Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
I wanna get stickied too! (HP-Lukless Cleric) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I wanna get stickied too! (HP-Lukless Cleric)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

What exactly do you plan to do at 120? Ultimates define the mage class, there is NO arguing that. Angel Ray is extremely slow and weak for the time it takes to cast, and training with a single hit attack after 120 is going to be over the top with pot costs. Even when I use a lvl 190+ bishop, spam healing decent exp monsters like Skelegons takes FOREVER.

Being different has its place. I don't think anyone should be too realistic or too romantic. Some people stick to cold calculations and choose realism, and it obviously doesn't work.
    You stick to a romantic view of the world (obviously) and it just won't work either. In Maplestory, or any endeavor, you MUST achieve a balance between practicality and romanticism. I'm not trying to argue that you are not a unique person with unique traits, but don't try to pass these impractical traits off as practical.

The guide reads as if it was a very legitimate and effecient way to lvl a cleric, when it has been proven NOT to be. While I cannot debate whether or not a person may have fun with this; it is obvious this shouldn't be the basis for anyone's build.

Your main reason for this build is obviously your personal individuality. People who would want a character like this aren't going to go looking for a guide because they are Romantics. They believe in the individual power, so THEY will create their own "person", just as you have done. Guides are generally for people that need a good solid and tested foundation to build themselves upon.

-Yes, this may be a bit "super srs" for Maple, but who we are online is a direct reflection of ourselves-

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I personally think MG is fine in its place, and fine for Wizards. I really do, and that place is extremely high damage like Black Crow. But it has a few serious flaws:

1)It wears off too quickly for my taste.
    MG lasts a lot longer than most buffs

Drake

Try READING before criticizing please. A slash typically denotes an OR statement. I tried alot of different things before settling on this, and I've come to disagree with the statement that clerics are a "support" class. Every class was made so that it could do well on its own or else they wouldn't have made it. Clerics/Priests/Bishops are good against undead and dark enemies. So really, the ONLY difference is that some HP is put in. Comparing this to the (what is it now, 3rd version?) Str Mage, I don't see why this is so odd. At least mine does tolerable damage.

I never said you MUST use NX to bump this, I said you CAN, in fact at 360 which it was earlier, damage was still very good. Don't knock things until you've tried them. I've tried MG (while fighting Papulatus) and I found I needed a ton of potions to stay alive (would have anyway, due to one of his abilities which seems to 1/1 drain).
    1stly, I never thought STR mages were a good idea. It is pointless as mages don't have mastery + many other factors which I am too lazy to list down as it is quite obvious that STR build mage is just for fun only.

Cleric's aren't a support class ? Don't make me laugh. There is a reason why they have the most party friendly skills in the game ( heal , dispel, ress, bless, HS ) Their damage is complete crap compared to other jobs assuming equal funding. You might think the damage you do is tolerable, but the truth is you just haven't seen really good damage which will make yours look abysmal.

Don't try to convince me that this build is feasible by claiming you have tried many things while you assume I haven't experimented any new builds. I have screwed up so many maple characters I've lost count. I was probably one of the 1st HB mules in Maple back in 2005. ( By accident I only pumped HB and didn't have Mastery and I didn't have Increase Max HP so it was completely useless other than it had maxed HB by lvl 43 =.= ) So don't make your own assumptions as well.

Conclusion: Don't make a build just for the sake of being different. 2/10 build.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Drake

Just to get my two cents in, the phrase "if everyone jumped off a cliff, would you?" is the stupidest phrase ever. What you are talking about and jumping off a cliff are two totally different things.

And if everyone was jumping off a cliff, I'm sure there's a valid reason why.
    Spoiler!

My MP is nearly six times greater than my HP (About 2000 and 12000)

If I jump in lava which does about 250 damage, I see a bit of my HP move but my MP does not budge, yet it takes 80% of that 250 damage.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

*Jumps off the cliff in Crimsonwood*
    *Dies painfully, getting torn up by pillar*

To answer your question (or blunt-ended comment) SienZ1991. I HAVE tried other things. I experimented with Low Luk. I experimented with Str Mage (early point, damage SUCKED). I experimented with HP low luk after being disappointed at how often I had to use MG once I got to higher levels. I also find it kinda difficult dealing with something which while recovering fast, does not heal like hp. So for clerics I decided that this is the solution. The strongest objection seems to be the scrapping MP to boost HP (and let's face it, it doesn't help matters, since each HP wash would erase 58 MP per 6 hp)

Okay, let's assume this. I don't like MG but I'm sure many people do, so let's assume normal MP for MG usage. I instead raise HP starting at level 40 (as if doing a low luk build), equip good INT/LUK armour as well as maple weapons high in hp boosts, and of course Spiegelman pendant. This should result in 40 levels of hp raising, which probably builds a couple level equivalents and I have the rough equivalent of a low luk priest in damage.

My MP is nearly six times greater than my HP (About 2000 and 12000)
    Go with it then. If this hp is high enough to take that amount of damage, use MG for any condition you really need it, and anything you don't, don't use it. The point of heal is to recover minor hits, and for that it does its job.

Cleric's aren't a support class ? Don't make me laugh. There is a reason why they have the most party friendly skills in the game ( heal , dispel, ress, bless, HS ) Their damage is complete crap compared to other jobs assuming equal funding. You might think the damage you do is tolerable, but the truth is you just haven't seen really good damage which will make yours look abysmal.
    Not they aren't. A true lukless priest which has totally maxed out everything can do alot of damage. It's relative though. Heal is pretty decent DPS (plus you don't really even need to pay attention since anything short of killing you is completely healed) as is claw, even if it isn't hot damage. Get over yourself. I've seen paladins and such dealing in the 10,000 or more digits. But it also isn't worth beans if they can't hit anything. I don't care. The point ISN'T to make a cleric that can pass for a fighter or some crap like that. It's to make a slightly more defensively balanced character, and make it deal more damage than it would had it been raised that way from level one. I don't want a character that can solo bosses. The HP priest should at the very least be able to STAND normal enemies, without taking any real action though. For bosses, yes, you are a support character. But it isn't necessarily set in stone, that you must play this role. If it were, why would cleric and priest attack spells even exist?
    I picked this video because it's a pretty good example of how you don't have to deal high damage to be decent anyway.
    Later, with maxed SR for the record.
    Warrior damage is good, but unstable (I saw certain atks within the 5000 range above, and some 15000 or higher).

I'll tell you one thing, it is more challenging (needlessly so, but nothing on this Earth can convince me to change it).

Banned

After taking a good 45 minutes of my time to read the first page I've realized the OP is an incredibly huge coward. If anything you're just being an intolerable prick that thinks they shouldn't die and that people should shut up because you play your class wrong.

They're only asking for buffs because YOU are meant to provide them. Cleric is in no way anything but a support class, and yes I have played one. I loved my cleric, all I did was spam heal, cast bless every now and then, and dodge around enemies. Yeah sure that does get a bit bland until later on but hey, that's the class for you.

Please make a video showing off how you play + your damage. I'm not trying to be an ass but the way you play (as I can see from this thread) is just horrible.

Drake

OK, to start off let's take a look at other jobs who choose to pump AP into HP.

Warriors : Blood warriors used to be a thing at one point, until Nexon introduced the power guard accuracy formula which screwed them all over. Only possible usage of them now is as HP mules to loot helms in Zakum runs.

Bowmen : Many are now pumping 50 Ap into HP from lvl 120~130, so that they can join HT runs earlier without washing HP. Same goes for NLs, (I'm not very sure about Captains but I'm assuming the same is happening) Reason why the loss of AP doesn't screw them over is because for these classes wa plays a bigger role in deciding their damage rather than DEX/LUK.

Vipers : Well, at least it's a bit worth it since they have Increase Max HP. But most Vipers I know wash anyway. Shadowers usually pump into HP as well as their main roles in Boss Fights is as baits / Smokescreen. Plus they have Meso Guard.

Mages : Nothing much to say about them to be honest, only good in training / elemental bosses which won't 1hitko them. And they have Magic Guard to rely on for survivability.

Bishops : One of the worst classes to pump AP into HP. Why ?? Well lets take a look at it damage wise first. 1 INT = 1 Magic Attack. It is the class where AP affects damage the most. From the survivability point of view, you don't have increase max HP, so the HP you get will be minimal. Plus, besides Magic Guard, you have Invincible to reduce Physical Damage. If you want survivability, you'll be better off investing in HP equips, rather than pumping AP into HP and getting good gear to compensate for your damage. Remember, Maple Warrior boosts base stats only. Besides that, it is a lot easier and cheaper to just go Pure INT and get good HP gear rather than the other way round.

BTW, I have a Pure INT Bishop and I've played other DPS classes as well. Bishops / Priests are never wanted for damage, even in training parties. Your job is usually to just circle the map continuously giving Bless, HS, Heal occasionally and possibly Dispel, which brings us back to my point about them being a support class. I don't really get your example of a Paladin, because a godly Pally can easily deal 7xk + on a Holy weak monster with Blast. And I don't understand the part about not being able to hit anything, possibly you mean low accuracy ? Still, that example is flawed, in case you didn't know, Paladin's Heaven's Hammer deals constant 200k damage to 15 targets every 20 secs. It's a 100% hit regardless of accuracy and even goes thru super wep def. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove with that example.

True, damage is a relative thing. And from my experience Bishops only start to shine in terms of DPH ( damage per hit ) when they get maxed Genesis and go to Skeles. Even then Arch Mages can beat them quite easily with Ele Wands and Amp. In terms of DPS, Bowmen , NLs and Captains are top-tier picks, there's no argument there. But I'm still struggling to pick out a class other than the forementioned 3 that will lose out to Bishops. About your argument about Heal being decent DPS, it contradicts your point about warrior's damages being unstable, as Heal is the most unstable damage dealing spell in the game, other than Slash Blast's FA. Try healing one undead monster and then heal six, then you'll see what I mean.

Bishops :
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Paladin's Heaven's Hammer, It's a 100% hit regardless of accuracy and even goes thru super wep def.
    I just blew a huge load reading this, I did not know that about Heavens Hammer.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    OK, to start off let's take a look at other jobs who choose to pump AP into HP.

Warriors : Blood warriors used to be a thing at one point, until Nexon introduced the power guard accuracy formula which screwed them all over. Only possible usage of them now is as HP mules to loot helms in Zakum runs.

Bowmen : Many are now pumping 50 Ap into HP from lvl 120~130, so that they can join HT runs earlier without washing HP. Same goes for NLs, (I'm not very sure about Captains but I'm assuming the same is happening) Reason why the loss of AP doesn't screw them over is because for these classes wa plays a bigger role in deciding their damage rather than DEX/LUK.

Vipers : Well, at least it's a bit worth it since they have Increase Max HP. But most Vipers I know wash anyway. Shadowers usually pump into HP as well as their main roles in Boss Fights is as baits / Smokescreen. Plus they have Meso Guard.

Mages : Nothing much to say about them to be honest, only good in training / elemental bosses which won't 1hitko them. And they have Magic Guard to rely on for survivability.

Bishops : One of the worst classes to pump AP into HP. Why ?? Well lets take a look at it damage wise first. 1 INT = 1 Magic Attack. It is the class where AP affects damage the most. From the survivability point of view, you don't have increase max HP, so the HP you get will be minimal. Plus, besides Magic Guard, you have Invincible to reduce Physical Damage. If you want survivability, you'll be better off investing in HP equips, rather than pumping AP into HP and getting good gear to compensate for your damage. Remember, Maple Warrior boosts base stats only. Besides that, it is a lot easier and cheaper to just go Pure INT and get good HP gear rather than the other way round.

BTW, I have a Pure INT Bishop and I've played other DPS classes as well. Bishops / Priests are never wanted for damage, even in training parties. Your job is usually to just circle the map continuously giving Bless, HS, Heal occasionally and possibly Dispel, which brings us back to my point about them being a support class. I don't really get your example of a Paladin, because a godly Pally can easily deal 7xk + on a Holy weak monster with Blast. And I don't understand the part about not being able to hit anything, possibly you mean low accuracy ? Still, that example is flawed, in case you didn't know, Paladin's Heaven's Hammer deals constant 200k damage to 15 targets every 20 secs. It's a 100% hit regardless of accuracy and even goes thru super wep def. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove with that example.

True, damage is a relative thing. And from my experience Bishops only start to shine in terms of DPH ( damage per hit ) when they get maxed Genesis and go to Skeles. Even then Arch Mages can beat them quite easily with Ele Wands and Amp. In terms of DPS, Bowmen , NLs and Captains are top-tier picks, there's no argument there. But I'm still struggling to pick out a class other than the forementioned 3 that will lose out to Bishops. About your argument about Heal being decent DPS, it contradicts your point about warrior's damages being unstable, as Heal is the most unstable damage dealing spell in the game, other than Slash Blast's FA. Try healing one undead monster and then heal six, then you'll see what I mean.
    This is good. Though I would rule that defense, rather than offense is the real point of raising for a bishop. If you can avoid 1hko, then you can probably just do support, which is a sizable portion of your purpose (I still don't believe it's your ONLY purpose, but a big portion). As to HP equips, of my current HP roughly 300 or so of it is in equips.