Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Planned Page/WK Build. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planned Page/WK Build.

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Hybrid Paladin build = fail. I'm now rushing for a class but I'll be back to edit this post and elaborate further why.

EDIT :

FA is a must for pages. There will be times when you use power strike and it proc-ing will help you. Going hybrid just to save money is only feasible for Heros, as Element charges are weapon based and there are 3 of them =.="'

Fails because of 2 reasons. Early charged blow and no Lightning. No point having both Flame charge and Fire charge. Charged blow is freakishly useless until you get ACB that makes it spammable. No lightning means you're reducing one of your main strengths as a WK : To exploit elemental weaknesses of monsters coz seriously on most neutral mobs we stink. No lightning = No Spirit Vikings for you and many other bosses such as Anego , Black Crow , and most Neo Tokyo bosses if they come to GMS. Taking out monster magnet in 4th to replace Lightning sounds nice, but in reality it delays all your other 4th job skills. Never plan a Skill Build assuming you'll use all SP obtained after lvl 200 is achieved. By 150 you should have maxed all your core skills =.="'
    I agree.

First, FA is very useful for Power Strike. It increases your DPS by a lot, and there will be a lot of times you use Power Strike... Like, against single targets until your 14x or so. Some people do choose to skip FA because of its mobbing penalty, but I see that done more often with fighters, because they'll get Brandish right at 120, while Paladins will be focusing on mobbing with ACB first. (Except in pure HH builds, but let's assume you aren't going to do that.)

Second, not having lightning until when you'd be getting Monster Magnet... Yeesh. I agree that Monster Magnet is useless, but you can't wait that long for Lightning Charge... And Sienz is right, never plan a build assuming you'll get to 200. You have to realize, most people never even get to 150. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it's the truth. Even if you plan on playing a long time, there's no denying that you'll be spending longer and longer to level after 130, and having fun and useful skills at that point is a must to help you stay motivated and level.

Third... I don't see you saving THAT much money. Honestly, you can just get a decent-scrolled Japanese Map at 50 and use it until like level 80 or 120, depending on how good it is. (Japanese Maps are Fast(4), the fastest that swords get, so they beat much higher attack Normal speed swords. My 84 attack Map beats a 107 attack Normal speed sword in DPS.) If your DEX is low, you might want to pick up an ACC-scrolled Lion's Fang and/or a Rohen as well. Aside from the Rohen, it's not that bad...

In this build, you'd be using swords at what, 95 or so? That's just when they start to get really expensive... And that's around when you'd first be in the market for a new sword anyway, if you'd gone pure sword.

Anyway, with Maker, a decent sword isn't hard to get unless you're SUPER poor. And if you're THAT poor that you can't afford to scroll at all, you're better off with swords, since BWs rely on better scrolling to keep up with swords...

If you like BWs, go BW. With a Crushed Skull, you're almost as good as swords in DPS... Or at least, compared to Axe Heroes, you'll come out ahead. (Crushed Skulls aren't that cheap, but cheaper than endgame swords...)

EDIT: I notice you said to pick up 2h sword scrolls. If you are short on money at all, do NOT self-scroll a 2h sword. Instead, buy prescrolled. Swords are popular and there are many good ones out there already. The people who drive up scroll prices are trying to scroll godly ones, so they sell the merely good ones at cheap prices relative to the cost of scrolling them. This is true for any reasonably established server, and I think Bellocan fits that bill fairly well, though I don't know much about their prices.
    Spoiler!

Charge Blow range with a 1h bw is pretty horrible, BUT combined with rush, you're pretty much always in position to hit with it anyway, so it's mostly a non-issue. Only problem is after a couple of CBs, the monsters are now out of range (but why aren't you rushing forward for more monsters, anyways?). CB is good for training, while blast is good for bossing. Thus, it's not a problem to need to rush to keep monsters in your CB range. Maybe I can get a video of my paladin training in ToT to show what I mean.

I'd suggest picking one side and sticking with it. Swords > BW, but the only equalizer is that a well scrolled crushed skull with an attack shield can keep up nicely. No, you're not going to compete with someone with a GM'd lunchbox or the 1h reverse sword, but meh. I love my crushed skull, and I'm currently trying to scroll a better one. Only blown up 8 in a row right now...T_T

And if attack speed is a concern, make a Thunder Breaker (on another account) and get SI. Voila, now you're attacking almost as fast as the fast sword counterparts=)

Horseman, Crow, and Qualm level enemies in ToT are all lightning weak, so you'll want lightning to rip them a new one.
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Drake

Thunder Breakers don't have Speed Infusion if I remember correctly. And IMO Lvling up a lvl 130 Viper for SI is not worth it as it will leech away a lot of EXP.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Quote Originally Posted by SienZ1991 View Post
    Thunder Breakers don't have Speed Infusion if I remember correctly. And IMO Lvling up a lvl 130 Viper for SI is not worth it as it will leech away a lot of EXP.
    Thunder Breakers get it at either 100 or 110.
    by Cryopon

I always thought Qualm Guardians where weak to Fire too, I know Crow and Anego are big bosses and thunder has the highest Weakness Multiplier maybe dropping passive MP recovery would work, but I personally like saving Money But as someone said earlier, Maker skill. That sorta ruined everything I had hoped for in this build, But I think this build whould have been viable if maker diden't exist, heh.. I'm gonna try the build still, just with some alterations. that will come when I think of them, Pardon my FAIL.

Banned

Pages really can't hybrid without serious draw backs. Just face it, you can't.
    You can but it won't work out well.

Drake

Having a weak char that saves money < Having a strong char that consumes more money but is capable of farming back more money in the long run
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !