Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "ogn ur baseball plyer wow ur not athletic"

Default "ogn ur baseball plyer wow ur not athletic"

The typical response to whenever Baseball comes up.
    I am repeatedly mocked by my peers because baseball "requires absolutely no athletic skills whatsoever." How does playing baseball make you "unathletic omg ur no lief loser! go play a reel sp0rt ok????"

The Top Reasons My Classmates Believe Baseball is teh Phail!1one

1. "Only fat americans play it."

Oh really? You have to be fat to play baseball? So those who steal bases are fat? lrn2fact.

2. "It requires no athleticsm whatsoever".

It requires a lot of athleticsm. It may not require stamina but quickness is a huge part of baseball. Speed and strength is also a big component in being successful at baseball. Yes, some of the power hitters are slow, and some are the DH (Designated Hitter for those who don't know) but they're extremely quick with the bat.

3. "So easy to hit a ball".

What, are you on crack? Your T-Ball days don't count. You're hitting a moving target within less than a second.
    A fastball is already pretty hard to hit. You add in a changeup, slider and curveball and you have a good pitcher. Location and speed changes will fool a batter easily.

There are no set plays in baseball. A pitcher won't throw a certain pitch at a certain count. You can expect a curveball and be welcomed with high heat. It's not easy.

4. "All the hitters use steroids."
    True, players have used steroids in the past. But every sport has had players arrested for assault charges, sexual assault, substance abuse (alcohol, ****s), weaponry charges etc.

5. "ez sp0rt to play u haf to be lazy to play"
    Really. Why are you always cowering when a ball is hit towards you?
    It's not easy to make a diving catch, or to play a funny bounce. It's not easy to throw 95MPH.

/end rant.
    Spoiler!

I agree with everything you said, but I still think baseball is boring.

idk... you have your reasons to play baseball, they have their... false reasons for not liking it. I don't like it because it is boring.

Soccer is the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Never really seen a fat baseball player. My job has a baseball team (oh god it sucks) but I am considering playing. (I get out of work early sometimes lolol)

most people dont like baseball as a sport cause its basically stand there hit, catch, throw. and then run bases.
    but it does take skill.

on the other hand if you want to really complain about a sports like that, a better one would be golf, you just knock a ball into a golpher hole.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OmnP527Dw[/youtube]

or bowling, you just throw a ball down a lane...

My mommy says I'm not supposed to tell strangers >_>

Those have got to be the lamest excuses to not like baseball. Especially the Fat reason, almost made my milk run through my nose.

I'm not a big baseball fan (or even a sports fan), but if you're going to hate something, at least hate it for reasons that makes sense. (Well, the steroids reason is kinda reasonable, but what sport hasn't had steroid cases. It won't be long until you start hearing stories for Golf.)

Click to enter my YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but I still think baseball is boring.

idk... you have your reasons to play baseball, they have their... false reasons for not liking it. I don't like it because it is boring.

Soccer is the way!
    I used to love soccer, but idiot ballhog c*** f**s killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turles View Post
    Never really seen a fat baseball player. My job has a baseball team (oh god it sucks) but I am considering playing. (I get out of work early sometimes lolol)
    You should join.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    most people dont like baseball as a sport cause its basically stand there hit, catch, throw. and then run bases.
    but it does take skill.

on the other hand if you want to really complain about a sports like that, a better one would be golf, you just knock a ball into a golpher hole.

There's not a ton of action, but when there is, it's really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ThyGamePlaya View Post
    Those have got to be the lamest excuses to not like baseball. Especially the Fat reason, almost made my milk run through my nose.

I'm not a big baseball fan (or even a sports fan), but if you're going to hate something, at least hate it for reasons that makes sense. (Well, the steroids reason is kinda reasonable, but what sport hasn't had steroid cases. It won't be long until you start hearing stories for Golf.)
    The fat reason infuriates me the most.
    Spoiler!

Any sport can be played by any one (except Michael Moore, besides the point)

as for Soccer, I love it, and the coach loves me as a defender because i can read people so well. I can ground people without even touching them, and even if I do, it is NOT a foul.

My record : 3 Crotch shots in 5 minutes on the other team. All benched.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

I've played baseball and I found it quite easy only because I am athletic. It requires great hand-eye coordination and you need to be fast to run those bases before the ball gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    but it does take skill.

Funny a$ F**k!

So what?
    Smart people are supposed to do everything but they don't.
    We all deal with these stereotypes, and i think it's your turn. ;)
    I know my priest looks ugly, but w/e: