Thread: Experimental Build - "Reverse Warrior"

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default Experimental Build - "Reverse Warrior"

I mainly came up with this idea out of frustration, before I realized it was worth a ponder. Not sure and not taking credit for being the first one to think this up, if I'm not.

I call it a "reverse warrior" because you go low STR, instead of the focus on capping DEX, you cap STR at the minimum you need for your equips.
    You can close your jaw and someone wheel NegiWarrior to the E.R. now, yes I said minimum STR for equips and rest into DEX.

I think the idea is to use all STR-boosting equipments, not worry about missing anything, and going by whatever means possible to boost attack speed. So it's like, instead of fewer, slower hits, it's more, faster hits.

tl;dr what do you think if a warrior kept STR at the minimum needed for equips and put the rest into DEX?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Banned

It'd sure be more expensive than Low dex, but go for it!

Dex can be capped at 50 with someone with no funds and have absolutely no accuracy problems.
    Spoiler!

You are the best~~

Banned

Which is why I said it'd be way more expensive. <(Not exact words)

I don't really see any benefit to adding more DEX past the requirement for the Stonetooth. Sure, it'll make your damage more stable, but DEX really doesn't add that much damage to your range... So it's only really stable because it's lower. o_o

Plus, you're going to have a lot of STR to wear equips anyway. The level 110 armor requires 340 STR. You'd still have more STR than DEX. (~550 AP - 340 STR = 210 DEX.)

I think it'd be strictly worse than a warrior capped at 50 DEX, who could probably wear a Stonetooth using equips and could hit pretty much anything, yet would have higher damage due to much more STR.
    Spoiler!

Banned

He's just making it out of boredom, you see?

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by San-Lzu View Post
    Dex can be capped at 50 with someone with no funds and have absolutely no accuracy problems.
    I somehow don't believe that. I've got 70 DEX right now and I STILL can't hit some things around my level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulation View Post
    He's just making it out of boredom, you see?
    It's just a theory, I haven't the time or funding the actually try this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    I don't really see any benefit to adding more DEX past the requirement for the Stonetooth. Sure, it'll make your damage more stable, but DEX really doesn't add that much damage to your range... So it's only really stable because it's lower. o_o

Plus, you're going to have a lot of STR to wear equips anyway. The level 110 armor requires 340 STR. You'd still have more STR than DEX. (~550 AP - 340 STR = 210 DEX.)

I think it'd be strictly worse than a warrior capped at 50 DEX, who could probably wear a Stonetooth using equips and could hit pretty much anything, yet would have higher damage due to much more STR.
    Same as first quote response.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Worst idea ever if you actually wanted to keep a character going. It's like having a low dex BM. You can do it but.....
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Jon's (ithrow4luk) very first character from a few years ago actually did this. (not nearly as bad as my STR cleric though...)
    Bottom line: It didn't work. He could hit some more monsters, but the damage he did was extremely minimal.

I'm thinking you aren't playing your warrior correctly right now. I have started completely unfunded warriors and been more than fine up until lvl 50, even at 30 base dex. Scroll for accuracy or use maple weapons, or at least cap your dex a bit higher (70 is already extremely high).

This build has already been proven ineffective several times.

Spoiler!

=[ way2bring back painful memories of 2x in omega sector. Yes, this build has been proven to be horrible. My first char in maplestory was actually a fighter and at lvl 4x i had about 80 dex. Guess what...I would still miss. Accuracy is based mainly on your lvl compared to the monster's lvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.