Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What are the stats on Reverse (growth) weapons? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are the stats on Reverse (growth) weapons?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    lol, seriously?
    The trade off for being lukless is you are limited on your equips. If you don't want to be limited, then you add luk. Most other classes are like that. That said with decently scrolled lukless items you will still be doing as much or likely more than reverse item mages.

French, not that this belongs here but the trade off for being an axe warrior is obscenly cheap equips and scrolls. Granted you need to obscenely scroll to keep up with avg swords, but that's just the way it goes.

Nexon adds new stuff all the time, and my guess is eventually they'll rebalance. But you chose the class/build so stop complaining :P

That said, hunting time was about as much fun as plucking my entire head of hair one strand at a time. I think i'd rather hunt nependeaths honey again. It was the most miserable experience of my maple career. So much so that I couldn't bear the thought of using a stim on my reverse spear, the 10% risk was just too much. Thankfully it still ended up above avg, and i scrolled it decently.
    Yea, ummm, that's not really an option for me (see my HP LUKless guide). Pretty much, if I were to raise LUK to normal, my damage would SUCK (right now it's roughly on par with a low luck with the same equips). As far as actual need for this sorta gear, nah it isn't really there, but it kinda bugs me that not just the wands and staves (like I say, I've got a HP bonus that I rather like to add to my HP build). It's just kinda lame in the armor department, that damage is all great due to somewhat decent stuff, but you don't really get like new armor, like... ever. And then this new growth stuff comes along, and who is it for? The people who already have all the armor. If I had a little better armor, with my HP, I could probably take a hit or so from crog, but I can't right now short of MG. Yea, there are balance issues, and I'm sure other classes will tell me that "I have it worse." But I got all into the Magatia crafting quests hoping to be able to craft my own armor. And they don't have stuff like snowshoes, earrings, or capes (anything I might be able to wear), or even the ability to make gear for my other classes. In other words, I think what has me more upset is not that I don't have anything cool new, but that the Craft skill is (aside from the Warm Scrolls, which are only 10% anyway) a totally pointless waste of time. Even if the level was 150 rather than 120, and half the stats of the 120 one, if I could actually wear something I MADE, this would be wonderful.

I don't mind hunting, it helps me level like crazy. It's pointless hunting I mind.

EDIT: Correction, Maple actually finally did give overalls, through Bosshunter Gi. But it's untradeable, so I have to either look for a Scissors version (likely expensive) or hunt bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Yea, ummm, that's not really an option for me (see my HP LUKless guide). Pretty much, if I were to raise LUK to normal, my damage would SUCK (right now it's roughly on par with a low luck with the same equips). As far as actual need for this sorta gear, nah it isn't really there, but it kinda bugs me that not just the wands and staves (like I say, I've got a HP bonus that I rather like to add to my HP build). It's just kinda lame in the armor department, that damage is all great due to somewhat decent stuff, but you don't really get like new armor, like... ever. And then this new growth stuff comes along, and who is it for? The people who already have all the armor. If I had a little better armor, with my HP, I could probably take a hit or so from crog, but I can't right now short of MG. Yea, there are balance issues, and I'm sure other classes will tell me that "I have it worse." But I got all into the Magatia crafting quests hoping to be able to craft my own armor. And they don't have stuff like snowshoes, earrings, or capes (anything I might be able to wear), or even the ability to make gear for my other classes. In other words, I think what has me more upset is not that I don't have anything cool new, but that the Craft skill is (aside from the Warm Scrolls, which are only 10% anyway) a totally pointless waste of time. Even if the level was 150 rather than 120, and half the stats of the 120 one, if I could actually wear something I MADE, this would be wonderful.

I don't mind hunting, it helps me level like crazy. It's pointless hunting I mind.

EDIT: Correction, Maple actually finally did give overalls, through Bosshunter Gi. But it's untradeable, so I have to either look for a Scissors version (likely expensive) or hunt bosses.
    Bosshunter Gis aren't untradeable, unless they did that in this last patch. I saw one for sale about a week ago, and we bought the item to make wiggy's a long while back.

Btw, get general all-purpose mage equips (zhelm/targa helm, ht pendant) and go low luk and you can easily wear the lvl 48 armor. If you can get just enough luk to wear a reverse aes hand (there's a thread on sleepywood about it), low-luk bishops are actually stronger than lukless now. And if you're doing that, voila, all new gear!
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

That's the point, you did choose a build not normally 'intended' by Nexon/Wizet. The Reverse weapons helped kill the "zomg pro i hav no stat' classes. I'm a huge fan of the "low" stat classes after 130, and these reverse weapons helped promote that.

Spoiler!

Is there a point to Hp built mages? You are not going to be 3rd job forever. Plus, I was able to survive himes on iheal4int at lvl 67 with NO hp gear other then the normal boosts i get from normal equips. These reverse weps are not made to hurt your build like you are implying. They are made to help the "normal" builds that already have to sacrifice int to add the luk that's needed for their gear. If you hate having to wear the same armor for the rest of your maple "life", maybe you should have rethought your choice on class/build.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

If there were no difference between a "statless" class and the regular builds, no one would bother with it. Statless classes, or wacky builds like hp lukless mages trade off their secondary stat and the equips that go with it.

They're constantly coming out with new equips for both types of builds. But growth weapons for a lukless class would basically make it even more pointless to ever have a normal build. At least there's some form of class balance. Beyond that, with zhelms, and newer scrolls, and horntail pendants with eggs, you can severly limit your luk and still wear somewhat normal clothing.

Without even trying my lukless bishop has enough luk to wear a mystic shield, and I have nothing at all scrolled for luk. In fact it's all in a zhelm and a couple points tossed here or there. If I tried, I'm sure i could get enough to wear most anything that I would deem worth while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaosBeoulve View Post
    Bosshunter Gis aren't untradeable, unless they did that in this last patch. I saw one for sale about a week ago, and we bought the item to make wiggy's a long while back.

Btw, get general all-purpose mage equips (zhelm/targa helm, ht pendant) and go low luk and you can easily wear the lvl 48 armor. If you can get just enough luk to wear a reverse aes hand (there's a thread on sleepywood about it), low-luk bishops are actually stronger than lukless now. And if you're doing that, voila, all new gear!
    Huh, mebbe I will do that. Zhelm's probably a ways off for me, though (haven't done any Z-quests and don't have 100mil). As far as the Bosshunter Gi, hiddenstreet's equip section says it can't be sold or something.

As far as the Bosshunter Gi, hiddenstreet's equip section says it can't be sold or something.
    I don't think that's right. We'll get a screenshot of wiggy's later to verify.
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Cant be right, they were sellable before karma scissors, unless it's changed recently. I'll check tonight and update hs if it's incorrect. I don't know why out of all the forging itcg stuff, the gi would be different than everything else

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Default I just made a Gi ...

...and it's tradable. All of the bosshunter stuff is I 'm pretty sure.
    Have you edit your wiki? http://hswindia.wikispaces.com/ WTF are you waiting for?