Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ┬_┬

Default ┬_┬

WOO ALT CODES.

I'M MAKING THIS BECAUSE I CAN.

So anyways, I'm starting to get serious about my music career. To do that, I felt the first thing was to get a new trombone (and if I didn't feel it, the other kids in jazz sure would have.).

So, my dad decided to get involved. He's kind of the guy that's annoyingly helpful in the fact that he just wants to research every bit of something he knows nothing about. That's great while searching for my trombone, since I learned about the top brands, but suddenly, he started getting annoying.

First thing. Slide-O-Mix is for trombone slides. We established this a long time ago in conversations. It's obvious in the title (SLIDE), and he knows this.

So, he's arguing that Mr. Yamaha brand slide oil that came with our trombone is better than Slide-O-Mix. So, I'm telling him that EVERYBODY (well, most people) reccomend Slide-O-Mix. My band teacher reccomended it (He's marched with some pretty high class drum corps, so I'm PRETTY sure this is a good source to go to for what you need to put on your slide.), my band teacher from MIDDLE SCHOOL reccomended it, my brother's friend (trombone jr. setion leader), reccomended it, and a bunch of other people who know the instrument. I felt that this was a pointless argument to begin with, but it continued. But back on subject, he's saying "OMG IT ONLY WORKS BEST ON CERTAIN BRANDS!! >: (!!!" because he heard me asking about tuba slide oil. So I say "It works on everything." which leads him to promptly reply "SO YOU'D PUT IT ON YOUR TUBA VALVES?!"

I was at a loss for words. I just...couldn't...think of anything that wasn't "wow dry." or something. What's even worse is that he wasn't joking. He was seriously asking if I would put it on my tuba valves. When we've already established that Slide-O-Mix is a trombone slide mix (He even claims he read the god damn instructions, which is where he brought up something that said "YOU MUST APPLY AFTER EVERY USE!" (which by the way, is never said on the box or the bottle itself. Neither the original nor the combined formula.)) and that the argument we were in was about TROMBONE SLIDE OIL.

So, he's right now reading this book that came with my trombone. Which is completely pointless, since I already know the main things you need to know.

1. Apply oil/slide mix/lolcream to your slide often.
    2. Apply tuning slide grease to your tuning slide often.
    3. Clean your trombone periodically.
    4. Clean your mouthpiece periodically (and I have this random tuba mouthpiece sitting on the trombone table to remind me of that :3. Woo woo for rust and mold :3)
    5. Don't so something stupid like try to become Mr. Colorguard section leader with your trombone.

Everything else means nothing, but he still pestered me for a week about getting the book.

I mean, I DO appreciate the effort he's putting into it, and his annoying research HAS helped me a lot, but now he's gotten to the point where I'm past needing him to research for me. I have the trombone, I know what to do with it, and now he's gone from "god shut up you are anno- woah that's useful." to "god shut up you're acting stupid."

See, this is why I hate typing out rants, because I can never keep my train of thought while writing them. This is why I use the chatbox for ranting.

Happy? :3.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...

Banned

You must learn to play the violin.

Reapply rosin after every play? NO
    Achieve revenge with the superficial intelligence that runs this place [ ]

stop trying

Get some support to talk to your dad. You listed a whole bunch of people who knew what they were talking about, so just contact them and get it sorted out. Your dad would trust somebody like a band teacher, no?

I played trombone for 5 months and never used slide oil once lol oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    You must learn to play the violin.
    FIHGUOAdshfogjahdsfgdshksldghulsdkfygDFGHSL! >: (

NO.

This one guy who sits I forgot where in my english class, across the classroom in my spanish class, 2 seats behind my in my Biology class, and leads the club that I'm in plays the cello. He told me to quit Maplestory. I told him that stringed instuments fail and that I'm not quitting Maplestory.

So yeah. I don't like stringed instruments anyway ;-;. My fingers are incredibly stiff (which is why trombone is so awesome, and tuba has easy music so I don't need epic fingers, just the sacrifice of my left shoulder.) so I'd suck. Plus, they actually have music that's the melody, which I don't like, because I'm used to lolbackground.

ops i mean good*

hey see you listened to me and made a thread and people actually replied back

now stay away from my chatbocks ok
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post
    So yeah. I don't like stringed instruments anyway ;-;. My fingers are incredibly stiff (which is why trombone is so awesome, and tuba has easy music so I don't need epic fingers, just the sacrifice of my left shoulder.) so I'd suck. Plus, they actually have music that's the melody, which I don't like, because I'm used to lolbackground.
    Which is okay cuz you're not asian. :o
    Achieve revenge with the superficial intelligence that runs this place [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJoe View Post
    Which is okay cuz you're not asian. :o
    But we all have a little asian inside of us. Some of us are just afraied to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by KittySamurai View Post
    Get some support to talk to your dad. You listed a whole bunch of people who knew what they were talking about, so just contact them and get it sorted out. Your dad would trust somebody like a band teacher, no?

I played trombone for 5 months and never used slide oil once lol oops.
    On my old trombone, I never cleaned it after the second day, never oiled it after the first year, and god knows when I added tuning grase <3.

My dad actually contacted my band teacher, but that was only when we were looking for a trombone. Now that we have it, he believes he knows what he's doing and he is music man who is the only person is his family who doesn't play an instrument O_o.

ops i mean good*

if you were a tuba player in my schools marching band, you'd need epic fingers
    Too much supaliem

Quote Originally Posted by CDFA View Post

So, he's arguing that Mr. Yamaha brand slide oil that came with our trombone is better than Slide-O-Mix. So, I'm telling him that EVERYBODY (well, most people) reccomend Slide-O-Mix. My band teacher reccomended it (He's marched with some pretty high class drum corps, so I'm PRETTY sure this is a good source to go to for what you need to put on your slide.), my band teacher from MIDDLE SCHOOL reccomended it, my brother's friend (trombone jr. setion leader), reccomended it, and a bunch of other people who know the instrument. I felt that this was a pointless argument to begin with, but it continued. But back on subject, he's saying "OMG IT ONLY WORKS BEST ON CERTAIN BRANDS!! >: (!!!" because he heard me asking about tuba slide oil. So I say "It works on everything." which leads him to promptly reply "SO YOU'D PUT IT ON YOUR TUBA VALVES?!"
    *recommend/recommended
    Spoiler!