Thread: Dawn Warrior Build.

Hybrid View

Banned

Default Dawn Warrior Build.

Hey there, I am looking for a DW build. My Dawn Warrior is level 32. I put a Point in soul blade, and am now putting Sword mastery at level 19. What do I do after that? Note: I am not putting points into final attack.

1 Soul Blade
    19 Mastery
    6 Booster
    10 Soul Rush
    30 Soul Blade
    20 Rage
    20 Booster
    1 Mastery
    xx free points

based on my personal preferences, may be different for you
    by Cryopon

Banned

Ah, okay. I will use FA's points and max out Soul rush.

I went for a FA build.

1 Soul Blade
    20 Mastery
    6 Booster
    10 Soul Rush
    29 Soul Blade
    30 FA
    5 Booster

But it really just depends if you like FA with skills like Brandish later on or not. Some people prefer a longer booster time.

I know it's a girl in the pic, but I only had new character space left on my girl account. >_<

Eww i suggest maxing soul blade and soul rush at kinda equal intervals so for 10 levels put 2 points into Soul Blade and 1 Point into Soul Rush. In the end you'll have soul blade that hits the maximum number of monsters and a maxed soul rush. imo Soul Blade is much more of an asset then Soul Rush.

Also remember that Final Attack increases the DPS of Brandish so thats 2x 230% x 250% damage at a 60% chance. Plus final atk is a buff so u can choose to activate it or not unlike archers where if u put 1 point into final attack ur screwed. Back on topic, so if ur single killing stuff like newties with Brandish Final Attack is Awsome. Also keep booster at 11 its seems to be good enough then
    Last edited by TheHalfAsian; 1st December 2009 at 05:39 AM.
    "One who knows nothing can understand nothing"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheHalfAsian View Post
    Eww i suggest maxing soul blade and soul rush at kinda equal intervals so for 10 levels put 2 points into Soul Blade and 1 Point into Soul Rush. In the end you'll have soul blade that hits the maximum number of monsters and a maxed soul rush. imo Soul Blade is much more of an asset then Soul Rush.

Also remember that Final Attack increases the DPS of Brandish so thats 2x 230% x 250% damage at a 60% chance. Plus final atk is a buff so u can choose to activate it or not unlike archers where if u put 1 point into final attack ur screwed. Back on topic, so if ur single killing stuff like newties with Brandish Final Attack is Awsome. Also keep booster at 11 its seems to be good enough then
    Uhm, no it isn't.

Icon1 skill point contribution(dawn master, help appreciated)

If a dawn warrior have sould blade, why add slash blast in the first place? So is it good to add iron body or soul instead of slash blast?

I have another question. Why should we add the soul blade when it can only be used with sword? The damage of sword is so little. at a lv30 equip, the difference between a sword and a axe is near 100dmg. When we reach a high level, will the difference between the weapon attack be bigger? i am asking this question because i am level 31 only.

If the difference between weapon attack will be bigger at a higher level, then will the weapon attack be able to cover the difference between the damage of a maxed slash blast and a maxed soul blade?

If it is able to cover up the gap, then i would rather use the skill points that should be added to soul blade on other skills

PROs, please help and give me advice
    Last edited by limtengyi1; 11th December 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Can't say that I'm a pro, but here's what I feel:

Quote Originally Posted by limtengyi1 View Post
    If a dawn warrior have sould blade, why add slash blast in the first place? So is it good to add iron body or soul instead of slash blast?
    I'll say there's no point in adding Soul. You're not going to need any extra damage from the cute little summon once you're past level 30 (or maybe even before). If you're willing to use only Power Strike (or maybe plus a weak Slash Blast) all the way till level 30, why not? It's not that hard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by limtengyi1 View Post
    I have another question. Why should we add the soul blade when it can only be used with sword? The damage of sword is so little. at a lv30 equip, the difference between a sword and a axe is near 100dmg. When we reach a high level, will the difference between the weapon attack be bigger? i am asking this question because i am level 31 only.

If the difference between weapon attack will be bigger at a higher level, then will the weapon attack be able to cover the difference between the damage of a maxed slash blast and a maxed soul blade?

If it is able to cover up the gap, then i would rather use the skill points that should be added to soul blade on other skills
    Soul Masters only have Sword Mastery and Booster, and that in itself will improve the damage from Soul Blade using swords (due to a more stable damage output and faster attack speeds - note that swords tend to be faster than other warrior weapons).

I have a question of my own too: just how effective and useful is Final Attack? I see so many claims, ranging from minute to decent increase in DPS. Can anyone get some statistics to prove it? Oh, and how does Final Attack work with Brandish? I mean, I know what happens when FA triggers with Power Strike or Slash Blast, but I haven't seen any other versions.

Pardon me if the answer's already found somewhere on this forum. it's 3:35am on my side and I'm dead beat.