Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Planned Page/WK Build.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planned Page/WK Build.

Icon1 Planned Page/WK Build.

My First post Hooray! I hope this is the correct section.
    DISCLAIMER:I do not advocate this build as "the Best or Strongest"

Foreword: I know Swords > BW by a fair bit Late game, but what about Proposing a Hybrid Alternitive for those who want a cheaper Early game? Thats what I'm trying to do, Now before you go "Spilt weapon charges /topic" I know each weapon has their own set of charges. So without further Ado, My Planned Build:

Page: Lv.30-70 Total Skill Points Available 121
    Training Spots
    Spoiler!

Skills: Basically the Meat and Potatos of this Post

First things first,
    Spoiler!

Reasoning: Swords are Store Bought/CPQ obtainable till 50 So you can Get Sword Mastery First without Penalty Like a normal Sword page, BW Mastery is MAINLY for 50+ But Early is better, so you don't have to worry, (Ideally you could get 6 Sword booster first but I like having 3 Threaten Early personally) 50+ you have to start finding/buying weapons from the FM so this is where BW's Shine. Their Cheapness. You'll be Saving Lots of Money, Upgrading your Equipment Slowly, LMPQ alot and Scrolling BW's, (Buying a Few 2h Sword scrolls in the meantime if you can spare) Booster Past 15 Seems like a Waste IMO Which is why I think this build is fairly Viable, but GASP No FA, I know, I know, Sounds like a Bad Idea, And it WILL Weaken you Until 120, (Probably 130) But It's less costly Now, And you'll still have a Great Lategame.

White Knight: 70-120: 151 Points
    Training Spots
    Spoiler!

Skills
    Spoiler!

Reasoning:
    You'll be using Blunt Weapons Till about 90-100 Basically your Endgame Swords When you Start Red Wyverns And Ice Charging, I opted for Fire Charge on Blunt Weapons because it's the most useful for the early portions of 70-90 You Really DON'T need thunder charge, But you can Opt to Take out Monster Magnet in 4th job near 200 to put a few points in Basically Now Paladin Goes the Same as a Normal Sword Paladin So you keep your Endgame the Same, but your Early game is signifigantly cheaper, and possibly better Due to BW's Cheap Scrolling Price, (even if late game BW's Are abit rare)

Thats my Plan for my Page to be (Currently level 21) Comments Welcome, No Bashing Unless I TOTALY Screwed up, even then, be gentle It's my first post here =) And Rather Long-Winded to boot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Foreword: I know Swords > BW by a fair bit Late game
    I stopped reading at this.
    CB is not a forced stab, and you ALWAYS open with CB. (Well if it's just one monster then yeaaaaa you use blast but CB is a really nice attack. Stun+Mob control)

Honestly I find BW and Swords pretty even.
    And they both have there pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by XeKia View Post
    I stopped reading at this.
    CB is not a forced stab, and you ALWAYS open with CB. (Well if it's just one monster then yeaaaaa you use blast but CB is a really nice attack. Stun+Mob control)

Honestly I find BW and Swords pretty even.
    And they both have there pros and cons.
    Damage Wise, maybe but not DPS, Considering CB Doesn't have Fixed range, (Blast DOES IIRC) And 2h BW's are stupidly slow, 1h BW's are great Auxes probably the best and closest to swords IMO, But they have shorter reach, which does make a diffrence. Altough I may have that Bass-Akwards In which you should Disregard that, Also CB may not be a forced stab but it's also not a forced slash, so you WILL hit less damage at some point, leaveing them at least slightly Weaker

Banned

I honestly don't see a huge difference with 2H BW and 2H Swords speeds, the range isn't all that big of a deal either since you open with CB making the monsters unable to attack you in the first place.

And honestly what is 10 pixels of extra reach going to do? If you're a person to rush in with Blast on a mob you're a horrible Paliden (Not saying you are). I think your build is interesting, but I'm just defending BW.

Also, don't forget page in itself IS a defencive class. Sure the extra reach is nice and all but I don't see the need for it. I'm maxing CB first above everything except for Divine Charge, the followed by Blast. Plus I like how cheap it is to scroll. Sure beats having to pay 2m per scroll instead of 500k.

I honestly don't see a huge difference with 2H BW and 2H Swords speeds, the range isn't all that big of a deal either since you open with CB making the monsters unable to attack you in the first place.

And honestly what is 10 pixels of extra reach going to do? If you're a person to rush in with Blast on a mob you're a horrible Paliden (Not saying you are). I think your build is interesting, but I'm just defending BW.

Also, don't forget page in itself IS a defencive class. Sure the extra reach is nice and all but I don't see the need for it. I'm maxing CB first above everything except for Divine Charge, the followed by Blast. Plus I like how cheap it is to scroll. Sure beats having to pay 2m per scroll instead of 500k.
    The Diffrence Between Slow And Normal is Noticable, honestly. plus a few mid game swords have Fast speed. (LionHeart, JapMap, Night Raven Wing) But yeah, I agree that BW's are Awesome. And Definately Cheaper through most of the game, But most people NPC BW's so they're abit harder to come by.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    The Diffrence Between Slow And Normal is Noticable, honestly. plus a few mid game swords have Fast speed. (LionHeart, JapMap, Night Raven Wing) But yeah, I agree that BW's are Awesome. And Definately Cheaper through most of the game, But most people NPC BW's so they're abit harder to come by.
    It must just be me then, I get used to the speed and I honestly think the extra attack on the BW makes up for it.

Anyway like I said, to each his own. I used to be a big sword user when I was a crusader (Axes were and still are worthless).

I prefer to hunt all my gear anyway, right there it's cheaper.
    Well I hope your hybrid build works out nicely for you.

Drake

Hybrid Paladin build = fail. I'm now rushing for a class but I'll be back to edit this post and elaborate further why.

EDIT :
    Swords are Store Bought/CPQ obtainable till 50 So you can Get Sword Mastery First without Penalty Like a normal Sword page, BW Mastery is MAINLY for 50+ But Early is better, so you don't have to worry, (Ideally you could get 6 Sword booster first but I like having 3 Threaten Early personally) 50+ you have to start finding/buying weapons from the FM so this is where BW's Shine. Their Cheapness. You'll be Saving Lots of Money, Upgrading your Equipment Slowly, LMPQ alot and Scrolling BW's, (Buying a Few 2h Sword scrolls in the meantime if you can spare) Booster Past 15 Seems like a Waste IMO Which is why I think this build is fairly Viable, but GASP No FA, I know, I know, Sounds like a Bad Idea, And it WILL Weaken you Until 120, (Probably 130) But It's less costly Now, And you'll still have a Great Lategame.
    FA is a must for pages. There will be times when you use power strike and it proc-ing will help you. Going hybrid just to save money is only feasible for Heros, as Element charges are weapon based and there are 3 of them =.="'

You'll be using Blunt Weapons Till about 90-100 Basically your Endgame Swords When you Start Red Wyverns And Ice Charging, I opted for Fire Charge on Blunt Weapons because it's the most useful for the early portions of 70-90 You Really DON'T need thunder charge, But you can Opt to Take out Monster Magnet in 4th job near 200 to put a few points in Basically Now Paladin Goes the Same as a Normal Sword Paladin So you keep your Endgame the Same, but your Early game is signifigantly cheaper, and possibly better Due to BW's Cheap Scrolling Price, (even if late game BW's Are abit rare)
    Fails because of 2 reasons. Early charged blow and no Lightning. No point having both Flame charge and Fire charge. Charged blow is freakishly useless until you get ACB that makes it spammable. No lightning means you're reducing one of your main strengths as a WK : To exploit elemental weaknesses of monsters coz seriously on most neutral mobs we stink. No lightning = No Spirit Vikings for you and many other bosses such as Anego , Black Crow , and most Neo Tokyo bosses if they come to GMS. Taking out monster magnet in 4th to replace Lightning sounds nice, but in reality it delays all your other 4th job skills. Never plan a Skill Build assuming you'll use all SP obtained after lvl 200 is achieved. By 150 you should have maxed all your core skills =.="'
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

hybrid paladin, don't do it, just don't.

it won't work because charges are weapon based and it's generally better to just stick with one weapon
    by Cryopon

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

(Axes were and still are worthless).
    I'm hurt by this. =(

Like SienZ said, the biggest problem with that build is no Lightning... and the fact that once you have Mastery, Sword DPS > Blunt Weapon DPS.

By the way, nobody here is forcing you to not use your build... go for it. New builds are always awesome. =D
    Not back. Front.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnexUK View Post
    I'm hurt by this. =(
    I'm no Hero expert but I heard Axe's lose out to Swords when using Brandish.
    I suppose? Stab/Slash is more in favor to a sword rather then an axe.