Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I wanna get stickied too! (HP-Lukless Cleric)

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    I think the other "wanna be stickied" thread go locked on accident.
    Rofl, that's classic.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

K here's my final argument before the (not so) inevitable close.

You know that area has alot of strong enemies? Have you actually bothered looking at their exp? Or do you just hear that "Skeles are the fastest?" For me, the risk assessment of braving something that does 3k damage is not worth it (especially if as you say there is a cooldown period). Yes, you were right, ppl had trouble training when Skeles and such didn't exist, but you're overlooking an important detail. That was also before Ultimates. If like you say, they define the class wholly, there are still always two models, DPH and DPS. In terms of this attack, this works more defensively than offensively, that is, if you can't 1hko the enemies, you pick enemies that allow you more than 2hits. This means you either mass a whole bunch of himes (you'd still have two concerns, their spawn while you cooldown, and the possibility of that Tengu boss), or pick some of the creatures nearby that are close to the area but not as offensively strong as Skeles. Hmmm, Jr. Newties are nearby...

Jr. Newtie Level: 105 HP/MP: 68,000/200 EXP: 3,800
    Magic Atk: 550
    About 1.9k damage (I've tested this at level 80)

Skelosaurus Level: 113 HP/MP: 85,000/250 EXP: 4,750 Mesos: ? KB: 5,000
    Magic Atk: 670
    Roughly 3440 damage

This means, I CAN take 2hit damage, in theory anyway. The way these enemies are set up is also pretty weird, as you can be in attack range of two of them, or none of them, since they are nested So let's see, 3/4 exp (more actually, but let's not be too nitpicky), for half damage, and kill time is 6/8. Yea, I know I still have to watch out for Nest Golems, but they have very interesting stats.

Nest Golem Level: 110 HP/MP: 80,000/240 EXP: 8,050 Mesos: ? KB: 5,000
    Magic Atk: 650
    Roughly 2880-3k damage

My sources
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBAIaZGqQvs (for Newties)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lay8l7C78s (Skele, Nest Golem map)

Hmmm, slightly lower damage (still dangerous), but I gain two for the price of one Skele (unless that's a typo), for about 5k less HP on their part. Plus, the area seems segmented by level. Meaning while I fight Nest Golems with genesis all the Skeles above get caught in the crossfire. True, it will take longer, since Holy isn't in the most effective list for Nests. But, down below there are plenty of places to rest (ladders and such) while I recover from MP drain or wait for enough time to heal. And, the Newties don't care if I heal.

Besides, as I've told you before (I think), just cause I typically don't use MG doesn't mean I don't have it fully MAXED. I could conceivably go there with MG on and last for long enough to Genesis 2 or however times many it takes. With higher hp, MP loss is less of a drain on either my hp or mp. This definitely beats the last minute pot, because I only have to use when I'm close to running out on MP. My MP is high enough for that kinda thing, I suppose. But why put myself through that trouble is there are comparable enemies for slightly less risk?

You know, I could also simply summon Bahamut, and have him do all my major damage. No lag, no cooldown, no skele problem. It would be conceivably much slower though. Ugh, probably not.

Btw, just for giggles, I looked up Hime. It wouldn't be unthinkable to do this until 200, and just switch to Genesis.

Dreamy Ghost Level: 100 HP/MP: 68,000/350 EXP: 3,200 Mesos: 697-1020 KB: 300
    About the same as Newties
    (weak to Holy)

So why would you up the challenge twofold to train on something that gives only 1/4 more exp?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 2nd January 2010 at 01:27 AM.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Jr. Newtie Level: 105 HP/MP: 68,000/200 EXP: 3,800
    Magic Atk: 550
    About 1.9k damage (I've tested this at level 80)

Skelosaurus Level: 113 HP/MP: 85,000/250 EXP: 4,750 Mesos: ? KB: 5,000
    Magic Atk: 670
    Roughly 3440 damage

Newtie:Skelosaurus = 1:1.25 HP, 1:1.25 EXP

It's a direct scale up. Your build gets in the way of simple progress. If the move were something like
    Trucker Level: 48 HP/MP: 3,000/50 EXP: 160to
    Hoodoo Level: 60 HP/MP: 6,800/200 EXP: 335
    where the ratio is 1:2.266 HP and 1:2.09375 EXP, then that argument might be the slightest bit feasible. But Newties have the same HP:EXP ratio as Skeles, meaning your guide simply prevents the step forward to a better training grounds.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    "don't knock it 'till you've tried it"
    -resists temptation to say something about ****s-
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You are worried about pot costs. You are worried about tanking damage. You want to be able to solo train and actually come out with profit.
    May I suggest something new? Just follow the standard lukless (PURE lukless) build and get Genesis. Go to Gallopera. Buy a 30 day 2x drop card (it's less than 10k nx, so you can probably just make it MTSing).
    Genesis the fk outta those Gallops and loot everything. With 2x drop, they drop bags of mesos, power elixers up the butt (eventually you won't need to buy pots), power crystals, garnets, equips, bullets, etc items, 60% gfas, everything! They are weak to holy and have less than 50k hp. They give 2.5k exp clean and they are set up for ultimates. My bishop friend in Galicia makes about 7m+ per card and makes more power elixers than he uses. If you do EVERY card for 30 days, that's 210m, godly exp, and more power elixers than you will know what to do with. If you want more 2x drop, sell leech. Leechers help your exp now, and they will be willing to gift you 2x drops to sit there for 4 hours. Every DK will be more than willing to stay and provide HB for free lvling (and you use fewer pots).

If you really want a build that saves pots, a regular lukless/lowluk bishop is the way to go.

Spoiler!

Banned

Okay, let's just end it with this note.

Why the **** do you think having more HP is going to save in pots? Magic Guard PREVENTS Hp damage so you only have to use MP pots most of the time.

In addition, having more INT RAISES MP and magic damage, so I don't know why you can't grasp this knowledge.

/srsanger.

I just sent in a request to close this thread, as it really needs it.
    lol himes to 200
    Last edited by emailbox; 4th January 2010 at 10:10 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Banned

Speaking of that, I'm going to check sleepywood on this build again XD

edit: no new posts for that thread :|

Banned

[Close] This thread [/Close]