Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dawn Warrior Build.

Banned

Rage would probably save you some money on the att pots that you use.

personally, I would go for FA if you plan on doing more damage. Booster isn't really important other than just getting more for time usage.

personally i would prefer max rage and booster. its a hassle to keep re-casting booster, so i'd rather max it. as for rage, not sure abt gma, but msea its raised to 12wa already, so that's the same as NLC warrior potions, why bother taking the $ and trouble to buy potions when u have a free buff? its a party skill too (and your only one at that) and ppl DO add you in the pt in order to ge the rage buff.

rest of the points goes to FA, which i will continue to max out at the end of 3rd job since it slightly improves dps... watever, by that time you are almost at the time of your journey that it really isnt that pertinant anymore.

why i dont max FA in 2nd job? trust me, by the time u start adding any points into FA, you'd have max soul blade. after max soul blade, slash blast is throw off the keyboard, and power strike is obselete unless you are bossing or when there is only 1 mob in front of you (but 99.99% of the time u'll be mobbing). FA doesnt stack with soul blade, so why max FA in 2nd job?

then in 3rd job, you'll get soul driver pretty soon (i added soul driver FIRST in 3rd job, and nvr regreted it). once ur soul driver hits a decent lvl, you can say bye bye soul blade in training... once again soul driver doesnt stack with FA.

even with maxed brandish at lvl 100, its pretty obvious that soul driver can do more damage per hit than brandish when mobbing (soul driver hit 8! brandish only 3). training at skeles you would probably switch to brandish, but considering that brandish can trigger anytime and cause you to hit air, the loss of character control doesnt quite justify the extra teeny weenie bit of dps gain. in fact, the time spent hitting air would offset the dps gain.

than after lvl 110 (i'm assuming here you save up SP to max brandish and advanced combo right away), you can max out your FA for the slight damage gain when bossing.

Why waste points gained in 3rd job on 2nd job skills? Just leave rage at 19, since the 1 point used for maxing is just used time. Booster can be a bit of a pain to recast but meh.

Point is, just spend the points you can spend on 3rd job skills, on 3rd job skills.

I know it's a girl in the pic, but I only had new character space left on my girl account. >_<

Banned

Booster isn't hard to cast. I put it on D, I put my Warrior Elixir on A. And so it's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysidius View Post
    Why waste points gained in 3rd job on 2nd job skills? Just leave rage at 19, since the 1 point used for maxing is just used time. Booster can be a bit of a pain to recast but meh.

Point is, just spend the points you can spend on 3rd job skills, on 3rd job skills.
    there isnt anything much in 3rd job anyway, you have enough points to max combo, advanced combo, soul driver, soul charge, brandish, and either panic or coma. the left over points isnt enough for you the max another finisher skill, so i dont see anything wrong with adding into a 2nd job skill. mp recovery really isnt important since by the time you add it u're nearing the end of your journey - unless u intend to keep playing the char after you hit 120. even then you dont have enough points to max mp recovery unless u give up maxing the finisher skills.

yeah there isnt too much diff btw a lvl 19 and 20 rage, its just that i find FA completely useless in 2nd and early 3rd job - so why max a skill you dont use so early? on the other hand booster and rage will be constantly used. just my point of view (and maybe how i play my char) - i just soul bladed and soul drived my way thru so FA is really redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by darkiller View Post
    there isnt anything much in 3rd job anyway, you have enough points to max combo, advanced combo, soul driver, soul charge, brandish, and either panic or coma. the left over points isnt enough for you the max another finisher skill, so i dont see anything wrong with adding into a 2nd job skill. mp recovery really isnt important since by the time you add it u're nearing the end of your journey - unless u intend to keep playing the char after you hit 120. even then you dont have enough points to max mp recovery unless u give up maxing the finisher skills.

yeah there isnt too much diff btw a lvl 19 and 20 rage, its just that i find FA completely useless in 2nd and early 3rd job - so why max a skill you dont use so early? on the other hand booster and rage will be constantly used. just my point of view (and maybe how i play my char) - i just soul bladed and soul drived my way thru so FA is really redundant.
    I guess our views just differ on FA. I find it a rather usefull skill. When dealing with strong monsters, you get a quick extra smash after using power blow/brandish. With the extra smash you can go bossing more effectively, eg. I like doing the balrog run from time to time, and FA really ups the damage there.

The spare points you have in 3rd job are better spent on another finisher skille, mp recovery seems quite useless to me. But since I'm not up that level yet, I can't really judge about it. I just think I'd rather invest my 3rd job points in 3rd job skills.

I know it's a girl in the pic, but I only had new character space left on my girl account. >_<

my thought is that since in 3rd job you dont have enough spare points to max 2 finisher skills... and those finisher skills are pretty useless when they are not maxed, why not just leave FA to later on to add? for me i left FA at lvl 24, after maxed booster, rage and all the 2nd job skills.

in 3rd job after maxed soul driver, soul charge, combo/AC, brandish, you have 31 SP left over, not enough to max both coma and panic (since they are 20points to max each), leaving a finisher skill halfway is really pointless, the damage is not worth the points. once you have maxed brandish you wont bother using either finisher skills anyway, except maybe when your combo buff is running out. i'll pick panic for the nice huge damage for show and for that little bit of extra damage dealt at bossing. so with that left over 11 points i'll max out the rest of my FA and dump some points into mp recovery since i have no where better to put them into.

just my experience from playing my hero ;) - with brandish all else is forgotten (well DW still have their awesome soul driver!), but the finisher skills are hardly used anymore - constantly releasing your combo attack will greatly decrease ur damage output.

there are a lot of ppl out there who'd prefer to max FA over rage or booster, but just wanna share my different point of view :) enjoy playing your DW :D

Icon1 skill point contribution(dawn master, help appreciated)

If a dawn warrior have sould blade, why add slash blast in the first place? So is it good to add iron body or soul instead of slash blast?

I have another question. Why should we add the soul blade when it can only be used with sword? The damage of sword is so little. at a lv30 equip, the difference between a sword and a axe is near 100dmg. When we reach a high level, will the difference between the weapon attack be bigger? i am asking this question because i am level 31 only.

If the difference between weapon attack will be bigger at a higher level, then will the weapon attack be able to cover the difference between the damage of a maxed slash blast and a maxed soul blade?

If it is able to cover up the gap, then i would rather use the skill points that should be added to soul blade on other skills

PROs, please help and give me advice
    Last edited by limtengyi1; 11th December 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Can't say that I'm a pro, but here's what I feel:

Quote Originally Posted by limtengyi1 View Post
    If a dawn warrior have sould blade, why add slash blast in the first place? So is it good to add iron body or soul instead of slash blast?
    I'll say there's no point in adding Soul. You're not going to need any extra damage from the cute little summon once you're past level 30 (or maybe even before). If you're willing to use only Power Strike (or maybe plus a weak Slash Blast) all the way till level 30, why not? It's not that hard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by limtengyi1 View Post
    I have another question. Why should we add the soul blade when it can only be used with sword? The damage of sword is so little. at a lv30 equip, the difference between a sword and a axe is near 100dmg. When we reach a high level, will the difference between the weapon attack be bigger? i am asking this question because i am level 31 only.

If the difference between weapon attack will be bigger at a higher level, then will the weapon attack be able to cover the difference between the damage of a maxed slash blast and a maxed soul blade?

If it is able to cover up the gap, then i would rather use the skill points that should be added to soul blade on other skills
    Soul Masters only have Sword Mastery and Booster, and that in itself will improve the damage from Soul Blade using swords (due to a more stable damage output and faster attack speeds - note that swords tend to be faster than other warrior weapons).

I have a question of my own too: just how effective and useful is Final Attack? I see so many claims, ranging from minute to decent increase in DPS. Can anyone get some statistics to prove it? Oh, and how does Final Attack work with Brandish? I mean, I know what happens when FA triggers with Power Strike or Slash Blast, but I haven't seen any other versions.

Pardon me if the answer's already found somewhere on this forum. it's 3:35am on my side and I'm dead beat.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    +1 Rush
    +19 Mastery
    +6 Booster
    +21 Blade (max range and 5 monsters)
    +10 (Max) Rush
    +20 (Max) Rage
    +30 (Max)Final Attack
    +9 (Max) Blade
    +1 Mastery (Max)
    +6 Booster.
    That's the build I followed, very similar to OrangeGuy's but, there's really no need to max Mastery since it only gives 1 acc. I would delay the 1 point into rush and have it all together later on. Also Booster should not be maxed because of the fact that the speed does not increase, only the time length does, and a lvl 12 Booster is usually more than enough time. I find it easy to recast.

Oh yeah, FA is a must, unless you're using 1h Swords. Otherwise, Power Strike is insanely slow, same with Brandish. Sure, Final Attack doesn't affect Soul Blade or Soul Driver but, it still helps a lot.

ON A SIDE NOTE: At level 80, I find myself rarely using Soul Blade, except for that rare chance of luring a stray monster to my position. Soul Driver has close to the same range and does tons more damage. My newish sorta build, is to sacrifice 8 points from Blade and use them on Booster which ends it as:

19 Mastery
    Max Booster
    13 Soul Blade
    Max Rush
    Max Rage
    Max Final Attack

Just a suggestion, based off of my experience.

EDIT: @limtengy, Dawn Warriors are not meant to use Axes, and as you start maxing Sword Mastery, your damage will start to look better.
    Last edited by xtreme702; 25th December 2009 at 09:45 AM.
    null set [ ]