Beginner

I'm starting to rethink being a priest then

I thught any class was solo-able

But apparently not

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LL001 View Post
    Wait so you shouldnt just max shining ray right away as a priest? That was my plan... are you saying priests *need* to be in a party all the time to do any training??? That seems ridiculous... surely there are solo training maps for level 70's and 80's priests with max shining ray... like death teddys maybe? I would think once ur max SR u can take them? Am i wrong?

I really dont want to depend on other people to do training...
    They're full of crap. I've been in a solo party since about level 69 and now I'm about 81. I grinded on just MDTs and stuff. Of course, people think I'm insane for building my character this way, and they also tell me that my build is that "I'm trying to be a solo priest, which is impossible, and futile." One, it's not, I've seen upper levels train alone at skeles, and other such things.

Second, forget waiting to max SR. If you have really high hp (I'd recommend getting all the equips you can), and or high enough INT to raise your overall Mdef to the point that you don't need MG, you can just use heal. For the purposes of sanity, I'd recommend the latter, as HP mages have many other problems.

But apparently not
    Any class IS soloable. You just have to choose the right battle grounds. You can't really solo himes for instance, but you can find other spots that give almost as good experience, with less risk. Such as the dark clown area in the haunted house (which may take some work to get to, if you don't have a key).

People who say otherwise are typically people who are used to priests healing them, and nothing else, and see priests as worthless if they don't currently have a "crucial" skill (earlier levels it's bless, then later it's HS). When those people are in the party, and try to get you to be support only, I usually leave the party. You were given the attack powers so you can hold your own. But, you are better at healing, if you wanna be a party mage. Just a note, heal is actually stronger than SR.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Also... Did someone just call MP3 slow?
    ...Wow. Just wow. I guess it is "slow" in comparison to free wins CPQ, but sheesh. It's nothing to sneeze at. O_o I would've killed to have MP3 when I was those levels.
    I think it's like when I was training CDFA at Z-Lupins.

Most people expect it to be godly fast forever while there, but it isn't, and there's no other place to train, so people go "omg slow" because it's not godly anymore.

Woo 0.01% per Z-Lupin at level 50 without family or x2 or anything.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Quote Originally Posted by LL001 View Post

But apparently not
    By the time you hit 70, even if you did solo until then, there's a pretty big chance that you'll know a good number of people (via PQs, guild, etc) that might need a priest for training. Finding a party is not at all hard, and it's more fun than soloing anyway.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

If not, well, it's doable. But it's boring and lonely.

Beginner

Ok guys here is my update since my posts: now my priest is level 92 !!!

I have both shining ray and holy symbol maxxed out!!!

I've been doing himes with DKs and DrKs and even CBs.

I found a nice CB who is rich, and just bombs the himes at the left side of the map, its extremely cool.

I dont think i'm gonna solo til i have Elemental Resistance max, because i just use a *lot* more pots soloing.

And you guys were mostly right, shining ray is a lot stronger than heal, but heal is so much faster that its probably more DPM.