Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For blaze mage weapon questions

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    No, that's not why you get Slow, the main reason is so that you can use it in conjunction with Flame Gears.
    When they're both maxed, they last for 40s both.
    I don't recommend you get Slow early. You should get Medi/Tele/Booster maxed out before Slow. Skip Fire Arrow if you plan on getting past 70.
    I still haven't heard any good reason why there is any reason to use slow when you're using flame gear. Casting slow in conjunction with fire gears is going to double your time when you gear the entire map.

Slow has a fast casting time (ironically). It's not going to double your Gearing time.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

My point is that slow is useless if you're using flame gears, theres no need to cast it.

slow + boss = happy party members/more happy(ness) for you
    slow+gear = slow monsters in gear.

since if a monster goes into the gear, there's a chance it won't be poisoned/burned. If it's fast enough, it can get through without getting the effect of poison/burn.

besides, it should be fun to see monsters slower than they naturally are
    by Cryopon

Have either of you ever used flame gears?

This is how you use flame gears

example map

A__________B

map with flame gears
    A[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]B

[ ]=area of effect of flamegears

Of course normally (like in skelegons) you'll have multiple platforms, and then you do the same thing to each platform.

With flame gears, you're not going to aggro most monsters, and most unaggroed monsters just walk back and forth. They'll always be walking around in one of your gears, and they will get burned eventually.

When you're gearing/poisoning, you'll be constantly cycling, replacing all your old gears/poison gases and killing all the 1hp monsters lying around

too bad gear can't overlap

even if it doesn't help with gear, i'm sure it'll be helpful on boss runs (despite being a KoC)
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by piwhgem View Post
    Have either of you ever used flame gears?
    Yes.

With flame gears, you're not going to aggro most monsters, and most unaggroed monsters just walk back and forth. They'll always be walking around in one of your gears, and they will get burned eventually.
    1. You can't stack FGs on top of each other. As a result, most people will use 3 Teleports and FG the next spot. That leaves a small gap in between the two Gearing spots, not significant, but Slow takes care of them walking in and out of the non-Geared areas.
    2. You aggro mobs to you if you use FG and they get flamed. (I'm pretty sure, from what I've seen even on level 1 FG)
    3. They don't have to stay in your gears, they can walk out w/out you knowing it. If you use FG on them and slow them, it practically guarantees they stay in the FG range.
    When you're gearing/poisoning, you'll be constantly cycling, replacing all your old gears/poison gases and killing all the 1hp monsters lying around
    F/P knowledge; It's not always constant. I usually switched between 2 channels at Grims for a while because I sometimes had to wait a bit for them to get their HP all the way down.

The fact that FG doesn't stack is a PAIN IN THE ASS though. =_=

Also note that BWs don't boss a lot, srsly. They don't have the mana pool or damage to support bossing or even leech selling. Don't even know why I made one other than the lulz.
    Last edited by emailbox; 16th December 2009 at 07:57 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200