Thread: Brass Restoration

Default Brass Restoration

Nope, sorry, not offering Brass restoring services here! xD

And now for something completely different...

Brass Restoration
    is a free visual novel. Don't worry, there isn't anything NSFW in this particular visual novel. So if you wanted something more "let's go kill stuff," this is not the game for you. I enjoyed it a lot, so maybe some of you will as well?

In Brass Restoration, you take the role of Ryo Takiguchi, an aspiring percussionist, who wishes to make it big as a drummer, just like his deceased father. The story starts out with Ryo, going to high school with his childhood friend Minori, briefly reminiscing about his past. After school, Ryo heads to the music club and does his usual activities there before heading home. However, something happens before he can head home at the train station which will change his life forever...

Alright, so at this point you, the player, will decide how Ryo's life is going to turn out. There are 4 main paths to choose from depending on which of the 4 main female characters he get closest to. They are:

Minori - The main childhood friend. She walks to school with Ryo everyday. She likes rice.

Yui - The athletic tomboy. She was in a band with Ryo in middle school. She knows martial arts.

Kouri - The underclassman who learns percussion in the music club from Ryo. She always refers to herself in the third person.

Yoshine - The upperclassman. She knows Ryo because of the music club. Her family is very wealthy.

Basically, the choices that Ryo makes before February 14th(Valentine's Day) will determine whose path will be played out. And there are A LOT of choices to make and A LOT of reading. And each tale has it's own fair share of drama.

...And yes, this completely CLEAN and nothing which would scar you for life. Sorry to disappoint if you were looking for something like that. >_> This is hidden-street; what did you expect? :rolleyes:

It's not bad, and there's a lot of humor involved. Keep in mind that the music gets recycled A LOT, especially once you've played through many, many times over. Lot's of recycled sprites too, but that doesn't affect the story(-ies) one bit.

doodoodoodoodoo doo doo doo doo...

I guess the "main" objective would be to unlock each "ending" which unlocks CG's for each of the four main heroines. Each heroine basically has a "bad," "normal," and one "good" ending. The "good" ending will only happen when you pick all the right choices along the way for that particular girl's story. Try to unlock all the endings and have fun!

Download the game from one of the following:
    1. http://yandere.gray7.com/Brass_Resto...glish_v1.0.exe
    2. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FZKGZZAP
    3. http://www.sendspace.com/file/bbzpvx
    Screenshots:
    Spoiler!

And the walkthrough, which obviously has SPOILERS!:
    I wouldn't read that until you've at least played it through a couple of times, if you really want to play through a certain character's route. Play through the first time and see who's route you get.

Selecting "Help"--->"About this software"--->"[Ending List]" will show which endings you've unlocked.

P.S. I think it should be obvious whose story I enjoyed the most.

P.P.S. Dibs on Yoshine. ;P

Icon8

Funny you mention that. On a different forum, I got a list of VNs to play. Some of them are NSFW from what I hear. Anyway:

Saya no Uta
    Yume Miru Kusuri: A **** That Makes You Dream
    Narcissu
    Kana Little Sister
    Crescendo
    Ever17
    Tsukihime
    brass restoration
    --------------------------
    Kana
    Crescendo
    Tsukihime
    Kagetsu Tohya
    Fate/Stay Night
    Yume Miru Kusuri
    Planetarian
    Saya no Uta
    Planetarian

Don't know what the dividing line was for. Or why I have a couple on both sides. So far I've played Katawa Shoujo, CCY, and Hidden-Street. I forget which, but I think they really stressed playing Crescendo. Or maybe it was Tsukihime. Whatever.

Edit: Oh wait no. I played an adult series once. The first was my favorite, the second pissed me off, the third was kinda meh.