Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
LUKless Cleric help? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LUKless Cleric help?

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAsian View Post
    3. Dont even bother looking for an Elemental Wand cuz clerics suffer greatly from the damage reductions. I mean sure maple shine wand has 80 and the elemental staves have 178 thats a 98 atk difference which is the exact same as saying thats a 98 int difference and that means the only time you will actually start doing better damage then a normal cleric is at around 95.
    You're slightly off on this. The reason why you don't wanna use an ele wand is because it does a % damage reduction to you that will eventually outweigh the 98 extra matk when you start doing more damage.

Just don't get an ele wand if you're a lukless bishop/cleric/priest.

The point of becoming statless is usually to maximize damage. Sins go dexless because their L7 damage sky rockets with a lot of luk. Mages go lukless because their damage sky rockets with a lot of int (and they get ele wands that add to their damage). Bishops now go lukless just because it's cheaper (people say this I've never verified) and they do slightly more damage. The slight damage difference is nothing compared to what it used to be when ele wands didn't give any elemental boosts/reductions. All the party friendly skills you get as a lukless bishop are present when you're low luk. Lukless bishops are no longer for the damage, they're for the cost (if what people say is true :P).

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I can easily now verify that every type of Bishop is cheaper than Mages. I own both a lukless mage and bishop, and have played avg luk and low luk versions of both (with exception to lowluk FP mage).

The bishop will almost always be cheaper. Gen's MP costs about half of Blizz/Meteor. If I used Gen at 120, I could pull off 3-5 Gens depending on how often I get hit. Using Blizzard, I can only pull of 2 at max (assuming both skills are lvl 1). My lukbishop/mage friends said they could pull roughly 2-4 Gens at 120, and 1-2 Blizzards (if they got hit, it was ALWAYS 1). It took our Bishop nothing but a clean shine wand to 100% 2 hit skeles at 138, and we didn't have Gen 30. When equipped, it is already coming close to 1 hitting skeles at 157. My luk bishop friend could 2 hit at 14x, but had to be equipped pretty well. He also could pull 1 less Gen+hit than us.
    For the reasonable and realistic bishop, lukless is MUCH cheaper for the damage/results produced. For the perfect ideal bishop, very lowluk is best (this assumes you Maker and Chaos almost perfectly)

For Arch Mages, there is no debate. Lukless is best. Even if you can only afford lvl 70 ele wands, the massive damage boost will outshine any high lvl luk wand. The boost from MP is a HUGE help with the insane pot costs. Until Nexon releases very high lvl and high INT ele wands with luk, lukless Ams will usually overpower their luk counterparts.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Until Nexon releases very high lvl and high INT ele wands with luk, lukless Ams will usually overpower their luk counterparts.
    The level 163 elemental staves require a buttload of luk.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Isn't the magic attack only like 17x on those though? That's only like 30 more M/att than the 130s but requires 165 luk.
    I honestly think Nexon should release some extremely powerful high lvl ele wand to balance Lukless and Luk mages. I think it is only fair to luk mages to release higher % damage ele wands that require luk.

Spoiler!

I know an I/L that has 88 base luk but had enough equips to use ES7. Egged HTP, Zhelm, etc.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Drake

And to versions with Neo Tokyo such as SEA, LUKless now pwns low luk bishop even if you Maker , Chaos and WS perfectly on every equip.

New lvl 110 lukless staff released, clean stats tma 115

LUKless pwns low luk in any case scenario now. Case closed.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Icon11

That's a new update I'm not familiar with sorry. lukless am's/bishops only pwn if they have a high level lukless weapon. That's why lukless bishops used to pwn when they had access to a 130 wand. If your server has access to the new lukless weapon then go for lukless otherwise it's pretty much down to personal preference whether you wanna be low luk or lukless. I like mage clothes :) I think it looks cool, that's why I liked being a low luk even when ele wands came out and I got pwnt by lukless xD.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wigum View Post
    To that i say....Luk cleric is better than lukless mage. Lukless even more so.
    Honestly, Clerics are cheaper, more party friendly and faster than mages. You can have luk and be better off than mages that are lukless. Sure you don't get elemental wands....because you dont need them.

Skeles - the fastest mob currently in the game are holy weak. You can easily 2hit them at 130 as a lukless cleric... at the most 140. You have holy symbol, you have bless for dks. You have more party buffs than you know what to do with, and your ultimate is far far cheaper to use.
    And before that, himes. And before that, DTs. And so on. And yet people still continue to put clerics/priests/bishops in the place of "support only." Seriously, any attack that heals you at the same time pretty much rules. Since I've got high hp, I can pretty much worry about nothing (aside from lag) and just heal all day.

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    That's a new update I'm not familiar with sorry. lukless am's/bishops only pwn if they have a high level lukless weapon. That's why lukless bishops used to pwn when they had access to a 130 wand. If your server has access to the new lukless weapon then go for lukless otherwise it's pretty much down to personal preference whether you wanna be low luk or lukless. I like mage clothes :) I think it looks cool, that's why I liked being a low luk even when ele wands came out and I got pwnt by lukless xD.
    Even without that imba lukless wand , lukless bishops stil pawn their low luk counterparts. Us in MapleSEA nvr even got the chance to have access to the 130 Ewand. All lukless bs in SEA have been using Widam since like .....ever. So it is possible that our servers have a lot more godlier Widams scrolled out. Currently the strongest low LUK Bishop I've seen could 1 hit ko Skeles at lvl 175-ish , while the strongest Lukless one could do the same at lvl 166.

Its not a matter of preference, Lukless still pwns low luk for Bishops. If you're a LUKless having trouble beating a low LUK of a similar lvl you either have an inferior lvl of Genesis or either your equips are pure crap or his are uber godly.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Icon11

I never said lukless wasn't stronger. I made a thread a while ago and gathered data from that and concluded that lukless is just slightly stronger than a low luk bishop. The power gap isn't even close to the gap that's displayed with lukless/low luk arch mages though. Basically, while you might be a little stronger than a low luk bishop you're really not gaining enough power to out damage an arch mage or hero or w/e else. The power difference just isn't big enough for lukless bishops to really make a big difference.

Really tho if cost is important to you then a lot of people say lukless is cheaper so go with that :).