Thread: Combo vs Roar + Crusher

Slime

Default Combo vs Roar + Crusher

im planning to create a pure str warrior once my priest earns enough money for it. some questions.

1 - how much funding do i nid if im to cap my dex at 4 ?
    2 - how much funding do i nid if im to cap my dex at 20 ?
    3 - how much funding do i nid if im to cap my dex at 40 ?
    4 - dk or crusader? (lol)
    [ ]lvl 70 [ ] lvl 120

[X] Zhelm [ ] Scar

[X] wa3 ma1 black ragedy cape
    [X] Scrolled Wg (wa13)
    [ ] Scrolled black belt
    [X] Scrolled overall 18dex
    [ ] Scrolled Shoe
    [ ] Scrolled OwlMask/DogMouth

I have capped my dex at 4 and only used 17.2bil in meso/equips to fund. Not counting how much hp washing will be. (1-h Sword hero)
    I have played both a Dark Knight and a Hero. A Drk is cheaper to fund but seems weaker when they both hit 13x. Hero is a lot faster, more base hp and higher DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

I have capped my dex at 4 and only used 17.2bil in meso/equips to fund.
    Dear god, you don't need anywhere near that to have a 4 str warrior that at least stays competitive (won't be "godly", but meh).

My Paladin has 16 base dex right now, but I could reset it to 4 pretty easily once I level someone on his account a few times to make up for the acc loss. I've spent no where near that much money, and he's plenty beastly for me.
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaosBeoulve View Post
    Dear god, you don't need anywhere near that to have a 4 str warrior that at least stays competitive (won't be "godly", but meh).

My Paladin has 16 base dex right now, but I could reset it to 4 pretty easily once I level someone on his account a few times to make up for the acc loss. I've spent no where near that much money, and he's plenty beastly for me.
    This. My Hero's 30 Dex, and he's had basically no funding so far. For me to reset to 4 Dex, all I'd need to do is upgrade my pants, upgrade my shoes and get Broken Glasses. I'd need to spend about 100mil on that stuff to do it. And I've spent around 100mil on equips so far. 200mil for an effective 4 Dex Warrior? Yes please.
    Not back. Front.

Yeah, but you guys are both not-sword-or-spear. =P

That said, I have a 7x sword White Knight with 6 DEX that is set for accuracy and attack until level 120 at least, and I've spent maybe... 100-200mil, most of it in NX a long time ago. I got good deals on a lot of it, though. At 120, I could just get a new sword and shoes, and still have decent damage.

If you want 4 base DEX, then go for it. You have to get a Zakum Helm right at 50, use a Maple weapon (this will be easier if you are a spearman, because there are no 2h swords for levels 35 and 43) as needed, and get some alternate equips like a DEX cape to use when you can't quite make up the accuracy. And it will be harder early on, when you can't use a Zakum helm and don't have Mastery, so you'll need something like a Brown Bandana to push you through.

All that said, it's only getting easier to be DEXless. Maker can add tons of accuracy to newly-forged gear. And you can always add DEX later if you want.

EDIT: Your prices may vary. (A lot.) We're all in Global MS and we have the Mark of Naricain, which gives 10 ATK/5 STR/5 DEX/5 LUK/15 accuracy at level 110, for very cheap or free, especially if you have high level friends to take you on a run. Also, I don't know the Maple weapon situation for you guys, but Global Bera has a huge shortage of Rohens right now, one big reason my gear is worth a lot more than what I paid. I paid ~30mil for my 101 attack Rohen, which is now worth well upwards of 100mil. We also have a shortage of Scorpios.
    Spoiler!

Yeah, but you guys are both not-sword-or-spear. =P
    True, but that means I have to scroll my own equips. Each crushed skull is 5-15M each, and I've boomed 8 in a row on the 1st/2nd slot. I've got 4 or 5 right now I need to try to scroll, but haven't gotten around to it.

So, for non-sword/spear, it's harder (to sometimes impossible) to find better weapons. I've not seen a single skull for sell on Broa better than my 130/8, and it's not really scrolled that well. Swords/Spears are expensive, but at least nicely scrolled versions are floating around if you have the money.

As well, swords/spears can use their reverse weapons to great effect....skulls >> reverse 1h bw, so you have to rely on getting a well scrolled one of those to stay competitive against sword pallies=(

Whereas it's a good thing Axe Heros got screwed over before, because we had no godly weapon that outclasses Reverse.

The 2h Reverse Axe is better than any other Axe in the game because it's the same speed as the 1h Reverse Axe and has more attack potential than Dragon Axes.

Reverse weapons cost a load more than Skulls do though. 45 Pieces of Time, an Advanced Diamond and an Intermediate Power? no esplode pls
    Not back. Front.

Yeah, we finally made Wiggy's reverse spear after hunting pieces of time forever....

Hopefully nexon releases a nice axe like they did the skull to give you axe heroes a boost.

And regardless of if we're sword or auxiliary users, buying a weapon and/or scrolling one still costs a lot. An end-game Axe/BW/Polearm costs just as much as an equivalent end-game Sword or Spear does. Scrolls are slightly cheaper, and with Maker there's really no more "finding clean weapons" factor, so there's not too much difference there.
    Not back. Front.