Thread: 3rd job build questions

Hybrid View

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default 3rd job build questions

I finally decided to get working on a Cygnus to 120, and wanted to have some fun with the character. I'm not going to leech him until at least lvl 108 (skeles), and even then, I may not leech.
    So, my build will matter. Keep in mind I will already have my bowman's gear (tons of dex/attack equips) and the lvl 14 bonus from my Bowmaster. Obviously, I'm going dexless and eventually 20 base White Fang user.

Anyone have experience in Thunder Breakers?

Here is my panned 2nd job build in no particular order:
    (121 points)

Improve MaxHP (10)
    Kunckle Mastery (19)
    Corkscrew (20)
    Energy Charge (20)
    Energy Blast (20)
    Lightening Charge (20)
    Kunckle Booster (12)-this puts it at 120 seconds, which will go nicely in a combo with Lightening Charge

If for some reason this build just WON'T work, please tell me. I have played a brawler, so I have a good amount of experience with using Charge/Blast/Corkscrew

Here is my 3rd job build (151 points)

Critical Punch (20)
    Transformation (10)
    Barrage (20)
    Speed Infusion (20)
    Spark (20)
    Shark Wave (30)

This leaves me with 31 points for Drain (20) and Shockwave (20)
    I would like to get shockwave to lvl 16 (so it hits 6 enemies) and drain to 15.
    I wouldn't need drain for the HP, I will most likely have an auto-pot, and pot costs are not an issue for me. I'm getting it to use as a single attack. I know both attacks are replaced quickly, but with shockwave on FatiAm, I could Hime very effectively.

-Note, I will almost always be at Himes once I can start hitting, since I have several characters that can kill crow. Finding a map will never be a problem, so keep this in mind when looking over my build-

Anyone have suggestions for this build?

Spoiler!

I do believe and I'm not positive, that speed infusion needs max booster to work.

My thunderbreaker is currently in the mid 80s. And it's amazingly fun.
    My build was something like this:
    Improve MaxHP (10)
    Kunckle Mastery (20)
    Corkscrew (11)
    Energy Charge (20)
    Energy Blast (20)
    Lightening Charge (20)
    Kunckle Booster (20)

Lightning charge is awesome at slimeys (you'll end up there at some point), Energy blast and energy charge MOW through windraiders once they get to a decent level.

Why didnt i max corkscrew? I just don't like it. I'm spoilt by rush, and having to charge it irritated me :P

For third job so far

Critical Punch - This makes you through around 10k's like candy
    Spark (1) - I have one in this so far, and I LOVE IT ( i just wished it'd last for a little while longer. Spark allows you to hit all the spiders in the pit of the wolf spider map, so you can safely charge up, then tackle the upper platforms with charge so you don't get beat up as much. It's an amazing skill.
    Shark Wave - It's amazingly nice to finally have a ranged mob attack. Between this, spark and charge I can easily train myself at wolfspiders and not get overwhelmed and mobbed.

I think tho, any build will really work for a thunderbreaker. They have awesome skills with pro's in whatever order you get them.

Im working on sharkwave now, I'm completely skipping shockwave for now. I don't really need it, but as I said, they're flexible. And there's so many awesome attacks to choose from that they're all bound to work together somewhere.

I can check what I'm actually at in terms of build right now, when i get home, it's been a little bit since ive played her. But you'll have so much fun :P Honestly, it's been a while since I could train myself in the 8x-9x and not spend a crapton of pots, or have to deal with windraiders some more t.t

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I actually liked using Corkscrew on FatiAm which is why I kind of wanted it. Since SI requires max booster, I'll keep Corkscrew at lvl 12 and Mastery at lvl 19, with everything else maxed. Is this build going to be okay?

This does sound like one of the most fun classes, especially since I liked normal Marauder so much.

Spoiler!

Yeah, corkscrew 11 still gives you quite a push. In fact a guild mate of mine preferred it over maxed which he did. In the end though, so long as you max energy charge and blast, you will be reaping down windraiders like no bodies business...

Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

From what I've read (and keep in mind I have little experience with higher level buccs/TBs), the damage over time of sharks is better than shockwave. You can (supposedly) get out two sharks in the time it takes for one shockwave, and combined with spark, its damage outshines it.

Just my two cents...>_>
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

You can use 3rd job points to max booster, since shockwave is fail. I left booster at 11 in 2nd job. Here's the build I'm going with

Spoiler!

IMO, getting sharkwave to hit 6 targets first is a must. It really speeds up training much more than crit first.
    Spoiler!