Thread: HP-growth statistics?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default HP-growth statistics?

I'm at level 82ish and finally starting to train with HS (yea, yea, I've heard that you should max HS ASAP, but I just can't see having it maxed, and having nothing offensive or defensive for awhile, so I stalled until now). The issue is, since I'm about to train at himes or something once I get the best gear I can, I have the potential to build any way I like while training is fast.

I can raise INT like crazy, becoming a very strong hp mage, and if hp rises fast enough, I won't need to worry about raising it anymore. This sorta appeals to me, since alot of the enemies I've seen in most normal areas (even Capt Lapit.) seem to have an upper limit of 3.9k damage (Manon/Griffey). Short of the Temple of Time, which I currently can't get past the 1st screen on, most enemies I've seen are about to there.

On the other hand, if I just raise to the minimum for a 4:1 priest (the "normal" build) then start putting into HP/MP, I might be suited for a party priest better. Not to mention I could solo certain bosses, just by focusing all my MP on genesis. The other issue is whether HP raises at a fast enough rate for such a move to even be effective without putting 5 HP in each level until like 120.

So I need to know three things: INT at level 100 (that's my waypoint, before I change my build again) for a 4:1 average priest, HP at levels 60, 80, 100, 120, 200 for the average priest before HP equips (mine raise HP nearly 600 points), and the same for MP. That will let me know how to build after understanding how this class grows.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 3rd December 2009 at 03:16 AM.

Hmmm, based upon this (thank you Levelup Thread):
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterball930 View Post

I LOVE 4x EXP
    I think I can assume that the hp gain is ROUGHLY 10 per level (everything in maple seems to have high and low) meaning by level 100 (starting at 85), I should have 180 more (without raising anything), and since it raises about 5-10 per AP, that means likely somewhere around 2300 going at my current rate of 4INT:1HP. Oh course, I could decide to get much higher hp by doing 3INT:2HP, but it would affect my damage. But assuming a constant 180, the score doesn't go up all that much short of raising it to 5 (which would cause my damage to SUCK). I think I'll switch to 3:2, and it should be alright. Of course mutiplying figures on paper doesn't work the same as actual fact, as I could potentially get all 3s every levelup or AP.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I know this may sound insane....
    You could just use Magic Guard. Spamming heal with weak damage will probably take more MP pots than using MG and killing at a respectable rate. I know you are set on this "hp build" but try remaking a character using a "normal" build.

Spoiler!

Nah that would be insane. :p

It isn't all that weak, and I can in fact save alot of pots doing this (strictly speaking, between maxed recovery and MP eater, I practically never buy pots. And when I say practically, I mean I'm using the word practically unnecessarily, as about the only thing I would for is something that made me whip out the MG). I can hit Manon right now (low %, but whatever), and that tells me I'm not totally lost. I can also almost survive its toughest hits (with the help of HB).

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post

:D
    I really like this idea.

lv108-109
    Spoiler!

1426-1414 = 12HP

lv150-151
    Spoiler!

(3436-3414)/1.6 = 13.75HP
    (divided by 1.6 because of HB)

Mages can get around 10 HP per level, sometimes you get lucky and get more.
    (Too lazy to spam more screenies but my lv100-101 I got exactly 10HP)
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Lambda Chi Alpha FrenchConnexUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I can raise INT like crazy, becoming a very strong hp mage, and if hp rises fast enough, I won't need to worry about raising it anymore. This sorta appeals to me, since alot of the enemies I've seen in most normal areas (even Capt Lapit.) seem to have an upper limit of 3.9k damage (Manon/Griffey). Short of the Temple of Time, which I currently can't get past the 1st screen on, most enemies I've seen are about to there.
    All I can do is confirm that, once you hit around 4k HP you can survive without HB and MG anywhere except Right Pianus (4.5k I believe), Lilynouch, Horntail and Pink Bean. Unless I'm forgetting something, and I don't think I am, you should be able to survive anywhere else as long as you know what you're doing, with that amount of HP, including higher stages of ToT. (Someone confirm Lyka? I forgot about it.)
    Not back. Front.

Some of the NeoTokyo bosses too (*cough*AufHaven*cough*22k*cough*cough*) But that's just what I've found out from reading the enormous monster list for KMS. ( http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleSt.../Complete_list ) You also forgot Bigfoot, and its 8k trample damage (that pretty much killed me right off the bat, I'm giving up on trying that one without MG).

Yea when I get to the right amount of HP, I'll probably cut it off and focus solely on increasing matk thru INT. Too bad my "right amount" is alittle skewed. Lol, my lvl 82 already has over what would be considered normal for even a 105 level (that's without equips). Just out of curiousity, what was your INT at 150? And 105? I'm wondering how much I need to raise to set it more balanced.

Whew, nice. You got a +25 on a level up.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 3rd December 2009 at 12:50 PM.

When you see HB, just simply divide all the HP and MP you see by 1.6
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Whew, nice. You got a +25 on a level up.
    With HB.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Yea, I think I noticed your comment AFTER I posted my last one.

Okay, my current HP is at 1635 (not actual, it's some weird number, so I made a similar one with 1.6k as base), doing nothing I'd have 1815 by lvl100. Raising at 1AP HP to per level, it would have roughly half the gain (usually, I've gotten some pretty bad AP raises) by 18 levels in addition to the original, let's say about 90 extra, to 1905(ish). Add equips that's 700 more to a total of 2605 by level 100. Based upon what I saw, 700 more from 100 to 150 (and probably another 500-700 from lvl150-200) makes 3305(ish). That would be if I were to completely stop by 100, and just run on pure INT for the next 50 levels. But I think I'll get the max bang for my buck, and try to get it closer to mid 3000s. Then I should be done at lvl150, and by that time, I'll have Genesis plus some serious HP, plus reasonably high magic power. It will be lower than average, but higher than had I tried to get to 3k putting all my AP into HP. Thanks guys, that'll help.