Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (My First) Night Walker Guide (in progress)

Icon4 (My First) Night Walker Guide (in progress)

This is my first guide so please correct me if there are any mistakes:)

First job (level 10)

The build i followed

lvl 10: +1 Darkness
    lvl 11: +3 lucky 7
    lvl 12: +3 nimble body
    lvl 13: +3 keen eyes
    lvl 14: +3 keen eyes
    lvl 15: +2 keen eyes(MAX) +1 L7
    lvl 15: +3 L7
    lvl 16: +3 L7
    lvl 17: +3 L7
    lvl 18: +3 L7
    lvl 19: +3 L7
    lvl 20: +1 L7(MAX) +2 Nimble body
    lvl 21: +3 Nimble Body
    lvl 22: +2 Nimble Body (MAX) +1 Disorder
    lvl 23: +2 Disorder +1 Dark Sight
    lvl 24: +3 Dark Sight
    lvl 25: +3 Dark Sight
    lvl 26: +3 Dark Sight (MAX)
    lvl 27: +2 Darkness
    lvl 28: +3 Darkness
    lvl 29: +3 Darkness
    lvl 30: +3 Darkness

At the end you should get
    Lucky Seven: MAX
    Keen Eyes: MAX
    Nimble Body: MAX
    Dark Sight: MAX
    Darkness: 10
    Disorder: 3

Leveling (no level but do in order and will end up with good results)
    Cygnus Quests (HPQ or grind if says come back at X level)

When done should be around lvl 20. Do KPQ as soon as possible after All Cygnus quests are done. If not high enough level to the quests around kerning.

KPQ until level 30 as it is arguably the fastest way to level here.

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR LEVEL 30!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

OK now that your are officially level 30 time to get your job advancement right? Correct. But this time you cant just say I WANT NW NAO!!! you have to pass a test. When you reach level 30 a lightbulb will appear above your head.
    Click it and accept neinhearts quest. Then go back to ereve and talk to him. He will tell you to go to your chief night. Go to eckhart and talk to him. He will tell you to go to the 2nd drill hall and collect 30 proof of whatever. So go all the way to the left of ereve and when you get to the drill halls go to the 2nd floor and go in. There you will find Tiru/Timu things that are more powered up. Dont worry you can easily kill these (if dexless or lowdex will be able to 1 hit kill most of the time). In my experience they are a guaranteed drop. Once you have 30 talk to the guy and go back to eckhart.
    Talk to him and he gives you your job adv with the AWESOME 1 SKILL POINT OMGGGGG:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now how to spend it

Build 1:

lvl 30 +1 Flash jump
    lvl 31: +3 Claw Mastery
    lvl 32-41: Critical throw (MAX)
    lvl 42-47: Vampire
    lvl 48: +2 Vampire (MAX) +1 Claw Mastery
    lvl 49: +1 Claw Mastery +2 Claw Booster
    lvl 50: +3 Claw Booster
    lvl 51: +3 Claw Booster
    lvl 52: +3 Haste
    lvl 53: +3 Haste
    lvl 54: +3 Haste
    lvl 55: +3 Haste
    lvl 56: +3 Haste
    lvl 57: +3 Haste
    lvl 58: +2 Haste +1 Flash Jump
    lvl 59: +3 Flash Jump
    lvl 60: +3 Flash Jump
    lvl 61: +3 Flash Jump
    lvl 62: +3 Flash Jump
    lvl 63: +3 Flash Jump
    lvl 64: +3 Flash Jump (MAX)
    lvl 65 +1 Vanish +2 Claw Mast
    lvl 66: +3 Claw Mastery
    lvl 67: +3 Claw Mastery
    lvl 68: +3 Claw Mastery
    lvl 69: +3 Claw Mastery
    lvl 70: +3 Claw Mastery (MAX)

At the end you should have
    Claw Mastery (MAX)
    Vampire (MAX)
    Critical Throw (MAX)
    Haste (MAX)
    Flash Jump (MAX)
    Vanish 1
    Claw Booster 8

The Reason for Vanish 1 is for training on newties later
    and only 8 on claw booster is because thats already a good 80 seconds and you dont need all that much.

Training: 31-50 : monster carnival. levels you extremely fast, may get boring but its worth it.

(alternative) go to haunted mansion in NLC and grind on dead scarecrows and hoodoos and voodoos this is what i did for lvl 40-5X

lvl 51-70: orbis pq

(alternative for 65-70) grind on (wind raiders?)/ wind riders?

3rd job adv.
    Go talk to neinhart and he tell you all this stuff about ereve being in danger and tells you to go to your chief night so go to him and talk and he tells you about the master of disguise and how he stole something so go back and talk to neinhart and make sure you have a Dark Crystal because he tells you, you need one for an investigation permit. Once you have it you either go to eckhart again or start searching (i forget). But go out and find the master of disguise somewhere in ereve. He will be disguised as eckhart so that is what you'll be looking for. Once you find him talk to him and start fighting. Once you kill him he will drop a treasure that you take back to eckhart. Once there he gives you your new JOB YAY!!!!!

skill point build (may be a little off seeing as how im not quite there yet)

lvl 70: +1 Shadow Partner
    lvl 71: +3 poison bomb (at newties mist a channel and switch and mist up to 2-3 depending on how fast you are then come back and kill them this method gives you ALOT of exp)
    lvl 74: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 75: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 76: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 77: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 78: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 79: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 80: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 81: +3 poison bomb
    lvl 82: +3 poison bomb(MAX)
    lvl 83: +3 shadow partner
    lvl 84: +3 shadow partner
    lvl 85 +3 shadow partner
    lvl 86 +3 shadow partner
    lvl 87 +3 shadow partner
    lvl 88 +3 shadow partner
    lvl 89 +3 shadow partner
    lvl 90: +3 shadow partner
    lvl 91: +3 shadow partner
    lvl 92: +2 Shadow partner (MAX) +1 Avenger
    lvl 93: +1 avenger: save (2)
    lvl 94: save (5)
    lvl 95: save (8)
    lvl 97: save (11)
    lvl 98: save (14)
    lvl 99: save (17)
    lvl 100: +20 Triple Throw
    lvl 101: +3 avenger
    lvl 102: +3 avenger
    lvl 103: +3 avenger
    lvl 104: +3 avenger
    lvl 105: +3 avenger
    lvl 106: +3 avenger
    lvl 107: +3 avenger
    lvl 108: +3 avenger
    lvl 109: +3 avenger
    lvl 110: +1 Avenger (MAX) +2 venomous star
    lvl 111: +3 venomous star
    lvl 112: +3 venomous star
    lvl 113: +3 venomous star
    lvl 114: +3 venomous star
    lvl 115: +3 Venomous star
    lvl 116: +3 alchemist
    lvl 117: +3 alchemist
    lvl 118: +3 alchemist
    lvl 119: +3 alchemist
    lvl 120: +2 alchemist - +1 shadow web (for giggles)

training.

70-80: newties. poison bomb a channel all over and switch. mist up to 3 depending on how fast you are. then come back and kill them. gives you insane amounts of exp (especially with 4x exp cards) which i recommend for this. and gives you the exp quickly

80+: not sure please give me suggestions.

so thats the end (for now)
    please notify me of any mistakes/suggestions

please note this is my first guide. so if i make mistakes cut me some slack

have fun!
    Last edited by Krytical; 11th December 2009 at 06:20 AM.

Grats on ur first guide! Kinda brief but has been a good reference for SP allocation

For 2nd job, i think u are missing two skill points, cos lvl 30-70 = 3 skill points per level. So thats 120 + an additional 1 when u advance so 121 SP in total.

and could u put up an explanation as to why to get max flash jump instead of max booster and vanish? personally i would treat flash jump like a teleport in a cleric and only get 1 level of it.

for grinding, is there really any difference to MCPQ? if there is like specific item drops for night walkers could u pls list them? Otherwise i would just choose MCPQ because a) u get 10k-30k exp every 10mins (500CP+ depending on win/lose), b) maple coins for items and c) theres ppl to talk to (even though we'd be killing most of the time). But true that it does get a bit boring going over the same stage again.

Cheers

how is level 1 poison bomb good for training? it last for like what? 4 seconds?
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCAKES View Post
    Grats on ur first guide! Kinda brief but has been a good reference for SP allocation

For 2nd job, i think u are missing two skill points, cos lvl 30-70 = 3 skill points per level. So thats 120 + an additional 1 when u advance so 121 SP in total.

and could u put up an explanation as to why to get max flash jump instead of max booster and vanish? personally i would treat flash jump like a teleport in a cleric and only get 1 level of it.

for grinding, is there really any difference to MCPQ? if there is like specific item drops for night walkers could u pls list them? Otherwise i would just choose MCPQ because a) u get 10k-30k exp every 10mins (500CP+ depending on win/lose), b) maple coins for items and c) theres ppl to talk to (even though we'd be killing most of the time). But true that it does get a bit boring going over the same stage again.

Cheers
    i would max FJ because it lets you move about the map EXTREMELY fast. and when maxed it takes only like 10mp opposed to the 60 at lvl 1 and for booster the reason i take FJ over that and vanish is because the higher level to booster it only increases time and 80 seconds in plenty and vanish it is not very important and you dont need a high level of it.
    For the haunted mansion vs MCPQ i would say mcpq from 30-43 so you will have Critical throw maxed and some booster. then i would go grind in mansion for good exp. there are no specific drops for the places i train but level much faster then MCPQ at higher levels. at lvl 48 i was leveling once per hour training and is constant exp but MCPQ you have to find parties argue over whose win first if TW and go through all theese hassles and many people leave the MCPQ if they start to lose and 30k is not much at the higher 4X and when around 44 you can 2 hit dead scarecrows and get 220 per kill and high spawn rate in piano room so it gives you a constant rate of exp. and after lvl 50 i would grind on hoodoos/voodoos for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    how is level 1 poison bomb good for training? it last for like what? 4 seconds?
    yes i realized my mistake after posting and kept forgetting to change it. but it should be fixed now

Too... Many... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:'s

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Lol so many builds for Nw's but i think ill go with the max crit one like this one :D

Spoiler!

Try to give more of a variety of training spots and your reason for training there such as drops or exp rates.

Also try to give alternate builds and explain why you think one is better than the other.

PM me if you need help with anything. I'll be glad to help

i dont think is a very good plan cuz

1st job

get lucky 7 and darkness to half then max up vanish then max it up then go for the masterys

2nd job

get vampire to half then go for boost 6 then ctri 10 then mastery max then start maxing it what u need

3rd job get ave to 5 then max up shadow then max up ave then start getting shadow web and posion bomb to half then when ur lvl 100 max up tri throw then go max web then u got to lvl 110 max up vemon star then max alch
    thats what i do =D

This is an old guide that you should not be responding to.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward