Thread: FA and sword booster question

Default FA and sword booster question

Hey guys, just something that crossed my mind.

Would a fighter\sader gain any advantage in dpm\orb charging speed if they were to max FA and sword booster?
    Consequently, would there be any major disadvantages that would result from this?

Searched around and didnt find anything, sry if its been asked.

Thanks.

Sword booster doesnt need to be maxed, you should know that.

FA for the extra, fast hit to gain one more orb, somewhat.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    Sword booster doesnt need to be maxed, you should know that.

FA for the extra, fast hit to gain one more orb, somewhat.
    Wait, why wouldn't you max Booster? o_O

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yes, you will have enough to max all of one type of mastery+booster and the remaining 2nd job skills with 21 points left over.

Booster past lvl 1 does not directly increase your DPS, but it does indirectly. The higher lvl your booster, the longer it lasts, meaning the less you have to rebuff it. If you spend less time rebuffing booster and more time attacking, your DPS is much higher. On my page (roughly the same as a fighter), I maxed Mastery first, then put booster at 6. I saved 20 points and put them all into Final Attack next, because until it is maxed, it can sometimes hurt more than help. Finally I finished off booster. With my remaining points, I upgraded Power Guard and Threaten (Rage for fighters). I went back to 1st job and threw the remaining skills into the semi-useless skills like Iron Body and HP Recovery. If for some reason you REALLY like using both swords and axes, you could probably end up putting both Masterys at lvl 19 and get your secondary weapon booster to a low lvl. I haven't actually met someone who did this, but I guess it's plausible.

Spoiler!

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neothisis View Post
    Wait, why wouldn't you max Booster? o_O
    Like he said, you don't need to max Booster. It doesn't actually provide any attack speed boost from level 1-20, it's the same increase no matter what level it is at. The only difference is how long it lasts. Both my Sword and Axe Booster are at level 6, 60 seconds. I know other classes leave it at varying levels, 12, 10, etc, in order to make it easier to time rebuffing by rebuffing it with other skills.
    Not back. Front.

So even with booster not maxed, a fight/sader with FA and booster could expect more attacks per minute.? I assume booster only effects an attack that is not effected by FA, or does it increase the FA attack speed aswell?

It would increase FA speed as well. Although, FA hurts your DPS while mobbing rather than help it. Only reason for FA is pretty much an extra orb charge...but how hard is it to hit something 5 times O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Was more curious if it would help DPS\orb charging speed in a bossing situation, obviously dont care as much for mobbing.

Banned

In a mobbing situation, FA doesn't do well since the damage gets lower for each enemy you hit.

On the other hand, using FA with Power Strike does additional damage, and it doesn't lower the damage depending on what weapon you use.