Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
"Proper" Weapon? Skill Advice?

Thread: "Proper" Weapon? Skill Advice?

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default "Proper" Weapon? Skill Advice?

Were Dawn Warriors meant to use 1H or 2H Swords? I mean, I tried out that you can use most of the 2nd job skills with 1h swords, but all the info floating around says DWs are supposed to use 2H swords. Are there weapon limitations on the skills later on, or what's happening?

Secondly, I'm iffy about what skill to max/level next. I've finished mastery first, albeit a little late, and I've got.... 2 pts in Soul Rush, 8 in Soul Blade, and 1 in FA. Don't be cringing in horror because I know I might not have followed any guides out there, but mind you I still play this character for enjoyment, not the sake of out-and-out speed/normal levelling. What do you suggest I level next? I'm hearing it should be Soul Rush (supposedly opens up more training spots... care to make EXAMPLES guide-writeres?), but I like the utility of FA (Sword Dance yeah!) and Soul Blade (at this level, it's already on-par with SB in damage % terms, even if it's still lacking in target hits).
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

You are lucky that Dawn Warrior FA is an active skill, because it greatly reduces your damage and character control at level 1. Don't use it during training, only to play around with.
    Spoiler!

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    You are lucky that Dawn Warrior FA is an active skill, because it greatly reduces your damage and character control at level 1. Don't use it during training, only to play around with.
    Does it ever get better?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Max out Soul Blade its very helpful and pretty fun to train with. Also I've heard that final attack stacks with brandish so thats 230%+230% and an additional 250% @ 60% rate to one target.

In the end ull have all skills maxed except for one which will be at 11 (most likely booster)

As far as I know, DWs can use both 2h and 1h for all their skills, its simply a matter of what u prefer. For instance, if u have a watk shield its probably better to use a 1h sword whereas if u dont have the shield use a 2h sword. Personally, I only use 2h swords with a Fast atk speed, otherwise i use 1h swords but thats just me
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Were Dawn Warriors meant to use 1H or 2H Swords? I mean, I tried out that you can use most of the 2nd job skills with 1h swords, but all the info floating around says DWs are supposed to use 2H swords. Are there weapon limitations on the skills later on, or what's happening?

Secondly, I'm iffy about what skill to max/level next. I've finished mastery first, albeit a little late, and I've got.... 2 pts in Soul Rush, 8 in Soul Blade, and 1 in FA. Don't be cringing in horror because I know I might not have followed any guides out there, but mind you I still play this character for enjoyment, not the sake of out-and-out speed/normal levelling. What do you suggest I level next? I'm hearing it should be Soul Rush (supposedly opens up more training spots... care to make EXAMPLES guide-writeres?), but I like the utility of FA (Sword Dance yeah!) and Soul Blade (at this level, it's already on-par with SB in damage % terms, even if it's still lacking in target hits).
    Didn't you watch that cutscene when your 20+ char logged in? He was holding a 2H sword! If you can't follow T.V., follow the closest thing to it.