Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeching

Beginner

Default Leeching

I consider leeching to be cheating. And yet it appears *extremely* widespread as a practice throughout this game. How in the world can people not have a feeling of nagging lack of legitimacy to their supposed level if all they did was pay some person mesos, or get some friend, to leech them??? It seems blatantly ridiculous and defeating the purpose behind the game...

It is not. If you have money but not the time to play then you pay others to level you. And giving leech is for those who want to have godly equips but do not have money. And i understand leeching till 130 to get your skills on but you should only do it after you actually played to 130 yourself on a diff char.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I leeched my bowmaster using my bishop (to 130). Does this count for you?
    I've trained several other 100+ characters. If you've done it once, you've done it all.
    You realize that most people actually lvling through leech are those that have done it before. Very few people actually pay for leech, and those that do rarely make it much past 120. They pretty much lose out on everything in the upper lvls of Maple. I don't care if someone pays to reach 120-130. It's pretty obvious when someone buys their way to the top.

If you have this big of a problem with leeching, just stop taking everything as a competition. Who cares that someone else out-levels you? Obsessing over your rank is more pathetic than buying leech.

Spoiler!

If it is a video game, it's obviously needs your attention.

If leeching is free, I would have done like every person would do. Oh no we couldn't. Because leeching is mostly a business.
    I'm Retired.

Since when is there a "real" way to play MMORPGS?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Beginner

Lol, i knew i'd possibly get flamed for this thread. Some of you seem a bit defensive. But yeah, i just find it troubling/disturbing, leeching... and it seems like so incredibly almost universally done... like noone ever questions it at all??? Thats just odd to me.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LL001 View Post
    Lol, i knew i'd possibly get flamed for this thread. Some of you seem a bit defensive. But yeah, i just find it troubling/disturbing, leeching... and it seems like so incredibly almost universally done... like noone ever questions it at all??? Thats just odd to me.
    1. Of course you will get "flamed". You made this thread doing nothing but flaming leechers. Your argument didn't even make sense.

2. Leeching in an MMOrpg is troubling/disturbing? It doesn't even directly break the ToS, how on earth is it so serious to be "troubling/disturbing"?
    You are making it sound like this is some huge moral debate. "No one ever questions it at all???" I mean really?

Spoiler!

MMORPG is a video game. It requires your attention. Otherwise, it's equivalent to be watching a movie and fiddling around with a remote control.

People has their own methods of playing the game. And in certain people's perspectives, leeching is the new hack.

Since 4th job came, I stopped leveling because it seems arbitrary since people can do it in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't consider this thread flaming. It's rather a sensitive issue much like abortion.
    I'm Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by LL001 View Post
    Uhm...defensive? I think you are the one who started the thread that ALWAYS creates controversy in ANY forum. You obviously haven't been in maple forums for a long time? There are always anti-leech threads up and runnings (maybe not in hs because not every active member still plays). And does leech actually hurt you? I don't see how having higher lvl attacking chars allowing more bosses to be slain creating more variety in the FM can hurt you... I assume you also plan to go to himes or train after 120? Himes you are literally leeching the priest that is luring for you. After 120 you always want to train with someone so you will be leeching the exp from their kills. Yes I leeched my Hero...but does that mean I don't know how to play the game? I trained iheal4int from 1-138 then allowed my friends to go on that char and leech their own chars (which got iheal4int to lvl 155) I trained ithrow4luk to 105 and leech a few lvls here and there untill 120. I did 120-152 at skelegon with a bishop friend of mine who stopped training with me after she hit 200. Does this make me a worse player because I chose to take a break from the strenuous grinding sessions to get my Hero to 12x? I sacrificed about 900mil to pay off a friend to leech the char for me while I was at school. I worked very hard to get enough mesos to do this so don't go flaming me for not working at all to hit 120. It was just a different kind of work. No one is able to leech and not put any effort into the game. Making mesos for leech is hard. Lvling a char without leech is hard. /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Also the new Aran exp gain formula p much ignores all damage done by Adventurers and Cygnus Knights. So the race to 200 (or 120) Aran will be won with no help from the other classes.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!